StarMade v0.198.476 - The Trading System

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    might take your cargo and go
    This can actually be avoided by forcing them to pay a collateral when accepting the offer. If they get taken out, or don't trade the goods in a reasonable amount of time they will have to pay for whatever they stole, and it can be automatic. Or it could be upfront, and they might not get their money back plus the money for the transport job until they deliver the cargo.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol yes force the thief to pay for what they stole. XD Maybe add some kind of Insurance tab to the shop menu where we can adjust the amount of money we're willing to pay for a TG fleet to get things from Point A to Point B or other factions for that matter. Say player factions and non-TG AI factions could post up their rates they have for sending ships out to transport items, guard transports, decoy routes, loss insurance, etc. Also how many ships they have available for these things and their stats someone would want to know. :)

Would be kinda interesting to say the least.

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Anyone else getting low frames with the new update? I can't even play on some servers because of the frame loss. I used to get 60 and now it's constantly jumping between 1 and 12. I played before the update and everything was fine.
    Yup frame rates taken a nose dive.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, I noticed the girder when reading through the block config file. Didn't think of using the /give though. Must remember that next time. :)

Love the new LOD objects. Especially the light.
    Perhaps use the additional 12 rotations to place the rod near the edge of the cube instead of centre. This would give so many cool lighting options, especially for above consoles or along slab edges.

Can't wait for more LOD flora. Any NPC fauna in development yet? ;-)

I can see fun building experiment days ahead.

Thanks Schine!

Reactions: Trekkerjoe
    Reaction score
    Can't wait for actual convoys to get in game to make deliveries.

On a grand scale, Will the market work similar to the 'Grand Exchange' from Runescape, back in the day?

Players, if I recall, would post proposals. It was almost like stocks, in that you could put an offer to purchase "x" goods for "y" price. Offers made by all players would drive the prices dynamically up and down. This could be gamed, but that is part of the fun.

For example, I could deposit 1,000 grey hull and offer it at 10,000 credits. Anyone looking to purchase grey hull from the grand exchange would see all of offers available, and could deposit credits to the market to auto-purchase any offer that was 'less than 10 credits for grey hull'.

Alternatively, I think there was a way to deposit credits into an offer "Offering 10,000 credits for 1.000 grey hull". The credits would leave ones inventory, and would go unto the market, and I think the system would match up the two and complete congruent deals like that.

Obviously, add time and the convoy aspect to this.

Just wondering what future plans are.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

On a grand scale, Will the market work similar to the 'Grand Exchange' from Runescape, back in the day?

Players, if I recall, would post proposals. It was almost like stocks, in that you could put an offer to purchase "x" goods for "y" price. Offers made by all players would drive the prices dynamically up and down. This could be gamed, but that is part of the fun.

For example, I could deposit 1,000 grey hull and offer it at 10,000 credits. Anyone looking to purchase grey hull from the grand exchange would see all of offers available, and could deposit credits to the market to auto-purchase any offer that was 'less than 10 credits for grey hull'.

Alternatively, I think there was a way to deposit credits into an offer "Offering 10,000 credits for 1.000 grey hull". The credits would leave ones inventory, and would go unto the market, and I think the system would match up the two and complete congruent deals like that.

I would love this being added. That was my favorite thing about playing Runescape.

Reaction score
    Anyone else getting low frames with the new update? I can't even play on some servers because of the frame loss. I used to get 60 and now it's constantly jumping between 1 and 12. I played before the update and everything was fine.
    You're not the only one. Our server has been having nothing but issues since the update.

Sometimes I log in and my frame rate is 1 and my ping shoots through the roof before crashing me, other times I can log in fine, other times I log in and my fps and ping are fine but the game stutters, other players are also having the same issue.

Just seems completely random. Still there even after applying the hotfix.
    Something seems seriously messed up with this update but I have to say these days I am not surprised anymore when this occurs.
    Half features being added and bug filled releases have become part of the norm for StarMade. :rolleyes:

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Buying armor hardeners: 25 credits
    Selling basic Hull: 100,000 credits

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Selling basic Hull: 100,000 credits
    I can see it now. The huge nexus shop. The grander exchange. All the bank standers and all the glorious, righteous, awesome economic warfare.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    My only concern with this is that you might not know where to go to if you want to follow the delivery and protect it. Maybe an extra fee players could pay for stronger, armed vessels could be a feature, too?
    Mercenary Fleets anybody? ;D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hallo zusammen,

bin mal so frech und schreib ma uff Deutsch...liegt vllt daran das ick kein Englisch kann...xD
    erstmal ein Lob an das neue Handelssystem hört sich jut an...muss nur noch schauen wie es genau
    Funktioniert....

Wollte aber mal was anderes fragen, wir haben seit dem Update massiv mit FPS Probleme zu
    kämpfen, und wissen aber net woran es liegt...vllt kann jemand helfen...!?

Unter anderem mal ne frage, könnte man nicht die alten Planeten wieder rein bringen,
    da diese nie Probleme verursacht hatten...die neuen Planeten sorgen für FPS Probleme
    und beim landen von schiffen selbst in der Größe eines Schiffskern gibt es high Ping bis zum
    Server abstürzt...wir selber hatten bis vor paar Updates noch custom Planeten die leider nun
    nur noch Fehler Meldungen schmeißen...

Rechtschreibfehler könnt ihr behalten...da is eh meine Tastatur schuld...xD

MfG Avatar / Gouverneur

Militärpolizei / Multi-Gaming Gemeinschaft

Server : Novam-Domum.sun-world.at:4242

Reaction score
    Any issues concerning FPS and ping are due to a bug in the game that causes server to flood error logs to clients, overloading and crashing them, the devs are aware of this and working on a possible solution. Nothing can be done client side to alleviate the problem, short of rolling back into previous stable builds.

Reaction score
    Excited for trading progress, cant wait to be a space trucker!

Though I wonder if there will be room for player driven trading services in the game when the trading guild can be hired almost instantly. People do love convenience; and players would have to be tracked down in chat, haggled with, then hired at the risk that they just might take your cargo and go. Trade guild seems rather appealing if that's the case.

Especially when you consider that in most servers I have visited, millions of credits is considered chump change. So the higher price of the trade guild wouldn't even be a consideration.

I haven't had a chance to see this in game yet, but it seems like pretty well all of these things are totally doable by setting buy/sell prices at your own shop modules. If you want to avoid the trading guild tax, set your buy price a little higher than the norm, then an enterprising player can come by and sell it to you.

On the other side, no contract needed, just watch the demand spikes and make your deliveries.

Reactions: Theats