StarMade v0.198.476 - The Trading System

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    first

Also did you guys ever fix the little bug with Current Permission and Trade Permission?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Fleet AI improvement soon, YAY! I really can't wait to see that and the NPC stuff. Your Trading system sounds good so far too, and all performance fixes are good, so YAY all around! Sounds like things are really heating up for Starmade. Please keep up the hard work!

Reactions: JinM

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Why does the TG have any say in trading between players? -_-

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Well someone has to handle the logistics. And they are the trading guild. If player want to avoid their fee, they would simply make the deliveries themselves.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It's that way for the moment until we can make our own ships do the trading. XD
    Yeah, no. That's moronic.

Well someone has to handle the logistics. And they are the trading guild. If player want to avoid their fee, they would simply make the deliveries themselves.
    We CAN'T make our own logistics and deliveries.
    [doublepost=1468377107,1468377033][/doublepost]Also, no barter system, credits only? Seriously?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Off to a good start!

Crashing on singleplayer startup~
    Submitted logs, assuming that tool actually works.
    [doublepost=1468377642,1468377280][/doublepost]
    That's almost guaranteed to be coming in a later update, I expect.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Yeah, no. That's moronic.

[doublepost=1468377107,1468377033][/doublepost]Also, no barter system, credits only? Seriously?
    according to the news post it would seem that us having our own trading fleets is planned just not implemented yet

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Problem with sector size setting back to 5k on server startup.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Trading guild flat share: 20%

• Trading guild share per system travelled: 2%
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAH oh my god I didn't even notice that

No one with more than a handful of braincells is going to be stupid enough to use the trading system. No one. 20% alone would be too much, but TWO PERCENT PER SYSTEM AS WELL? Jesus fucking christ.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Trading guild flat share: 20%

• Trading guild share per system travelled: 2%
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAH oh my god I didn't even notice that

No one with more than a handful of braincells is going to be stupid enough to use the trading system. No one. 20% alone would be too much, but TWO PERCENT PER SYSTEM AS WELL? Jesus fucking christ.
    Strange I got rich off it on the dev build in single player be fair. >_>

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Strange I got rich off it on the dev build in single player be fair. >_>
    How, exactly, are you getting rich of trading stuff back and forth when the TG is taxing you of a MINIMUM of 40% of whatever you're making?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    How, exactly, are you getting rich of trading stuff back and forth when the TG is taxing you of a MINIMUM of 40% of whatever you're making?
    Called not putting your base on the far side of the universe and trading with rich people. :)

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Called not putting your base on the far side of the universe and trading with rich people. :)
    That's not an explanation. If you are doing 2 trades, they are taking a MINIMUM of 40% of the money. If I buy a computer from one player's shop for 1000, the guilds take 200, only giving that person 800, fucking them over. Then, when I try to sell it to a TG shop for, say, 1200, to try and make a profit, they take 240, giving me a net total of -40 credits. Explain how I'm supposed to make money that way.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    the point of the cost is to avoid tiny trades. The actual numbers are up for change. The reason for the price is how scalable it is, you can trade with many people at the same time.

However, the NPC factions will trade with you also. If people buy or sell to you, you don't actually pay any costs.
    [doublepost=1468380107,1468380016][/doublepost]Azereiah to prioritize any crash with the new version (as its hard to find in the regulae submissions), can you upload it to pastebin and post it please.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    the point of the cost is to avoid tiny trades. The actual numbers are up for change. The reason for the price is how scalable it is, you can trade with many people at the same time.

However, the NPC factions will trade with you also. If people buy or sell to you, you don't actually pay any costs.
    The flat percentages make ALL trading harder, large or small. The flat 1000c/300c per system fees already cover that well enough. There's no reason for these to exist.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    to prioritize any crash with the new version (as its hard to find in the regulae submissions), can you upload it to pastebin and post it please.
    False alarm.

Got assistance from Nightrune. Turns out it was an update error thanks to Steam, which has never happened to me in the past.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    the flat cost is not added to the share of TG. if the delivery cost is less than the profit of the TG they will not add that to the total price
    [doublepost=1468380212,1468380190][/doublepost]ah ok, ty for the notice Azereiah
    [doublepost=1468380397][/doublepost]You also will be able to send your own ships in the future, at the risk of losing them. That's the reason why the TG wants compensation.
    [doublepost=1468380442][/doublepost]obviously, adding that option now is not possible as long as the trading fleet isn't "real"