StarMade v0.19226 Rail System and more

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think there might be a "slight" bug, I am unable to open doors and forcefields while flying a core.

Reaction score
    I think there might be a "slight" bug, I am unable to open doors and forcefields while flying a core.
    Yeah, I'm getting this too. You can use the Wifi/hotbar logic blocks to get around it though, so long as you set up the doors as well.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    The docking beam of your ship core has lost its old functionality temporary, everything on it (besides the ability to dock, which is a server setting) should be back soon in the next hotfix or 2.

Edit: last time I checked, its function will be separated on 2 mouse buttons now, left click would put signals to true/close doors and right would set signals to false/open doors (or vice versa).

Reaction score
    err ok guys I am having issues!

so none of my ships can dock (thats ok the old docks are old) but I decided to build a new ship....a core and a rail docker and well, I can't dock. I get a message

"Cannot use old docking and new docking systems together" but I am not I am using a core, a rail docker and a rail

also, my previously deadly ship, can't even harm a pirate ship, it uses beam weapons, and they seem to need to sit on a target doing dmg to a block, over time

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    err ok guys I am having issues!

so none of my ships can dock (thats ok the old docks are old) but I decided to build a new ship....a core and a rail docker and well, I can't dock. I get a message

"Cannot use old docking and new docking systems together" but I am not I am using a core, a rail docker and a rail

also, my previously deadly ship, can't even harm a pirate ship, it uses beam weapons, and they seem to need to sit on a target doing dmg to a block, over time
    ut the rail docker in the hotbar and fire it like a weapon, should sort the issue out

Reaction score
    nope, but I sort of worked it out I think, the station cannot have any old docking moduals in place. So for me to dock my ship I need to remove all the docking moduals from the 6 hangers and the 15 turrets.....

but the weapons, grrr

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    nope, but I sort of worked it out I think, the station cannot have any old docking moduals in place. So for me to dock my ship I need to remove all the docking moduals from the 6 hangers and the 15 turrets.....

but the weapons, grrr
    You can still have the old docks on it, but they cannot be used. Don't complain though, I know a few guys that would have to remove 100+ docks :D

Reaction score
    hmm I wonder why the error exists, but who cares I got one of my issues sorted lol love the possibilities

Reaction score
    Dear god.. I was already hyped for rails but.. but.. wireles logic?!?!?! gfjhgjfhgdfjgkldfhjgdjhgdj Why must you take over my life again Starmade D:

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Goddamn this update is just so good but... So close to exams and stuff? WHY?!?!

...Seriously though, rails are the best thing since sliced bread. :P

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    great news but.
    not craftable? and whatever i do i get the message that old and new system are not compatible but i am just using the new system so i guess there will be a fix incoming soon(tm)

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    great news but.
    not craftable? and whatever i do i get the message that old and new system are not compatible but i am just using the new system so i guess there will be a fix incoming soon(tm)
    Does the thing you want to rail dock to have old docks in use? The whole entity can't have both systems.

(and recipes will be added very soon, next hotfix)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Does the thing you want to rail dock to have old docks in use? The whole entity can't have both systems.

(and recipes will be added very soon, next hotfix)
    thank you i shall check for that :)

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Guys, i managed to DOUBLE bobby AI my turrets! I can get both the barrel and base firing at the same time!

But it looks pretty glitchy since the AI appears somewhat confused as how to attack but it works. wonder if this is a bug or a feature?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Guys, i managed to DOUBLE bobby AI my turrets! I can get both the barrel and base firing at the same time!

But it looks pretty glitchy since the AI appears somewhat confused as how to attack but it works. wonder if this is a bug or a feature?
    I have managed to make 4 working independent barrels (4 bobby AI) on the same turret base. They work well enough until they decide to target multiple ships, then it goes wrong ^^

The AI works but it's not exactly flawless, I assume we'll see some fixes about that soon since we already have another issue that causes turret + AI problems.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store

Infinetly extendable turret chains are also awesome(although the AI is completely derpy about them)

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Will it soon be possible to link wirelessly the weapon computers & effects with the weapon blocks without having to put them on the "barrel" part of the turret?

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I have managed to make 4 working independent barrels (4 bobby AI) on the same turret base. They work well enough until they decide to target multiple ships, then it goes wrong ^^

The AI works but it's not exactly flawless, I assume we'll see some fixes about that soon since we already have another issue that causes turret + AI problems.
    seems a little OP but as long as schema has no plans on nerfing it, its time to Bobby AI everything!

Also I may have found another glitch. Turret axis docks can't be changed into any other rail dock and vise versa. was this a balance change since you could do this in the dev builds?

Reactions: Gamel