Starmade v0.194 - Shipyards

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Creative mode is fantastic and exactly what I've been wanting for ages!

As a bit of feedback, having the block stacks in the creative mode inventory SWAP with the stacks in your hotbar is a bit a pain for somewhat OCD people who like to have everything exactly in the right place/order. It also makes finding particular blocks more difficult after a short time of building, as the stacks are no longer in order or where you expect them to be.

Can I recommend that block stacks in the creative mode inventory replace the ones in your hotbar instead of swapping with them? Additionally, block categories could further help with the quick finding of particular blocks. An alternative solution could be an "auto-sort" function for the creative mode inventory which resets the places of all the block stacks to default.

Reaction score
    Aaaaaah all the freaking out while we wait for this to actually enter our lives! :schema:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Now we'll find out what space station authors are active.

Space Station Refit mode beginning in

GO GO GO GO GO!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right on man!

BTW The shipyard blocks haven't been set up to act as multi-slots yet....

BJammin

Part-Time Eldritch Abomination
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Finally, the time has come that we can build amazing ships without ludicrous amounts of admin /give commands or being within the boundaries of an infinite shop. And shipyards? I believe I speak for the grand majority of the StarMade community when I say...
    Awwwwwww Yeeeeeaaaaaaah!

Today is a good day. :D

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Now we just need a version of this for stations but instead of deploying it we'd get a fully ready to deploy BP of it instead.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Now we just need a version of this for stations but instead of deploying it we'd get a fully ready to deploy BP of it instead.
    I concur. the option to "Construct to Item" should be added so we can mass produce fully loaded blueprints. Would be awesome if player shops had a "Blueprints" section that lists currently available blueprints that that shop has in stock.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    "Oh sh*t" <my reaction when I first saw this update
    Though why arnt blueprints and designs merged into one meta item? I feel like that would be an easy way to simplify the process

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    BDLS said "center the ship in the shipyard", not "center the core of the ship in the middle of the shipyard" :p
    That would still cause issues when multi docking is in. Can't have them all in the center.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    was trying out shipyards and im wondering would it be possible to allow blocks that are touching the core anchor to also be intangible? or at least allow selective visibility of it. Seems really awkward to have beautiful shipyard arches be ruined by a tiny floating block out in the middle of them

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That would still cause issues when multi docking is in. Can't have them all in the center.
    Huh. Surprised it would be that difficult to calculate the dimensions of everything connected to a single entity. RIP

EMC007

The guy who's always in way over his head
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have said this before on an update post and I will gladly say this again.

I Love Starmade.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thank you so much for the awesome update but......
    10 steps forward 1 step back. A bit more work needs to be done to get the shipyard fully usable.
    I just got done trying this out. I really like the hologram effect of working on a virtual ship.

I've been working on rail systems tied to my hot bar, and I've found that I can't activate systems from the hot bar through the shipyard. So I tried going to a test sector to test out my rails. So I get spawned right next to a pirate station with my ship which is missing some of it's docked entities. Didn't matter though, I got killed by the pirate station before I could get to my ship. Which by the way was getting destroyed before my eyes (good thing it was just a virtual ship) :) . Also having to exit the virtual ship core, go to the shipyard computer, and teleport to a test sector, is allot of effort to test hot-bar items.

Possible solutions....
    1) ability to activate ship systems from the hot bar in the shipyard. (for testing rails, power draw, etc...)
    2) ability to enter virtual core from shipyard computer would be nice.
    3) test sector should be totally void, especially void of pirates :)

As it stands now with the inability to test systems from the hot bar, I may have to wait until the next hot-fix before I can realize the full glory of ship yards.

Oh and please don't take this the wrong way. I really do love the update. it just needs a bit more work.

Thanks guys :)

Reactions: Valiant70

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So I tried going to a test sector to test out my rails. So I get spawned right next to a pirate station with my ship which is missing some of it's docked entities.
    Whoa! Not intended, needs a bugfix. Test sectors are supposed to be completely empty; you should probably file a report.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Love the update!
    One question: Can you limit construction to shipyards? Now that we have another option, can we turn off a ship's advanced build mode magic?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dunno if it's me, but when in astronaut mode, there is a slight movement. It's more pronounced if you are viewing a storage chest, as you can see the background move. There is enough movement to where when I got out of viewing the storage, I was stuck into the floor.

Gravity has no effect. Getting into and out of build block or ship has no effect. I will still be moving. It's as if there's something wrong with the astronaut view.

Never mind, switched to another world and it's fine. Guess the other one is bugged a bit. "Shows over, move along."
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440137586,1440137152][/DOUBLEPOST]So I'm not crazy? Thanks Lecic! Nice to know I'm not alone. How's your straight jacket today? Mine is too tight....

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So I'm not crazy? Thanks Lecic! Nice to know I'm not alone. How's your straight jacket today? Mine is too tight....
    I went AFK while opening a storage. When I came back, I was halfway through the floor.

And my straight jacket is just a tad tight today.

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Does the shipyard output a signal when active?
    That would be awesome if it did, can use it to activate rails for a bit of kinetic sculpturing on active shipyards :)