STARMADE V0.19590 - FLEETS AND CARRIERS

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    So many questions :D ill try to anwer as many as possible when I can.

Thanks alot for your concerns :)
    A more crucial question now might be; are you playing through Steam or the (new) beta launcher? There seems to be a trend. ^^'

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    A more crucial question now might be; are you playing through Steam or the (new) beta launcher? There seems to be a trend. ^^'
    Yeah Beta Launcher seems to fuckup from what iv'e read.

Reaction score
    This sounds like someone stole your ships, instead of a bug.
    Yes that is probably True but there was no one else in my SECTOR but there was someone in my SYSTEM. So the only non-bug possibility is that you can make fleets from a long range between you and the fleets. I haven't mede a fleet yet so it wasn't mine. :-D

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    If I send a fleet to defend a sector (and it says fleets chase things up to two sectors away) does that mean I can use this aggressively by sending fleets to defend sectors adjacent to enemy bases and will the ships move in to engage people in the adjacent sectors when loaded?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457248703,1457248492][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If I send a fleet to defend a sector (and it says fleets chase things up to two sectors away) does that mean I can use this aggressively by sending fleets to defend sectors adjacent to enemy bases and will the ships move in to engage people in the adjacent sectors when loaded?
    Also a better term for defend is partrol :P
    If it does defend the sector and all sectors in a 2 radius from it, that is.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was playing through steam with the old launcher

i could test it with the new beta launcher and see if there's a difference.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457257798,1457256663][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm just wondering, could the problem have anything to do with me running the game on linux

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I was playing through steam with the old launcher

i could test it with the new beta launcher and see if there's a difference.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457257798,1457256663][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm just wondering, could the problem have anything to do with me running the game on linux
    Being on Linux should make no difference :)

I'll PM you to discuss this further to avoid us filling the thread with off topic tech support.

For others wanting to discuss this specific topic, please create a thread in the Game Support sub-forum for testers and support staff to see.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    wow the carrier components of the update are incredible! it's great to be able to recall my drones to the hanger bays. only things not mensioned was that the rail system won't work through a blast door, and howy cwap! you didn't say the drones would return to hanger at full speed(350ms!!) colliding with the carrier so hard it went into a spin(was cured by removing blast doors).I also wonder if the new rails would work on my stations hangers also?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Yep they need to return at a slower speed but it might be a good idea to scale speed to distance and have them slowly fly in when close. Carrier setup doesn't work on stations yet but it should sometime later.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    When I was testing the sentry command in the current version. My ships would only engage in battle, or fight back, when the enemy was in weapons range. I tried flipping them from Sentry to Defend Sector and their behavior seemed the same.

After engaging a target, they chased it, and did seem to run from the battle after about 2 sectors of chasing, like they should, but the ships didn't all stop chasing at the same moment though. The ship being shot at lingered for an extra minute, before retreating.

I hope both of these behaviors get improved upon. I thought about making phabricator bugs about them, but wasn't sure if I should, since fleets are still being worked on.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    When I was testing the sentry command in the current version. My ships would only engage in battle, or fight back, when the enemy was in weapons range. I tried flipping them from Sentry to Defend Sector and their behavior seemed the same.

After engaging a target, they chased it, and did seem to run from the battle after about 2 sectors of chasing, like they should, but the ships didn't all stop chasing at the same moment though. The ship being shot at lingered for an extra minute, before retreating.

I hope both of these behaviors get improved upon. I thought about making phabricator bugs about them, but wasn't sure if I should, since fleets are still being worked on.
    Always report things like this.
    If it's not being worked on and is a bug the the phab ticket will let them know.

Or the ticket will be rejected.
    The Dev's can't be expected to read every thread and every reply on the forums.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Always report things like this.
    If it's not being worked on and is a bug the the phab ticket will let them know.

Or the ticket will be rejected.
    The Dev's can't be expected to read every thread and every reply on the forums.
    I guess your right, I'll go make a bug report for the engagement range thing.

Reaction score
    im happy that fleets is in but i do have 1 sugestion. when you give the order to move the fleet all the faster ship just leave the mother ship behinde could you make it so that all ships move at the same speed of the slowest ship ie the mother ship thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Last I heard that was planned, Prime.
    This is just the adding of the base framework, specialized commands are coming in subsequent updates.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    When in doubt, report it (unless of course there's already a ticket for it). Behavioral oddities like this might not always get caught.