StarMade 0.171 Salvage to Storage and more

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Great step forward :D

I'm looking in the future for AI harvesters or some automated minning machines so players will be able to make real space corporations (with a lot of effort of course) :D

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    There is nothing magic about schema. He's just a talking, typing, coding cat that does wonders with this game ;)
    You know this made me think...if we ever have a StarMade convention, and there's a Dev Panel. We should just introduce Schema from backstage, then bring out a cat. lol

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    You know this made me think...if we ever have a StarMade convention, and there's a Dev Panel. We should just introduce Schema from backstage, then bring out a cat. lol
    Plot twist: Schema is actually the cat.

Salvage to storage is one of those features I never knew I wanted. Really great idea! Keep up the awesome work!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Plot twist: Schema is actually the cat.

Salvage to storage is one of those features I never knew I wanted. Really great idea! Keep up the awesome work!
    I'm guessing you never tried salvaging every planet, asteroid and station in sight. It takes up a lot of inventory space (too much), so I'm glad it finally got added (it has been suggested before).

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I'm guessing you never tried salvaging every planet, asteroid and station in sight. It takes up a lot of inventory space (too much), so I'm glad it finally got added (it has been suggested before).
    Well, you can still pack millions of blocks to your pocket. I think (can't say for you ppl out there) that we need some kind of limitation for storage slots (just like stacks in minecraft), or other way to limit overall amount of blocks you can store.
    Just imagine these huge freighters...
    (If it's already being disscussed somewhere else, then sorry ;_; correct me please...)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, you can still pack millions of blocks to your pocket. I think (can't say for you ppl out there) that we need some kind of limitation for storage slots (just like stacks in minecraft), or other way to limit overall amount of blocks you can store.
    Just imagine these huge freighters...
    (If it's already being disscussed somewhere else, then sorry ;_; correct me please...)
    This has not exactly been discussed to death, but it comes pretty darn close. It has been both liked by the community and confirmed by the devs to be added.

Reaction score
    oh wow didnt realize that mistake. i fixed it in the news. it should say "cannot be shot by anything but lasers"

sorry for the confusion
    Hi, i am a little bit confused as in the last Update video (and even more in the Mushroomfleetvid) it looks very much like cannons do kill missiles...
    (lasers!=damage beams?)

Reaction score
    Lasers can kill missiles now you can have point deference turrets this only ally's to the AMC though and is not extended to other systems

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This isn't helping. Do we actually have a ship weapon called "lasers" in the game now? If not, can we please stop using the word "lasers" to describe this feature and instead use the in-game name of the applicable weapon? (There is the personal hand-held laser gun, but it seems rather suicidal to try to shoot down missiles with it.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    People say lasers when they mean damage beams. That is the case now in this thread.

Last edited:

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i started adding damage beams to all of my ships since schema said that beams will be able to shoot down missiles. so far that doesn't seem to be the case

it would appear the confusion from earlier still remains

Reaction score
    Sorry crimson but in his post he says that cannons shoot down missiles not beams as I said above. This was to make cannons useful once again.

Reaction score
    i just tested in the latest def build damage beam turrets vs cannon turrets, both in shoot at missiles setting: both aim and shoot at those missiles but only the cannons succeeded to destroy them.
    ...a sad thing as those beams look just awesome when they focus on a missile :cool:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So you only have to shoot missiles once to destroy them?
    now missiles simply suck

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think beams should be the anti-missile weapon. They feel a little lack-luster compared to cannons, and they could use a bonus.

So you only have to shoot missiles once to destroy them?
    now missiles simply suck

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah; IMO long-cooldown (e.g. hulk) missiles should have some form of health, or at least a flat number of hits (regardless of damage) before they die... Sure, I understand that the point is that small turrets and small weapons in general now have another use (And fighters now have more reason to exist to neutralize said turrets, though cruiser-sized weapons are usually better for that anyway >.>) but this just kinda... sucks.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sorry crimson but in his post he says that cannons shoot down missiles not beams as I said above. This was to make cannons useful once again.
    No he said lasers, and cannons can't be lasers due to low projectile speed. So it's clearly Schema's fault.