STARMADE V0.19590 - FLEETS AND CARRIERS

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hellz Yeah, ty for the update. Love it already and haven't even checked it out yet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Questions not covered in the update video

To what extent has the AI been developed with the fleets, for instance

Is it possible for a carrier + fleet to have all the fleet docked, then automatically detect it's under attack and deploy its docked ships to defend itself, or would that be dependent on a player being in the carrier and hitting the almighty drone release button?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Is it possible for a carrier + fleet to have all the fleet docked, then automatically detect it's under attack and deploy its docked ships to defend itself, or would that be dependent on a player being in the carrier and hitting the almighty drone release button?
    With some enemy detectors and a few other logic things yes but no the AI doesn't know how to use logic launchers from the hotbar yet in response to attacks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Had a hell of a time getting our modded server back up with the update, crashing because the server was looking for the revertBlockBehavior config file. The closest one was revertBehavior, so I renamed that to revertBlockBehavior. Then it was crashing out because (what I believe) it was comparing/parsing my current BlockBehavior config file with the ancient settings of revertBlockConfig. Things like <damagepertick> being called <damagepersec> in the "revert" file. Had lots of issues with damage beam configs looping in the server console. Ended up pasting all the BlockBehavior main weapons settings over the revertBH settings and now it's back.

What is the purpose of this revert file exactly?

All that aside, it really is a badass update. Thanks for the hard work, Schine Team.

Last edited:
    Reactions: nightrune and Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Super cool update. The only funny thing I have noticed so far is when you try to recall a drone to the carrier it goes nuts if it doesn't have a direct line of sight to its docking point. Maybe it should fly in ever wider circles perpendicular to the desired docking point until it gets a clear line of sight?

Reactions: Lone_Puppy
    Reaction score
    Whoot whoot ,already rolling around in our TBAA industries trading guild fleet ,been riding around to different places on auto pilot quit impressive!!!

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It is nice thing

But still it is not useful
    Unless you are on 100+ player server,and have 80 ships XDD
    For noobs like me,it is good for nothing

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So, I have a question that will undoubtedly go unanswered.

Will there some day be a way for us to use carrier rails more efficiently? It seems like with this system we need a set of pickup rails for every drone deployed. Or am I misreading something?

Anyways, fantastic update. I was going to sleep, but oh well.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    So, I have a question that will undoubtedly go unanswered.

Will there some day be a way for us to use carrier rails more efficiently? It seems like with this system we need a set of pickup rails for every drone deployed. Or am I misreading something?

Anyways, fantastic update. I was going to sleep, but oh well.
    Not necessarily. Using logic, you can split the stream of incoming drones on 1 rail into multiple. That is, if the game doesn't per se prevent 2 drones flying towards the same pickup point.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Ahh, so if my pickup rails meet at a real rail I could potentially use logic to split that rail and send the ships to different docking points?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Ahh, so if my pickup rails meet at a real rail I could potentially use logic to split that rail and send the ships to different docking points?
    Yes. Possibly logic can also affect pickup rails, although the freefloating logic blocks for detection may look odd.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    hh, so if my pickup rails meet at a real rail I could potentially use logic to split that rail and send the ships to different docking points?
    I believe Raiben already tested this and proved it true. He used logic to fill up launch rails as the drones landed on the same pickup area. It was on his latest livestream.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I believe Raiben already tested this and proved it true. He used logic to fill up launch rails as the drones landed on the same pickup area. It was on his latest livestream.
    Okay, that's awesome, and I'll look into it, but why do the non physical pickup blocks take up space? Currently it seems we can't have our pickup rails on the actual decks of our carriers, only one block above them. What's more, it's impossible to use pickup rails to connect to an actual rail docker that is flush with our carrier decks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh boy, so much to try out and so little time. :cool:

Keep up the good work guys! :D

Greets,

Jan

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Super cool update. The only funny thing I have noticed so far is when you try to recall a drone to the carrier it goes nuts if it doesn't have a direct line of sight to its docking point. Maybe it should fly in ever wider circles perpendicular to the desired docking point until it gets a clear line of sight?
    I suggested that, but the update had taken too long already and developing, testing, and debugging an entire new feature (and IIRC fixing some other things that were preventing that) would have been a bad idea. No idea if this might be coming soon or not, though.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i like it though the actual implementation of fleets still won't let us do stuff with em. i mean my ships guard my stuff pre patch as well without being given the order to do so ... for the turrets ai fired at enemies...
    i really love the rail part returning drones and such... though how about i would like my fleet to consist of a few drone carriers?
    I kinda would wish they implemented the mechanic on a more ship to ship basis. Like ai, this is your docker to return to your carrier. carrier you are guarding this destroyer. destroyer you are guarding this salavge vessel. salvage vessel this is your station docking port, deploy on route when cargo hold empty return to station when cargo hold full. route consists of nav point list X. dear turret you target roids. dear support drone you throw repair nanites at any damaged vessel in your carriers 2 sector proximity...

Don't get me wrong i appriciate the changes and i know database work is a hassle still i'd hoped it to be more open/flexible.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer