StarMade v0.198.219 Custom Shapes, 7 Languages, reworked GUI graphics & new Asteroids

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Custom shapes?? Maybe that long-awaited update to beams will finally come soon...

Reaction score
    Guess I gotta get to the game now.

*And edit every ship I've ever made an interior for

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Are we sure these asteroids aren't TOO big?

Also, has mining faction locked asteroids been fixed yet?

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hmm? I upgraded my instance running on my home PC and remoted into it using a fresh install and this is what I see.

[DOUBLEPOST=1466382325,1466381982][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow, this is really interesting! Can we have this as a feature? :)

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I really hope that these consoles get used for crew stuff, I absolutely love how they look

Can't wait for more custom shaped objects to be implemented, I'm still waiting for flat control panels.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    can consoles be made to act as another activation module? Would be awesome for RP stuff

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Lol, you should make upside-down consoles work as passenger seats. Great update, it's nice to see the foundation for LODing and models being layed! :D

Reaction score
    "Further native library usage will be used for other CPU heavy parts of the game. This means, we now have the speed of C/C++ for the performance critical parts, while still keeping the convenience of java"

That sentence confuses me, is the native libraries already in the game for all "other CPU heavy parts of the game" or just asteroids?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    "Further native library usage will be used for other CPU heavy parts of the game. This means, we now have the speed of C/C++ for the performance critical parts, while still keeping the convenience of java"

That sentence confuses me, is the native libraries already in the game for all "other CPU heavy parts of the game" or just asteroids?
    Just asteroids for now.

It should say "we will have the speed of C/C++..."

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine

It is at the moment only used for the asteroids. Setting it up to be multi-platform (mac/linux/win) is unfortunately not trivial, but now we got it working. It will be used for more CPU heavy things like lighting calculations and other generation algorithms. Maybe even for physics at some point.

The speed at which asteroids are made is about 7 times faster as before, even at this new size. This was actually one of the biggest bottlenecks for servers. It should help reduce non-bandwidth based multiplayer lag tremendously. Also, thanks to the SIMD system, modern servers can profit even more in speed, as their CPU architecture can take full advantage of the optimization.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It is at the moment only used for the asteroids. Setting it up to be multi-platform (mac/linux/win) is unfortunately not trivial, but now we got it working. It will be used for more CPU heavy things like lighting calculations and other generation algorithms. Maybe even for physics at some point.
    This is an exciting possibility. I hope it works out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Very awesome.
    Would still like to see more extreme variation in the asteroid sizes and amount of asteroids in asteroid fields.
    They don't quite feel.. "Dangerous" enough yet. Not enough debris possibly murdering/getting my ship stuck.
    Beyond that, seriously awesome. :D

Already started updating my small ships with the new fille- erm, decoration blocks. Some amazing utility.

Last edited:

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wow, the new console gives my Bridge such a different shade of awesome!
    If only we had the chairs to match.
    I'm guessing you may be wanting chairs to be included in the functional objects you mentioned. ;-)