StarMade v0.198.476 - The Trading System

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So they only tax you if you're making a profit? The TG is intentionally trying to prevent people from making money? What the hell.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I like the Trading updates! Just cant fit some stations into sectors anymore.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    but also now, the speed and convenience of being able to trade over such far distance is not to underestimate

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    but also now, the speed and convenience of being able to trade over such far distance is not to underestimate
    I'm pretty sure I could do my trading faster by setting out to my destination with a chain drive.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I'm pretty sure I could do my trading faster by setting out to my destination with a chain drive.
    Of course. The real benefit is that you can have many trades going on at once, from many sources. More sources = more time saved by having the TG do it.

Now, stop looking the gift horse in the mouth, will you? It's free and nondetrimental.

Reactions: Viktor Raion

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    StormWing0 i don't really know. this is not a know bug. ill look into it
    [doublepost=1468380703,1468380659][/doublepost]you can make MORE profit. It is the first iteration. we will try to balance it :)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    StormWing0 i don't really know. this is not a know bug. ill look into it
    Didn't notice it in the dev build because i just left things at their defaults but the sector size does in fact reset to 5k for some strange reason. o_O

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    there doesn't see any problem with sector size on my side. Not sure how to trace it

Reactions: Bobby Bighoof
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    GenXnova could not update the new version auto resets the sector size to 5000 ours was set to 15000 and this update broke our server on update we had to revert, but we are excited to see the new changes and wait patiently to be able to update.

Reactions: SchnellBier

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I see. That's strange. The sector size is saved in the ServerConfig.cfg. unless that got damaged (which it shouldnt as the actual file its not part of any update). I will have my eye on any other reports with similar problems.
    [doublepost=1468381107,1468381048][/doublepost]do you have any logs of the server breaking?

Reaction score
    OMG....LoD system, have been waiting for this for long long long long time.
    Thanks magic cat and schine, looking forward for full LoD for fps improvement

Reactions: Winterhome

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    I see. That's strange. The sector size is saved in the ServerConfig.cfg. unless that got damaged (which it shouldnt as the actual file its not part of any update). I will have my eye on any other reports with similar problems.
    [doublepost=1468381107,1468381048][/doublepost]do you have any logs of the server breaking?
    When I go into the main menu to change the sector size I see it reset to 5000 right in front of me when I click outside the test box. I'll see if I can grab a log, not sure what others are getting.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    inb4 accidental read-only config file

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Lecic, people become millionaires IRL while the government takes 50% of their money minimum.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Here let me restart it then crash it 5 min into run to generate a log see if that helps will be on the slack. I can't leave it on the forced sector size we have many stations going over boarders and that is where the problem will be, but lets see if the restart and force crash will report where the game forced the config change
    [doublepost=1468382189][/doublepost]ok did update server start then force crash after 5 min. the server config was auto reset to 5000 should show in the log we hope on start up

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Yeah, no. That's moronic.

We CAN'T make our own logistics and deliveries.
    Hey, if I was the trading guild and had a monopoly on the trading system, I sure as hell would MAKE sure no one would try to code in a way to undermine that monopoly.

Reactions: RoAnnon