StarMade v0.19226 Rail System and more

Asvarduil

Builder of Very Small Ships
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    I need to work on some docking clamps...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Has anybody had a problem with the new rail docker detaching from a rail rotator (CW or CCW) when you connect a button to the rotator. In other words, I connect a button to the rail rotator and instead of rotating the attached entity when I press the button it just undocks and doesn't rotate.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Has anybody had a problem with the new rail docker detaching from a rail rotator (CW or CCW) when you connect a button to the rotator. In other words, I connect a button to the rail rotator and instead of rotating the attached entity when I press the button it just undocks and doesn't rotate.
    is that activator block connected to another cw or ccw block (they need to be next to eachother) that will determine which way it rotates.. if not,it will just undock the entity

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It'll come still in time, but no sense holding off on rails update until then.
    I hope it's quite flexible, some creations would be nearly impossible without the ability to jump to the dock. The objects fit collision wise but there is no possible way to fly some entities in position to get to the rail basic.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I hope it's quite flexible, some creations would be nearly impossible without the ability to jump to the dock. The objects fit collision wise but there is no possible way to fly some entities in position to get to the rail basic.
    I think thats the idea, actually having to have space to dock :)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think thats the idea, actually having to have space to dock :)
    Currently when you hit the rail basic with the docking beam the game does a check to see if that object can actually fit, if it does, it docks, if not it throws out an error message. When magnetic docking is a thing and you have to get two entities close to each other this will be more difficult. Imagine trying to dock a hanger door, or just try flying a core through a single block hole, it fits but the game doesn't let you do it. There may be no way to maneuver parts into position to get them to dock resulting in forcing you to dismantle something in order to dock said part and then re-build it.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Currently when you hit the rail basic with the docking beam the game does a check to see if that object can actually fit, if it does, it docks, if not it throws out an error message. When magnetic docking is a thing and you have to get two entities close to each other this will be more difficult. Imagine trying to dock a hanger door, or just try flying a core through a single block hole, it fits but the game doesn't let you do it. There may be no way to maneuver parts into position to get them to dock resulting in forcing you to dismantle something in order to dock said part and then re-build it.
    For rails I can see the point, but the main docking system should be exclusively magnet based.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Oh boy, just when I'm completely emerged in the first official release of Kerbal Space Program you guys come with this, - waving arms dramatically to the skies - were does one find the time, not enough hours in a day, when does one sleep... :eek:

Just kidding of course, this sounds like a great update, the mind boggles with all the possibilities, can't wait to try it all out. :cool:

Greets,

Jan

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Awesome that this is in a release now! :) Time to make things... Big things...
    I'm making Unicron from Transformers G1! You will all die now!

Reactions: aceface

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    You will have both options, whether to dock on contact or to dock via a docking beam from the rail docker. It makes sense to keep both.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I almost hate to have to say this but... after this update trigger area blocks are invisible even in build mode.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The texture for gravity modules isn't oriented right either (at least on 128 pixel resolution). Also the HP for scaffolds got messed up again.

Reaction score
    Sure there are a few bugs, but they can be reported in their respective locations.

Lets just all take a minute to balk in amazement at the wonderful, incomprehensible work of Schine and our Cat overlord.

ALL HAIL SCHINE & SCHEMA! FOR BEHOLD, ANOTHER WORK OF MARVELOUS SOFTWARE ENGINEERING HAS COME TO PASS.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    On further inspection, it would seem scaffolds are back to normal now. Either they hot-fixed it while I wasn't looking, or I'm an idiot (I wouldn't rule out both).