StarMade v0.198.219 Custom Shapes, 7 Languages, reworked GUI graphics & new Asteroids

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    With asteroids at the scales they have been loading, some have asked why they would still mine planets.

Maybe it is time to scale up planets, to a more real size and depth, so people dont more to just mining asteroids.

JonasWalker

Old Newb
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    With asteroids at the scales they have been loading, some have asked why they would still mine planets.

Maybe it is time to scale up planets, to a more real size and depth, so people dont more to just mining asteroids.
    They need to overhaul planets first to fix the severe lag problems along with a few other optimizations/improvements before they can realistically consider increasing their size.

Reaction score

They need to overhaul planets first to fix the severe lag problems along with a few other optimizations/improvements before they can realistically consider increasing their size.
    This is only my personal, entirely subjective experience, but I have bumped up planet sizes to 512 from the default 225, which translates to planets about eight times the standard volume, and still have a frame rate consistently above 30 when on a planet, which I consider smooth enough for playing. The frame rate does drop from what it is in empty space (or it would if I didn't cap FPS anyway), but that's to be expected.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is only my personal, entirely subjective experience, but I have bumped up planet sizes to 512 from the default 225, which translates to planets about eight times the standard volume, and still have a frame rate consistently above 30 when on a planet, which I consider smooth enough for playing. The frame rate does drop from what it is in empty space (or it would if I didn't cap FPS anyway), but that's to be expected.
    Than there's people like me playing on Potatoes that come near a 50m radius planet and one sneeze causes the computer to post a death warrant for me. XD

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11

No? People mining asteroids instead of planets is GOOD for servers. Asteroid mining causes significantly less lag for both clients and for servers.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    The only time asteroid mining causes lag is when someone tries to mine the whole dang sector at once or something like that. >_> 90% of the time though it doesn't cause lag. Now the Asteroids themselves on the other hand might be a tad laggy due to their size for some people.