Starmade Logic Tutorials

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Can someone explain why the logic system doesn't seem to be working properly? In the pulsing switch tutorial, shouldn't the OR gate be activated immediately by the first activation block? In the Video it seems that the OR gate does not turn into a HIGH state until the .5 second delay is completed. Am I missing something, or is it a problem with the new system? Also, when a logic block turns orange that means it is sending a HIGH state, right?
    when the block is orange it means its currently in the off state. blue is when its on but personally there doesn't seem to be a big difference at least from what i've seen.

the logic system in general is rather derby atm. this can be rather annoying since on more than one occasion i have the circuitry correct but the game just chooses not to update fast enough/properly making it looks like its not working at all.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Can someone explain why the logic system doesn't seem to be working properly? In the pulsing switch tutorial, shouldn't the OR gate be activated immediately by the first activation block? In the Video it seems that the OR gate does not turn into a HIGH state until the .5 second delay is completed. Am I missing something, or is it a problem with the new system? Also, when a logic block turns orange that means it is sending a HIGH state, right?
    Blue is high state. The tutorials were completed before it was made clear blue was high and orange low, so things are a little wonky. But you can still get the right results if you're just aware what Inputs and outputs you're working with.

I will be updating the tutorials however to address the new main release as those tutorials were also made with dev build and a few things have changed.

Reaction score
    Greetings Bench, great tutorials, for the last few hrs ive been experimenting with trying to make an analog clock ingame using the logic gates, i dont suppose you know any way to do it? im after a automated clock that displays hours and minutes (will sync it with server time)

Thanks!

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Greetings Bench, great tutorials, for the last few hrs ive been experimenting with trying to make an analog clock ingame using the logic gates, i dont suppose you know any way to do it? im after a automated clock that displays hours and minutes (will sync it with server time)

Thanks!
    analog display or digital display?

Reaction score
    There are some way to comunicate the logic system of a ship whe the logic system of another? I'm specially interested in to comunicate a ship with the ship's that are docked to the first ships. Thanks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    BENCH the logic system seems to have a visual cutoff for stuff happening in the distance. I have an alarm system rigged throughout my 2km long ship and on the main hallway and in some long areas I can see the lights are not blinking past like 100 blocks, is it possible to increase this distance?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    There are some way to comunicate the logic system of a ship whe the logic system of another? I'm specially interested in to comunicate a ship with the ship's that are docked to the first ships. Thanks.
    i can ask and see if it can be added, what exactly are you wanting to do?

BENCH the logic system seems to have a visual cutoff for stuff happening in the distance. I have an alarm system rigged throughout my 2km long ship and on the main hallway and in some long areas I can see the lights are not blinking past like 100 blocks, is it possible to increase this distance?
    i'll mention it thanks

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    still running into problems. here is a pic of the circuit

the problem im running into is that the array will not turn off the push computer. ive actually connected this circuit to a AMC comp to test it out and it worked but when i connect it the push comp it just causes the ship to keep going. the only way to stop it is then to disconnect the push comp.

im starting to think that it might be a bug with effects
    I am having the same problem with not being able to turn off a repeating circuit/clock. It would be great to know how to do this for the base defense system I am working on.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I am having the same problem with not being able to turn off a repeating circuit/clock. It would be great to know how to do this for the base defense system I am working on.
    i tried out the circuit recently and for some reason it started working. It really must have been a bug. now ive refined the circuit so its smaller and faster.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    i tried out the circuit recently and for some reason it started working. It really must have been a bug. now ive refined the circuit so its smaller and faster.
    Nice. Would you be able to post a picture of it so that I may use it?

Reaction score
    i can ask and see if it can be added, what exactly are you wanting to do?

i'll mention it thanks
    I have in a big ship like a control bridge where i can control all the little ship docked, i have added a button to open the doors of every shipyard and another to undock every ship, now I where doing a button to test the weapons of the docked ships from the bridge, the logic system in every part is done, i only need some way that the bridge sends a signal to the ships and start their sequence.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    it sounds like a bug, speaking with schema it might be something to do with the graphics rendering across sectors. we'll see if it gets resolved.

I have in a big ship like a control bridge where i can control all the little ship docked, i have added a button to open the doors of every shipyard and another to undock every ship, now I where doing a button to test the weapons of the docked ships from the bridge, the logic system in every part is done, i only need some way that the bridge sends a signal to the ships and start their sequence.
    we'll see what's achievable.

Analog i think, its to fit on a 7 mark 'led' display ingame (attached image show what i mean)
    ok i've been working on countdown systems for timers etc that output to 7-segment displays, you'd just reverse the numbering and it will count up so doable

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It's not a cross-sector thing, my sectors are 10k in size it just stops accounting for logic at that point I think. I can test some more if needed

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    It's not a cross-sector thing, my sectors are 10k in size it just stops accounting for logic at that point I think. I can test some more if needed
    yeah any more information would be great to bug fix this.

Reaction score
    I saw the door that looks like it is actually opening but the closing animation just looks wrong when it starts at the side it opens from, so i managed to make one that has 2 activators: one to open the door from the bottom up and the other to close it from the top down. It looks good, but being able to do that with one activator still evades me. If someone wants to try and make it he can find me on either Trace or Star Drift.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    new tutorial in OP regarding practical logic circuits.

Create a hanger that opens and closes the hanger door when you dock and undock. No previous logic knowledge required.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    new tutorial in OP regarding practical logic circuits.

Create a hanger that opens and closes the hanger door when you dock and undock. No previous logic knowledge required.
    Now that's really neat!