Starmade Logic Tutorials

Reaction score
    Is there a way to keep a loop going automatically without a trigger? I can start a loop of blinking lights through an activator, but as soon as I log off and the sector depopulates, it stops. Any ideas? Hoping to keep navigation lights and the like going for whoever comes by the point.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nice videos.

Is turning on beams with the logic system broken in v.152?

Side note: it would be swell if we could use control + v to bind arrays (like plexdoors) to activation modules instead of doing each block individually.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Is there a way to keep a loop going automatically without a trigger? I can start a loop of blinking lights through an activator, but as soon as I log off and the sector depopulates, it stops. Any ideas? Hoping to keep navigation lights and the like going for whoever comes by the point.
    I think you'll need a trigger. It's just part of the optimization to ensure the server doesn't get bogged down with logic running everywhere.

We'll play around with ways to have loops kick in when the sector is reloaded and see if we can get something that works.

Nice videos.

Is turning on beams with the logic system broken in v.152?

Side note: it would be swell if we could use control + v to bind arrays (like plexdoors) to activation modules instead of doing each block individually.
    I'd need to test it out. And great idea.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Say, I were making a yacht. And of course, yachts have karaoke rooms. How would I made a 7x7 tile of randomized blinking lights? Because every karaoke room has a dance floor. And we all go crazy when Orphaniel starts singing.

Also, it would be amazebutts to have several sniper arrays with a 0.5 interval each. Could that also be achieved with logic?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Agame3
    Reaction score
    Say, I were making a yacht. And of course, yachts have karaoke rooms. How would I made a 7x7 tile of randomized blinking lights? Because every karaoke room has a dance floor. And we all go crazy when Orphaniel starts singing.

Also, it would be amazebutts to have several sniper arrays with a 0.5 interval each. Could that also be achieved with logic?
    Ohh, want this on my ship, replying so I can 'watch' this comment.

Maybe have a area activator or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    2x2 grids of red, yellow, blue and green lights, run through a long and convoluted set of OR and AND gates to have a decently long blinking cycle. Random..ish could be achieved by overlapping a bunch of circuits on different time intervals... but that sounds like hard.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    For those who want it, here is the circuit to make a sliding door that retracts and extends properly. Just tie each or gate to a step in the door animation. can be extended, just repeat the bit in the red box

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    2x2 grids of red, yellow, blue and green lights, run through a long and convoluted set of OR and AND gates to have a decently long blinking cycle. Random..ish could be achieved by overlapping a bunch of circuits on different time intervals... but that sounds like hard.
    Nothing is hard when you have room on your ship, and time to build it all.

Reaction score
    Hello bench, I am trying to make a 7 Segment Display, I have managed to have 7 segment driver to show the numbers 0-9 by setting up 10 activation modules. Once I press number 1 , 1 shows up, and before pressing 2 , I have to press 1 again to turn it off and then turn 2 on.

However, I am trying to make a 7 Segment Display with only 1 button click per button, is there a way to make it? If only there was a block that sent message to the next block if and only if it is true.

For example,

I need this circuit to be done in order to fix the problem above;

Input -> False Output -> None
    What I mean by None is not even False, I dont want the next block connected to take the shape of what this block is, I want to turn the next block true only if the input is true, but if the input is false, and next block is true, i should keep it true.
    Input -> True Output -> True

I need this block to be existing, or I need a combination to build such a thing.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    if you want a ticker like that you need to build something like a shift register. I was building one during the dev stage and used it to bug test a lot of advanced circuits.

Basically it's a series of latches connected sequentially with each other + a clock if you want it to run automatically, or just using a button push like what you're talking about. I'll try and draw it up this weekend

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The salvage beam one will be pretty useful since they converge now (but not when activated by logic).

Reaction score
    if you want a ticker like that you need to build something like a shift register. I was building one during the dev stage and used it to bug test a lot of advanced circuits.

Basically it's a series of latches connected sequentially with each other + a clock if you want it to run automatically, or just using a button push like what you're talking about. I'll try and draw it up this weekend

Would be very good to see that, thank you very much, what is the name of the circuit im heading to build? Maybe if i do some logic gate researchs i may do it, also how would activating beams with logic be useful when there is your actual ship?

Also does logic gates consume power, and does logic - gate activated beams consume power?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    is there a way to create a toggle able clock where the output is in the off state? I'm experimenting on creating a type of cruse control using the push effect but i keep running into problems with turning it off.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    NOT gates could work for that Crimson. Unless I am not understanding what you mean

Reaction score
    Thanks for the tutorials, this will help me a lot with working the doors. Are the JK Flops the only way to create an airlock? I'm not familiar with logic gates, so I don't fully understand why you have all the different parts that you do.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    is there a way to create a toggle able clock where the output is in the off state? I'm experimenting on creating a type of cruse control using the push effect but i keep running into problems with turning it off.
    Yeah it should be doable and sounds pretty simple circuit wise if you just have those two states.

Thanks for the tutorials, this will help me a lot with working the doors. Are the JK Flops the only way to create an airlock? I'm not familiar with logic gates, so I don't fully understand why you have all the different parts that you do.
    There's probably a bunch of ways to do airlocks, from area detection to buttons per side, there's pros and cons to each.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    just link a not gate to the output of the clock, irs states will always be opposite to that of the clock, so an off clock would output an off signal.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    still running into problems. here is a pic of the circuit

the problem im running into is that the array will not turn off the push computer. ive actually connected this circuit to a AMC comp to test it out and it worked but when i connect it the push comp it just causes the ship to keep going. the only way to stop it is then to disconnect the push comp.

im starting to think that it might be a bug with effects

Fellow Starmadian

Oh cool so thats what this is
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can someone explain why the logic system doesn't seem to be working properly? In the pulsing switch tutorial, shouldn't the OR gate be activated immediately by the first activation block? In the Video it seems that the OR gate does not turn into a HIGH state until the .5 second delay is completed. Am I missing something, or is it a problem with the new system? Also, when a logic block turns orange that means it is sending a HIGH state, right?