StarMade v0.198.219 Custom Shapes, 7 Languages, reworked GUI graphics & new Asteroids

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I'm too busy disconnecting and crashing out of NFD to realize how excellent the GUI textures are.
    Or am I?
    The answer may surprise you.

Reactions: kupu
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Those consoles, absolutely amazing. If that level of quality is what we can expect from all decorations in the future, I'm beyond excited.

But yeah, we need a version that is also an activator and a version that is a button. Also some display block crossover. But you know what, nevermind... I'm too ahead of myself.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Menus ingame still don't remember their positions. Very annoying to reconfigure all every time i start the game...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Nice update! =)

Also, a wild issue appears: After the update, when closing in on a planet, there are transparent waves/stripes on the planet's surface and they kinda pulsate when I move.

EDIT: Hmm... The bug disappeared when I put bloom setting on. It might have been there all along and just appeared with settings reset.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Yeah, it appears to have problems. I wish I could play it, but it gives me errors on staring up a game

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 12.28.26 μμ.png

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    Yeah, it appears to have problems. I wish I could play it, but it gives me errors on staring up a game
    It seems to be caused by the "enable shadows" setting, try disabling it? (you can either use the Options menu, it's under Graphics or set G_SHADOWS and G_SHADOWS_TARGET to false in settings.cfg)

Reaction score
    It seems to be caused by the "enable shadows" setting, try disabling it? (you can either use the Options menu, it's under Graphics or set G_SHADOWS and G_SHADOWS_TARGET to false in settings.cfg)

Thank you for the reply. The "enable shadow" setting was disabled, I set the "set shadow quality" to simple and the game loaded.
    I was hopping to submit my creations on the fleet competition today but it seems that all blocks have been replaced by other blocks.
    It's a bit more funky if I may say but it is not what I've designed. lol

Screen-Shot-2016-06-20-at-1.21.53-μμ.jpg

Reaction score
    • Tester
    @Tomsuli .. go to options-> grafics and search for "use framebuffers" toggle it on

i guess you are using an AMD GPU ?

Reaction score
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Yeah if only we could change the colors of the consoles and other computers at will.... So just one block we can change the colors...

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Thank you for the reply. The "enable shadow" setting was disabled, I set the "set shadow quality" to simple and the game loaded.
    I was hopping to submit my creations on the fleet competition today but it seems that all blocks have been replaced by other blocks.
    It's a bit more funky if I may say but it is not what I've designed. lol

View attachment 27740
    Are you sure the blocks have actually changed? It's possible the textures got messed up. I would try deleting the textures folder and repairing the installation.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    "However, these objects should never be a main build component."
    I'd just like to ask, does this mean the pipe and console are possibly going to be replaced in the future? Or does it mean they could cause a drop in framerate and such because of the (relative to blocks) advanced model if we use a whole ton?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    "However, these objects should never be a main build component."
    I'd just like to ask, does this mean the pipe and console are possibly going to be replaced in the future? Or does it mean they could cause a drop in framerate and such because of the (relative to blocks) advanced model if we use a whole ton?
    The second one. Fancier shape -> more polygons -> more GPU load. It shouldn't be a big deal, though, unless you build your entire ship out of consoles somehow. :p

(Even then, it wouldn't be much of a problem, as LoD would kick in and those are not very high poly models. Schema just likes to try and minimize performance losses.)

Reaction score
    Sadly the game performs much worse for me since this update. Especially when the new asteroids are in my field of vision.

I would be happy for any tips.

In case it helps, here's what i play on:
    CPU: AMD-A10 5800K
    Grafics: ATI-Radeon HD4600
    RAM: 8GB enabled for java

Reaction score
    Auburn thanks for the bigger and better looking asteroids.

Love the size of them now. Now you can make an actual base in one of them. Too bad you can't make them static though. Please don't make them smaller.

Reaction score
    Game auto updated. I got some errors and a crash. I redownloaded the update and all works. The GUI looks nice and the larger asteroids are great. Like Lord Daro though I have a somewhat of an issue. Quad Core 2.8ghz AMD 4 gigs of ram Windows 7 64bit. Ram has never been an issue and is still not. My cpu on the other hand is getting the business. I'll go over any changed &/or extra settings I might've missed just in case. Mind you this is not making the game unplayable ,as thus far ,but the cpu spikes with entity loads is notably more rough.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    "Hello, Hola, cześć, Здравствуйте, Bonjour, こんにちは, 你好, Hallo players,"

Reactions: alij331
    Reaction score
    Nice update! =)

Also, a wild issue appears: After the update, when closing in on a planet, there are transparent waves/stripes on the planet's surface and they kinda pulsate when I move.

EDIT: Hmm... The bug disappeared when I put bloom setting on. It might have been there all along and just appeared with settings reset.
    I know how to fix it. Do "Tab + f3" until it is fixed. I believe it has something to do with framebuffers and when you don't have framebuffers on without bloom it creates this weird effect. Not sure why bloom without frame buffers fixes it though.