StarMade v0.198.476 - The Trading System

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    "The Trading Guild itself handles trades made using the Trade Network. This means anyone can trade with any other shop in the network, given they have sufficient credits to pay the Guild its fee."

I can see a merciless war against the Trading Guild coming up in the near future.
    So I can pay the trading guild to send me a freighter that I can then overheat and salvage and sell back to them at a profit? Seems nice. Glad homebases can have pull turrets and, you know, not take damage, else I might actually risk something in this venture.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    If a freighter comes to your homebase, the most likely reason would be that your bought blocks. If you wanna raid your own shipment, that is of course up to you ;)

But joke aside, the trading guild will of course not sit around and take any raids on their convoys lightly. Not only are they going to temporarily embargo attackers, they will also keep an accessible history of trades with shops and factions. So if a shop, faction, or player has a suspiciously low rate of completing trades, you probably won't want to do business with it.

Reaction score
    Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This all sounds like a very interesting update to trade and its mechanics in general.
    I've never done much with self owned shop blocks in the past, but I guess that's gonna change now. ;)

Nice work guys, can't wait to see real time NPC behavior added to this trading aspect. :D

Greets,

Jan

Reactions: NTIMESc

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Why does the TG have any say in trading between players? -_-
    Is nothing ever good enough for you? You'll be able to add your own trade fleets later.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    "Trading Guild fleets are only virtual at the moment and therefore cannot be intercepted nor raided … yet. We will add this feature in the coming weeks, along with some of the NPC faction features. This will also include an upgrade to fleet AI."
    So when that is implemented players will be able to ambush resources being delivered to enemies? My only concern with this is that you might not know where to go to if you want to follow the delivery and protect it. Maybe an extra fee players could pay for stronger, armed vessels could be a feature, too?

Reaction score
    Anyone else getting low frames with the new update? I can't even play on some servers because of the frame loss. I used to get 60 and now it's constantly jumping between 1 and 12. I played before the update and everything was fine.

Reactions: kikaha

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I don't see why the Light Bar needs 24 rotation two of the rotations are always the same.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I don't see why the Light Bar needs 24 rotation two of the rotations are always the same.
    Wait yea. If the model and texture are pretty-much mirrored on one axis, why doesn't the bar only have twelve rotations?

Also, GIRDERS! YAY! :D

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Is nothing ever good enough for you? You'll be able to add your own trade fleets later.
    Because "later" in schinespeak means "in a year and a half or more, probably." The taxes shouldn't even exist until real TG convoys and player convoys can exist.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This looks cool! I can't wait for this bug to get fixed so I can check out the last two updates.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Anyone else getting low frames with the new update? I can't even play on some servers because of the frame loss. I used to get 60 and now it's constantly jumping between 1 and 12. I played before the update and everything was fine.
    yes me too, and some fellow i play with also;

Wildly variable frame rate, very high pings... This update is very wild to say the least.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    If a freighter comes to your homebase, the most likely reason would be that your bought blocks. If you wanna raid your own shipment, that is of course up to you ;)

But joke aside, the trading guild will of course not sit around and take any raids on their convoys lightly. Not only are they going to temporarily embargo attackers, they will also keep an accessible history of trades with shops and factions. So if a shop, faction, or player has a suspiciously low rate of completing trades, you probably won't want to do business with it.
    Oh no I was just saying I would buy 1 dirt block and pay the fee to have it shipped to me, then salvage the delivering convoy for a profit. Maybe move around to different shops if need be. If im fighting a war with some one, I would travel to their corner of the galaxy and make like 15 delivery requests to temporary lock up all the shops they have access to.

I might be sanctioned doing that though. Depends on how bad the sanctions are :P

Reactions: Lone_Puppy
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The girders feel like they should have more rotations... I can flip it 6 different ways, but I can't aim it at specific angles. It feels like it should be 12 or 24 rotations.

Zylofan

Dirty Rper
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Excited for trading progress, cant wait to be a space trucker!

Though I wonder if there will be room for player driven trading services in the game when the trading guild can be hired almost instantly. People do love convenience; and players would have to be tracked down in chat, haggled with, then hired at the risk that they just might take your cargo and go. Trade guild seems rather appealing if that's the case.

Especially when you consider that in most servers I have visited, millions of credits is considered chump change. So the higher price of the trade guild wouldn't even be a consideration.

Last edited: