Starmade v0.194 - Shipyards

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can we manually spawn targets on the test sector using admin commands?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Badass update. I wonder if in the future it would be possible to ditch the ship anchor block and just center the ship inside the yard module's dimensions?
    Yes. Either this, or give the anchor block some kind of transparent texture, and also give it the beacon flare effect when it's got nothing docked to it. Having cores magically superimpose on top of what looks like a solid machine is weird.

EDIT: Also, schema , why didn't you include Micdoodle's transparency fixes in the update log? Being able to see beams, the atmosphere, etc. through glass is a pretty big improvement.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I am most definitely itching to give this a serious go... Ugh been waiting for shipyards for forever and a day :) So ready!

But alas, I will probably have to wait a day or so for servers and such to catch up, which is worth it I suppose :)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I am most definitely itching to give this a serious go... Ugh been waiting for shipyards for forever and a day :) So ready!

But alas, I will probably have to wait a day or so for servers and such to catch up, which is worth it I suppose :)
    Agreed, Shadar Logoth... er, I mean, Aridhol. It's kind of funny, you wait forever for a release, and then log on to realize your favorite server hasn't updated yet... Kind of anticlimactic, innit? :P

Reactions: Aridhol
    Reaction score
    Agreed, Shadar Logoth... er, I mean, Aridhol. It's kind of funny, you wait forever for a release, and then log on to realize your favorite server hasn't updated yet... Kind of anticlimactic, innit? :p
    Yep!

But, this is an update I have been itching to get at for a long time now, so I ain't even mad :P

Just anxious! Go server admins, go!

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Badass update. I wonder if in the future it would be possible to ditch the ship anchor block and just center the ship inside the yard module's dimensions?
    This helps players that do not have a core directly in the center of the ship. We want players to able to position it to their needs instead of directing them to place cores in certain locations. This would be resolved when multi-docking is allowed on shipyards.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Skylord, let's have you build an ascetically pleasing shipyard that can enclose your biggest titan ship. Also question: Can you place a small shipyard on a large ship to be a fighter producer? Or is that only for home bases so you have to come back and
    1) establish a base and
    2) actually take care of it/resupply/ai CAP's

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Lol, the wedge glitch is exactly what would happen when an update this big and important comes out. Let's get that hotfix out, Schema, oh lord of all that is blocky and in space.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    hmm something new to tack onto my home base. XD Would also be nice to add an arc tool as well to make sure we can make arcs consistently. Both semi-circle and the curve with strait lines on it. This would speed up making the arcs for the shipyards. :)

Reaction score
    Very good update again for current open gamemode, but this game is starting to be really complex for new players and you have to play many hours before fighting on servers, etc

I mean it should have a pvp gamemode where you can login, play for 10 mins and leave,
    choose your ship (in a mass range) and fight, (without mining, driving for 10 mins etc...)
    a bit like robotcraft did,
    you can even imagine, rp fight servers, where both teams start with a capital ship and have to defend it with fighters and corvettes

that would be really nice, not everyone like mining and building complex stations :P

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    EDIT: Also, schema , why didn't you include Micdoodle's transparency fixes in the update log? Being able to see beams, the atmosphere, etc. through glass is a pretty big improvement.
    Whaaaat? That got fixed? Nice.

Also question: Can you place a small shipyard on a large ship to be a fighter producer?
    No. That will probably end up being a capital ship system, though.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This helps players that do not have a core directly in the center of the ship. We want players to able to position it to their needs instead of directing them to place cores in certain locations. This would be resolved when multi-docking is allowed on shipyards.
    BDLS said "center the ship in the shipyard", not "center the core of the ship in the middle of the shipyard" :P

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Whaaaat? That got fixed? Nice.
    ...Almost. Non-bloom (textured flare) suns still don't come up, but you can see beams clear as day, and glass also doesn't magically make space visible through planet atmospheres any more.

[In response to a question about the ability to put a shipyard on a ship]
    No. That will probably end up being a capital ship system, though.
    Yeah, I've heard mention of this from the devs. When the thrust revamp/capital ship systems are implemented, this should be added... I dunno though.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Now we just need more complicated things like this for ships. :) Warp Gates for some kind of circle, shipyards force some kind of arc, so why not put things on ships that force a pattern? :) Like a ship spawner or something? :P