StarMade v0.19226 Rail System and more

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I am totally amazed with rail system. Good work guys!

Also new logic elements are great. The new button and flip flop save a lot of space. But, i would ask u again to implement XOR gate. I know its simple, and i know to make them, but its time consuming and space consuming. It is quite and important logic gate and u know it.

Keep up the good work!

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    seems a little OP but as long as schema has no plans on nerfing it, its time to Bobby AI everything!

Also I may have found another glitch. Turret axis docks can't be changed into any other rail dock and vise versa. was this a balance change since you could do this in the dev builds?
    I always assumed that was intended, I can't remember ever having the ability to do that in the dev build though.

Reaction score
    Rails are nice, but I get some kind of issue while creating a new universe after this patch : the basic shop you start next to got all its windows' textures replaced with salvage computers ones, grey blocks by black ones, black by red, so every texture seems mismatched ... I'm using the built-in realistic texture pack.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Rails are nice, but I get some kind of issue while creating a new universe after this patch : the basic shop you start next to got all its windows' textures replaced with salvage computers ones, grey blocks by black ones, black by red, so every texture seems mismatched ... I'm using the built-in realistic texture pack.
    Realistic texture pack has been depreciated, it is no longer updated and you will have to re-build the texture sheets and update it yourself if you wish to continue using it. The texture sheets themselves have been rearranged and that is why the textures seem wrong. Please use default or pixel as they are the only textures being supported. Realistic doesn't get distributed with new installs of the game but those who already had the files still have access to them.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    New hot fix finally fixes planet atmosphere range but whether or not the atmosphere shader is turned on ON or OFF I get this:

Its just all white on planet surfaces!

Reaction score
    And from todays hotfix:
    #RM1692 Fix escape key not closing all windows, and sometimes closing parent window.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. This seems like such a small trivial thing but man does it save me a lot of aggravation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    #RM1127 Fix float rounding causing imprecise build helper values.
    So does this mean that circles and such will now be precise and perfect? Thank god if so. I've been waiting for that for a while.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So does this mean that circles and such will now be precise and perfect? Thank god if so. I've been waiting for that for a while.
    A sphere with radius 3 (my test object) still looks like a potato.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Just tested myself, and radius 3 is too thick. I also checked out radius 50 and it is slightly asymmetrical. The calculation based on radius needs to go in favor of diameter in my opinion. Radius is ignoring the central block as part of the radius itself to top it off.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Also, factories don't have the ew blocks on their dropdown list...

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Check the date and note, only the inaccuracy caused by sliders got fixed at that time. The algorithm itself for circles was fixed in a version not yet released to public. The one for torus/sphere is not changed yet as far as I know.

Reaction score
    New rails is interesting, I am trying to make a 2-axis turret as in your video, but I am having problems,

1) Cannot place ships core, have to place from Blueprint,
    Make a new ship, delete everything, place a rail docker & Rail Turret Axis

2) After making the 2-axis blueprint, I mount that unit to my base Turret Axis, and mount my turret to the top, and I can only move the turret on the connected axis, not on the base axis.

If I am in the core of the turret, I can move up and down, no left & right
    If I am in the 3-block section, I can only move left and right, which is correct, but the turret doesn't affect the other axis.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hello, i have a question, could posibly wireless logic be able to turn on boobby ai remotely?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    having a few issues getting the whole of the turret acting normally when there's entities in between the turret entities. I can't make my slide-out turret have functioning AI aiming because the vertical movement is on a slider which is then attached to the horizontal movement.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    having a few issues getting the whole of the turret acting normally when there's entities in between the turret entities. I can't make my slide-out turret have functioning AI aiming because the vertical movement is on a slider which is then attached to the horizontal movement.
    Well, it's not designed to work that way as far as I know...

Reaction score
    Not sure if this is a bug, but there are times when docked entities on rails will no longer move. Like after a server restart, a sliding door covering a turret will no longer move on its rail when you press a button. Only fix is to undock and redock it on the rail. Really annoying to have to do that every single time. That, or they appear to not move to the player until client/server restart. Also at times it looks like wireless logic blocks seem to just forget what they are connected to, and will no longer properly send a signal between the two structures.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Well, it's not designed to work that way as far as I know...
    that makes it very annoying to me. that my newly-built turret cannot be used in the current system.

could there possibly be the addition of master/slave turret AI? so that the master AI can make the slave turret AI match where it's pointing.

Last edited:

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    that makes it very annoying to me. that my newly-built turret cannot be used in the current system.

could there possibly be the addition of master/slave turret AI? so that the master AI can make the slave turret AI match where it's pointing.
    You should suggest that. This is actually a performance boost for small clustered turret arrays.

Reaction score
    New rails is interesting, I am trying to make a 2-axis turret as in your video, but I am having problems,

1) Cannot place ships core, have to place from Blueprint,
    Make a new ship, delete everything, place a rail docker & Rail Turret Axis

2) After making the 2-axis blueprint, I mount that unit to my base Turret Axis, and mount my turret to the top, and I can only move the turret on the connected axis, not on the base axis.

If I am in the core of the turret, I can move up and down, no left & right
    If I am in the 3-block section, I can only move left and right, which is correct, but the turret doesn't affect the other axis.

Ok, found the problem, the "core" was 90-degrees out of line with the 1st axis mount, didn't think this would be an issue, but it stops the 2nd axis from moving, there must be something in the code that is blocking the axis moving in such a way ?