StarMade v0.199.132 - Huge performance upgrade for chunks, also now supporting Portuguese-Brazilian

Reaction score
    For fps drops, have you lowered your max segments drawn, as suggested?
    I've turned them down to the minimum. It keeps the game from crashing on me, but it's choppy, and i still get the low memory message after about 5 minutes or so.

I really hope it's something obvious that I've simply overlooked due to sleep deprivation lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I may have cracked it! I've changed the memory allocation settings in the Java Configuration tool.

I added -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M to my Java memory allocation settings and everything seems to run smoothly again. The settings in the launcher don't appear to work.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I may have cracked it! I've changed the memory allocation settings in the Java Configuration tool.

I added -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M to my Java memory allocation settings and everything seems to run smoothly again. The settings in the launcher don't appear to work.
    Which launcher are you using?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've changed the memory allocation settings in the Java Configuration tool.
    If you are using an external tool to manage Java settings, you probably have system environment variables overriding the launcher settings.

Reaction score
    "...have ruled out artificially intelligent virus.

Unless it's VERY intelligent.

And toying with me!

Hmm....tests."

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Which launcher are you using?
    The beta launcher.
    [doublepost=1470677899,1470677783][/doublepost]
    If you are using an external tool to manage Java settings, you probably have system environment variables overriding the launcher settings.
    It's the config tool that comes with Java. Used to do the same to get Minecraft to run on my sons netbook.

Doing it this way has improved my game, using the same (similar) controls did not.
    [doublepost=1470678072][/doublepost]I am now able to run the game with the same settings I had before the update. I may have lost a few fps here and there but the game is playable again.

Reaction score
    The beta launcher.
    [doublepost=1470677899,1470677783][/doublepost]
    It's the config tool that comes with Java. Used to do the same to get Minecraft to run on my sons netbook.

Doing it this way has improved my game, using the same (similar) controls did not.
    [doublepost=1470678072][/doublepost]I am now able to run the game with the same settings I had before the update. I may have lost a few fps here and there but the game is playable again.
    I just tried the same thing, and the game now works better than ever. I get a little chop when I fire a bunch of weapons or ram something, but on average I'm getting about 40fPS which is more than I've ever seen on my laptop lol

Reaction score
    Wanted to stop by and say "Thanks, Good Work" for the chunk management update. Worked magic for my gimpy little machine.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    My catalog manager is no longer crashing the game... not sure what happened. It just was for two days, now it's not.

My FPS is doing fine under the new update, but the chunk load time for my HB (i think it's about 90-100K mass right now) is now hopelessly long. Nothing at all loads for 2-3 solid minutes, then it all loads at once... usually. Sometimes only most of the chunks load and a few holdouts never load unless I restart (and wait another 2-3 minutes for the station to chunk in), but usually it all loads after the long delay. Is the several minutes delay to be expected with very large entities or is there graphics setting that's causing this?

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Is the several minutes delay to be expected with very large entities or is there graphics setting that's causing this?
    Bit of both maybe - have you already lowered your segments to half or a quarter of your setting prior to the update?

Reaction score
    So after reinstalling Java, upping my memory allocation as high as I can get, lowering my max segments I've gotten up to a whopping 5 seconds of play time before the game just crashes. can't think of anything else to try really.