StarMade v0.198.219 Custom Shapes, 7 Languages, reworked GUI graphics & new Asteroids

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm getting a shading error on start-up and can no-longer load the game :( Was fine prior to the update. I've reported it as a bug but was wondering if anyone else is getting this problem?

Reaction score
    Gonzalo, thanks! My computer loses ~80 FPS when turning on bloom, yet I have several similar lighting issues. Also, heptas+tetras (The lines between them, in fact) gain a weird black line effect when bloom is off. Never had the issue before this update.

EDIT:
    Oh, Blodge, try re-downloading the update. That fixed it for StarWars.

Reaction score
    Sadly the game performs much worse for me since this update. Especially when the new asteroids are in my field of vision.
    Yeah, performance definitely took a big hit with this update

Getting half the frames I was before even after deleting all asteroids in the area

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    this is the best update so far ,I can mine asteroids and still get 1000+fps!,now to fix the derpy fleets.:confused:

Croquelune

An Imaginary Number's officer
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Where can we edit language translation in order to fix typo for next release ? Cause I just saw some oddities in French language version.

Hmm? I upgraded my instance running on my home PC and remoted into it using a fresh install and this is what I see.

[DOUBLEPOST=1466382325,1466381982][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow, this is really interesting! Can we have this as a feature? :)
    Funny they told me it was temporal bug : T1518.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Updated and now it won't Start, re-downloaded it and still same issue. I start the Game and the Starting menu shows up I press the Star Game button and then nothing happens...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can we get an option to disable the ability to use salvage beams on planet plates in server.cfg now? It's still very taxing when hitting multiple plates at once. With the new asteroids allowing higher resource acquisition it could help server performance a lot.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Performance? Make mining a 1:1 "bonus" or even reduce salvage beam damage to slow down mining, and instead put in a huge refining bonus to factories. Servers seem to run much faster this way, and players still get equal or greater resources.

Reaction score
    I had not seen the console things that could be done, but I found an asteroid that surpassed 500K blocks last night right after the patch in one of my belts. I could build a station in it.

Going to have to play around with this now and update many things.

Also I have not had any issue with performance as yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Great update guys keep it up.

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Could always add a way to adjust the size range of things like asteroids just like we can do with planets. Might help with performance issues. :)

Reactions: Blodge
    Reaction score
    Asteroid mining is not the culprit here, and with the new asteroids it already takes a lot longer to get through them. Slowing this process down even more could cause players to abandon mining completely and start squabbling for shop resources. Factory performance in-game is also adffected by lag, so it wouldn't help to add massive refinement bonuses, if refinement grinds to a halt because of lag.

Planet mining done improperly or large ships being handled (moved, in batlle or saved/loaded from blueprints) are the most prominent causes of lag in-game. These problems are due to player behavior, and could be rained in or minimized if they are reinforced in server rules.

The basis of all the lag problems and network performance issues is that the game has a less-than-perfect netcode, that is vulnerable to lag and server dropouts and crashes due to lag and poor network performance.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wouldn't removing the high faction point cost for distance be a simple way to remove the squabbling and resource issues around mining and lag?

I'm having issues with my large harvester working in fleets now. It worked fine before the recent updates, but now it just does a spazzie jiggle when it positions itself to mine and then does nothing. :(

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I'm having issues with my large harvester working in fleets now. It worked fine before the recent updates, but now it just does a spazzie jiggle when it positions itself to mine and then does nothing. :(
    This might not be the same problem, but wasn't there some issue with mining fleets that could be fixed by moving the center of mass to almost exactly on the ship's core?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wouldn't removing the high faction point cost for distance be a simple way to remove the squabbling and resource issues around mining and lag?

Fleet mining is completely broken this update. It's a known bug, but what isn't known is when it'll get fixed. (Soon, though, since the next major goal for Schine is to get the Trading Guild and new station/shop assets into the game, which requires AI and fleet mining to work)

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    This might not be the same problem, but wasn't there some issue with mining fleets that could be fixed by moving the center of mass to almost exactly on the ship's core?
    I've tried this in the past and it didn't work. The problem with my harvester was the distance between asteroids and anything within proximity to my harvester. The solution then was to cluster everything around the core as close as possible, but the centre of mass didn't matter.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1466982809,1466982717][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Fleet mining is completely broken this update. It's a known bug, but what isn't known is when it'll get fixed. (Soon, though, since the next major goal for Schine is to get the Trading Guild and new station/shop assets into the game, which requires AI and fleet mining to work)
    Hmm. That's a bummer. Oh well, I can't wait until they fix it. I hope they fix the AI and simplify the order system in the process.

Reaction score
    as an avid drone miner, any word our at least a work around to get this fixed? since i'm still new to the game and single player mostly what build do i need to go back to? I remember mining the new asteroids fine but i think the friday patch was the one that broke the fleet mining.

cheers