Starmade Logic Tutorials

Reaction score
    Why won't this JK flip flop work? I build it exactly like the one in the video, but the 4 activators at the output never turn on.

screenshot.jpg

Edit:
    I built a better one with only 7 blocks and no clock. It toggles on a rising edge pulse.
    SM_JK_Flip_Flop.jpg

Last edited:

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yeah @rocketman221 that JK flip flop was the old inverse design (treated orange as on, blue as off) i need to redo the design, that new one you posted looks quite neat

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    http://imgur.com/a/4cR1s#0

8 blocks. You have 2 inputs for setting to 0 (bottom) and 1 (top), 1 input for (write->not->read; in the floor) and a 4th input for "mem cell active"
    These inputs lead to 4 ANDs (2 right: write, 2 left: read, 2 top: set/get 1, 2 bot: set/get 0), 2 ORs and 2 NOTs in {or -> not2 -> or2 -> not -> or}

Your circuit may look nice, but you need something to access 1 out of many memory cells and switch between read and write mode.

If you use toggle 0->1 and 1->0, you need to check if it is equal to your input first, for the case you want to write not read.
    I guess you can't realize this with less blocks that I had. Maybe with less wire-spam? Then I'd like to see your solution.

Reaction score
    Pulse Switch/Rising Edge Detector (in the black box). Resets used activation switch. Delay outside of black box is output.

Reaction score
    any chance we will ever be able to undock ships with logic blocks?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    we'll see what gets developed. potentially

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    i think you already can,Tomino tried that on his stream a while back,it worked..he connected activation block to docking module(not the enhancers ofcourse)

Reaction score
    Pulse Switch/Rising Edge Detector (in the black box). Resets used activation switch. Delay outside of black box is output.

updated the image, sorry for the additional post. It wouldn't let me edit and correct my previous one.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    De-activate a button with it's output linked to a dock -> un-dock.

If you dock, a nearby button gets active and inactive once un-docked.
    If you want to fire a push-cannon at a "dis-core-dis" Dis-integrator bomb, activate it when a nearby button gets inactive, not by the same button that un-docks!

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    We have a new content section for Logic now, so get posting your circuits. Here's what I've recently released for it. Video coming out for it on Monday.

4-Digit Programmable Combination Lock

This is a 4-digit programmable combination lock using logic in Starmade. You can copy and paste it onto a ship or station and using activation modules you can input a combination that then will send an unlock signal if the correct combination is entered. It can be cleared and a new combination programmed in, and using public permission modules you can enable non-faction players a bit more secure control over things. I'll be using this circuit to enable players to lock down a hangar while they park there, and when they leave trigger a circuit reset to open it up for a new player to temporarily reside there.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    DOUBLE post :p
    Do you want a DOUBLE-like? :D

Did you made a 2bit=4state flip-flop for each of the 4 parts? that is a pretty nice idea!

A full-digit pad for 0..9 would require 4bit=16state flip-flops and 6 more buttons, I will try :)

Made something similar (but without such a high-quality documentation):

3 states/modes (button1 & state-changeable) -> or <-> button2 -> orBC, button1 | button2BC -> orA -> not -> button2
    • Change-Password
    • Armed
    Then I used flip-flops which are only editable in Change-Password mode and else just compare if input=flip-flop
    state-changeable == (password == flip-flop states)

Thus you had to set the correct password bits and change state then change password bits manually to lock it.​

Last edited:

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    with smaller circuits or smaller display? Circuits are in 9x7x10 box. You wouldn't get smaller for the amount of functionality built in.

Reactions: Krazykat

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    with smaller circuits or smaller display? Circuits are in 9x7x10 box. You wouldn't get smaller for the amount of functionality built in.
    Agree, should have said shaped different or without hulls so I can connect them better together :)

Would be fun with different modules( 0..6, 0..9, 0..59, 0..99, 0..24, 0..28,30,31, 0..356 ) which link together as required to form everything possible.
    (probably requires a fix of connection-loss during copy+paste)

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    They're pretty versatile in the format they're in. You don't really need different number modules anything you'd want to do with numbers you can achieve with just this one module. And they're designed to link together already, i dont think you'd have trouble connecting them together.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    They're pretty versatile in the format they're in. ... And they're designed to link together already, i dont think you'd have trouble connecting them together.
    True

You don't really need different number modules anything you'd want to do with numbers you can achieve with just this one module
    False :p

Without copy+paste, you can't make something like:
    "Start Date" = [start date]
    ""End Date" = [end date]
    "Time Left" = [time left]
    Need to add subtract logic anyway...

Or if I want a shop sign like:
    Code:
    ###########################################
    # BBBB     A    SSS SSS SSS SSS   CC  RRR #
    # BBBB AAAAAAA  SSS SSS SSS SSS  C    RR  #
    # BBBB     A    SSS SSS SSS SSS   CC  R R #
    ###########################################
    B = Block of the day
    A = Arrow
    S = Diplay-Sign
    CR = short for credits as big hull-letters.

Now I need 4* 0..9 and it would be a lot smaller circuit if it is stored in bits as one number.