StarMade v0.199.234 - More Logic, New Effects, and Radial Menu

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Have you tried using the randomizer to make a faster logic clock?
    not yet. have been doing that much experimenting lately as i've been doing a lot of work in 3d modeling and such. I know faster clocks exist just need to find time to work on them.

Reaction score
    OH NO.......the bloom effect doesn't apply on docked thrusters, very bad news for my ext. thruster booster module
    You don't always want the boom on you docked entities. Maybe an option to inherent thrust with or without bloom would fix it?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Have you tried using the randomizer to make a faster logic clock?
    ok a bit of a update, i managed to do some tests with the randomizer and indeed it does increase the charge speed. It seems the jump drive comp has been changed so it can be connected to multiple logic blocks at once meaning that it can receive a separate simultaneous signals at once. dozens of randomizers increases the charge speed significantly!

Reactions: Nickizzy
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ok a bit of a update, i managed to do some tests with the randomizer and indeed it does increase the charge speed. It seems the jump drive comp has been changed so it can be connected to multiple logic blocks at once meaning that it can receive a separate simultaneous signals at once. dozens of randomizers increases the charge speed significantly!
    I also tried this, but randomizer brings a new issue, now the charge time is random......

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This is pretty much exactly how existing chaindrives work- they use randomizers to put more signals into a computer than a basic NOT|Delay. It's just that the older custom randomizers require a docked entity to produce the signals.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I also tried this, but randomizer brings a new issue, now the charge time is random......
    indeed however with the sensor block it shouldn't be that big of a deal unless you need very specific times

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ok, got a question about the sensor block and thrusters. So if I set a sensor connected to a thruster block, does it read on/off thrust only or do I need the activation blocks to get a signal? And if I do, and my top speed is 109, using 50 activation blocks should give me a signal at just over 2m/s or roughly 2% of thrust right? I've tried it both ways and only seem to get a signal with no linked activation active. I was going to link a single activation and leave it off, with a NOT on the activation next to the sensor to solve it, but that doesn't seem to get me a signal either.

I have red forcefields behind ice that I'm trying to get to turn on when I apply thrust if that helps.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Don't forget that you have to pulse the sensor for it to read what it's connected to... i.e. each time you want to sample the data. (Thus the suggestion in the news item to drive it with a clock.)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Don't forget that you have to pulse the sensor for it to read what it's connected to... i.e. each time you want to sample the data. (Thus the suggestion in the news item to drive it with a clock.)
    Yeah, I did that.

I've tried it with one active, none active, and with only a single block connected active and not. I can get it to switch states by activating a block connected to the sensor, and when I deactivate one, but no changes with any setting when thrust is applied.

My ship also seems to be stuck with a permanent roll after having problems ejecting my old docked rectors. I can steady the ship, but if I go into build mode the ship starts rolling again. Made a jump into a new sector to see if that helped, no dice.

Edit: I just opened up my thrusters linked magma to them. Still wonder if I was doing something wrong though.

Last edited:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I wonder if a rail generated pulse like we use for chain drives may give a quicker update time.
    For my factory storage I'm using a simple rail pulse and that works nice. Always on to, whether server restarts or not.
    [doublepost=1475450484,1475450393][/doublepost]
    Yeah, I did that.

I've tried it with one active, none active, and with only a single block connected active and not. I can get it to switch states by activating a block connected to the sensor, and when I deactivate one, but no changes with any setting when thrust is applied.

My ship also seems to be stuck with a permanent roll after having problems ejecting my old docked rectors. I can steady the ship, but if I go into build mode the ship starts rolling again. Made a jump into a new sector to see if that helped, no dice.

Edit: I just opened up my thrusters linked magma to them. Still wonder if I was doing something wrong though.
    I noticed that none of the activation blocks are turned on in your pic.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I noticed that none of the activation blocks are turned on in your pic.
    Yeah, that's what it happened to be when I took the pic. I refer you to:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, that's what it happened to be when I took the pic. I refer you to:
    Sorry, man. Jumping on here while at work is like running across a busy road during rush hour. It's fun, but I tend to miss some details. :)

Reactions: Zekester81
    Reaction score
    I feel like the thrusters should be taken into further steps. Since in real life there is no friction, you would need reverse thrusters to slow down, or turn around 180 degrees exactly. So there should be a reverse thruster plume option as well. Maybe this can be taken a step further by needing to rotate engine blocks to get thrust in a certain direction. It would require a ton of work to pull off, but would be amazing when complete.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I feel like the thrusters should be taken into further steps. Since in real life there is no friction, you would need reverse thrusters to slow down, or turn around 180 degrees exactly. So there should be a reverse thruster plume option as well. Maybe this can be taken a step further by needing to rotate engine blocks to get thrust in a certain direction. It would require a ton of work to pull off, but would be amazing when complete.
    multi directional thruster plumes would be awesome but i say no to needing thrusters to be a certain direction in order to gain thrust. realistic thruster placement always annoyed me in games like space engineers. it dramatically slows down ship construction and is just not fun

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    there are already quite a few threads out there for something like that