StarMade v0.199.132 - Huge performance upgrade for chunks, also now supporting Portuguese-Brazilian

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    you can also do it in the graphics options ingame, because the value wont be accepting every input.

Reaction score
    361k mass asteroids, everywhere!!!!

at least it still has the same amount of ore on them, so you get roughly 1mil larimar per 10k ore

serge1944

Grand Admiral of The Infection Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Nice I have no more bad fps when looking at my carrier and I can look at a group of 6 giant asteroids without having 3 fps now its 15 fps and 20 fps from far away.If there is an edtream lod system like warthunder or total war this game will have even more fps.ps theres a bug wherebat spawn npc spawns outside the station still havent restart to see if it will fix.But even, good job.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Thanks it was a real nightmare. :) MUST HAVE STARMADE ADDICTION. :P

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    "doing an overhaul of the the fleet system. We plan to make fleets much more stable and functional"

Faction wide access to fleets pls

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just updated, not seeing anything at all, well, I can see thruster plumes.
    starmade-screenshot-0041.png
    Blocks are still there, just invisible for some reason.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Same here, I'm also getting massive lag, "running out of memory" -messages and crashes if I try to do anything too taxing. :(

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    So... since applying this update, every time I attempt to launch the CATALOG MANAGER from the main menu, it crashes my client and makes me sad. Did a full system reset but no dice - it's broken.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    schema/Auburn

Out of curiosity, is this just a change to the size of chunks, or is it an actual new system that's better than the previous? The improvements to distance loading feel more like a rewrite than a changed size :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So... since applying this update, every time I attempt to launch the CATALOG MANAGER from the main menu, it crashes my client and makes me sad. Did a full system reset but no dice - it's broken.
    Temporary fix: a .sment file is a .zip file. Just extract the contents after changing it from blueprintname.sment to blueprintname.zip.

Reactions: Sachys
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I was waiting for something like this.

" However, we’ve already surpassed the previous performance for turrets and rails. The same performance update will follow for the regular (non-rail) physics in the coming update. This will improve performance for collisions, and things such as flying inside a hangar."

Does this mean that walkers will become more stable?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Zaphord HorribleHedgehog can you sent me your logs

MacThule can you send me your log.txt.0 after crashing the game
    [doublepost=1470154192,1470154159][/doublepost]either pastebin, or give them to a tester please

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Zaphord HorribleHedgehog
    are you sure your memory settings are correct? If enough is available set it to 4096 - 1024 - 256
    are you close to a planet while loading that in ?

MacThule
    sounds like your update gone wrong .. chosse a new install path and try again to see if the download has failed somehow.
    i cant reproduce the failing of the catalog manager

and about the logs .. just remove the .0 part and drag and drop them into an answer here

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I wasn't near a planet, and the only thing within rendering distance was my 40,000 mass WIP cruiser that the game could handle fine before the update. I'll try adjusting my memory settings.

About the logs... how do I know which one's the right one? I got like twenty-odd log.txt files and same amount of serverlog.txt files. Just the highest numbered ones?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I wasn't near a planet, and the only thing within rendering distance was my 40,000 mass WIP cruiser that the game could handle fine before the update. I'll try adjusting my memory settings.

About the logs... how do I know which one's the right one? I got like twenty-odd log.txt files and same amount of serverlog.txt files. Just the highest numbered ones?
    Tried to increase memory settings to 4096 - 1024 - 256, upon starting the game I immediately got the following error message:

Error: Could not create the Java virtual machine.
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    HorribleHedgehog ... sort by timestamp and choose the one that fits with the time of the problems orcurrence ... and get me the Log.txt.0 one (thats the newest from this crash) .. i do assume you are running on 32 bit Java ... as long as you arenot using a 32 bit OS that shouldnt be.

MacThule .. that logfile crashes in mid air without an error being logged. :/ ... are there two zips being created in the starmade folder ?