Starmade Logic Tutorials

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Can you make a tutorial lights that turn on when you fire a weapon?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Currently, weapons, lights, and doors can't output to logic circuits.

Reaction score
    Has anybody established a way for logic to turn on when a sector loads yet? I have 20 modular generators for my ship that i would otherwise have to go around and activate myself, and it is somewhat tedious.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Has anybody established a way for logic to turn on when a sector loads yet? I have 20 modular generators for my ship that i would otherwise have to go around and activate myself, and it is somewhat tedious.
    so they're on docked ships or the same ship?

Reaction score
    so they're on docked ships or the same ship?
    I have a large ship with an open interior. In the "engineering spaces" for my ship, i have docked 20 independent power generators, each with a power supply beam attached to them. They produce energy then supply it to the main ship by hitting some "contact plates" with their beams. It works very well for multiplying the e/sec on the main ship, that could normally only be overcome by putting in millions of power generation blocks on the ship. (Utilizing the fact that power generation efficiency levels out after about 1 mil e/sec) With the generators acting to supplement the ship's own power generation, i get about 23 million e/sec. This proves very useful in battle situations (especially when limited to the server max size of 1.5 million blocks per ship)

So instead of having to cycle to each of these generators through using arrow keys from the main ship, I was wondering if there was a better way for them to start their logic clocks automatically. Having 50 other docked turrets on the ship doesn't help either when trying to cycle through :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    Try connecting their activation block to a not gate. However, I have noticed that as soon as a game loads, you have to manually change the state of the activator to start the logic function. So just link all of your activators to one main activator, then turn that one on. Perhaps you shouldn't exploit this in the first place.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I have a large ship with an open interior. In the "engineering spaces" for my ship, i have docked 20 independent power generators, each with a power supply beam attached to them. They produce energy then supply it to the main ship by hitting some "contact plates" with their beams. It works very well for multiplying the e/sec on the main ship, that could normally only be overcome by putting in millions of power generation blocks on the ship. (Utilizing the fact that power generation efficiency levels out after about 1 mil e/sec) With the generators acting to supplement the ship's own power generation, i get about 23 million e/sec. This proves very useful in battle situations (especially when limited to the server max size of 1.5 million blocks per ship)

So instead of having to cycle to each of these generators through using arrow keys from the main ship, I was wondering if there was a better way for them to start their logic clocks automatically. Having 50 other docked turrets on the ship doesn't help either when trying to cycle through :/
    I've been chatting to Schema about the idea of an activation beam, one that can trigger activation modules on docked ships in addition to just your ship core which should be able to do so with docking beam. basically works the same as any damage beam, line up the activation beam to hit where you need to activate from and then trigger it either in hotbar or in logic circuit.

Try connecting their activation block to a not gate. However, I have noticed that as soon as a game loads, you have to manually change the state of the activator to start the logic function. So just link all of your activators to one main activator, then turn that one on. Perhaps you shouldn't exploit this in the first place.
    you can't link logic between ships

Reaction score
    you can't link logic between ships
    This leads me to the question: Is it possible to 'emulate' logic transferring between ships?

Edit: Just re-read your post, I think you're already onto what I was thinking..

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Thank you then. I'll probably just turn the generators into torroids so I can walk through the center where some sort of trigger is to start them. It'll still be faster than cycling through to find them. And I would hardly call this an exploit.
    Challenges like these foster creative thinking in sandbox games. And I think the concept of internal generators for a ship actually increases the level of realism for things such as combat. A well placed shot could very easily destroy a generator, and then I could use a variation of the logic damage indication system to show which reactor was hit, etc.

All in all, I think logic has a bit to go in terms of the possibilities available for players, but the level at which it is at right now has allowed for a drastic change in pvp strategy and tactics, as well as allowed for endless aesthetically pleasing functions.

If you do find something though, please let me know.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Doing a toriod is probably overkill. You could just put step-on triggers on the top and walk over them.

Reaction score
    Doing a toriod is probably overkill. You could just put step-on triggers on the top and walk over them.
    That would work, though im trying to make them look like fusion coils. And with that, i can use a gravity module to make me fall "through" the center when they are all lined up. And with more logic, i can alter the gravity again when i get through them all to put me back right where i started next to the core. Falling is definitely faster than walking

Reactions: Gr4v1ty09

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    That would work, though im trying to make them look like fusion coils. And with that, i can use a gravity module to make me fall "through" the center when they are all lined up. And with more logic, i can alter the gravity again when i get through them all to put me back right where i started next to the core. Falling is definitely faster than walking
    that does sound like that'd work the best. You may need two though mattering your layout as the docks wont overlap so they'd need to be in the line parallel to your falling

Reaction score
    Alright, next project is to make an automated delivery drone using a binary counter and pulse engines. I believe I have everything worked out, but I am running into a wall when working with multiple directions. Is it possible to link logic between ships and docked entities? And if not, what is an alternative so that I can make this drone omni-directional?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    no linking between ships and docked entities at the moment. Unsure how you'd achieve omni-directional and drive it remotely. Have you tried changing the orientation of the controller to see if that affects the direction?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I just know that if I have a delay<->not loop, and connect both to an and, the and will be active for a short duration.
    That completely broke the usage of activation->or<->activation as a memory cell, because I used some circuit before it to detect when signal sources are equal.

I tried to get a circuit which let burn a warning light constantly once you chain of activation->...->activation breaks.
    It was a hard bug to find, as it is not visible by watching colors change (just 1 millisecond delay and not are equal).

If you want to use the output, You have to put a not on one of these blocks which is not used in the clock-loop.