StarMade 0.171 Salvage to Storage and more

Reaction score
    Lasers and beams and cannons, oh my. Now I am confused. I am waiting for turrets to do it, because I know I have no prayer of shooting a missile, beam or otherwise. Its "Oh look a mis - " BOOOOM.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You shouldn't be: people say cannons when they mean the cannons, but they often say laser instead of damage beam, since the damage beam could be seen as a laser.
    The damage beam is the only one that can damage missiles.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    You shouldn't be: people say cannons when they mean the cannons, but they often say laser instead of damage beam, since the damage beam could be seen as a laser.
    The damage beam is the only one that can damage missiles.
    Didn't test it by myself, but here it goes:
    i just tested in the latest def build damage beam turrets vs cannon turrets, both in shoot at missiles setting: both aim and shoot at those missiles but only the cannons succeeded to destroy them.
    ...a sad thing as those beams look just awesome when they focus on a missile :cool:
    (all credits go to NuclearFun ;) )
    so cannons (AMC'S) can destroy missiles, while lasers (damage beams) can't.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I believe schema meant the Cannons not the beams even though he did say laser.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    We were going to, but that will probably come in another update.
    Imagine a world... In which drones have no limit!

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    We were going to, but that will probably come in another update.
    Imagine a world... In which drones have no limit!

I write this in the future and i was able to edit this comment anomaly befor the coming events happen!

First off: We will get programmable drones and turrets!
    But: And when they are here they are going to be hated for the first few weeks because this new system broke some older things {:(}.

But(t) don't worry! Schema was/will be like:

And yes, this is actual picture of him in his real form!

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    hello I am new to the game and I thought yall would have a proper launcher I thought yall were in beta or something I never knew yall were this new. plus when I played the game it would always send me to the spawn and last time I played it said the memory was full?? and it lagged out. are yall even working to fix the game make it better and add a proper launcher?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Launcher works fine. I would check your drivers, java version and computer specs (mainly processor, GPU and RAM) to see if you can actually play the game. Also don't forget to put everything to minimum settings for the game and give the game the right amount of memory.
    This game is in alpha, but it sounds more like a problem with your computer.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    i love these updates they have been coming out faster and with alot of great features i cant wait for the next one keep up the great job schema[DOUBLEPOST=1412085025,1412084787][/DOUBLEPOST]they are doing their best to fix all issues with the game its still a very young game schema is doing his best

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I hope that point defense turrets dont get very good accuracy/missiles get a health system depending on damage dealt and ship size so missiles dont get to be that "the weapon that no one ever uses" again, and "we" want to encourage all sorts of missile weapons and not just swarms right?

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    My idea:
    • Missiles with up to 200 damage: same hp as damage value, meaning that a missile that does 200 damage has 200 hp, a missile that does 199 damage has 199 hp, etc.
    • >200 damage: combination of armor and hp to get the desired hp. The total value of the hp will be on an exponential curve downwards until it reaches its maximum, and the maximum being 200 hp with 99 armor, giving a total of 200/0.01=20,000 damage that needs to be dealt to destroy the missile (american '.' and ','). I'm thinking that that value would apply to missiles with >(and equal) 100,000 damage.
    If the maximum hp is 128 and not 256, the same would apply but then with: up to 100 damage same hp as damage and >100 damage combination of hp and armor for the hp. The maximum damage that needs to be dealt then for the biggest missiles would be 10,000. The missiles that would apply to would still be the ones that do 100,000 or larger damage.

Reactions: Lecic and Ithirahad

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ...I find that the best way to balance missile HP is for it to be a function of (of all things) cooldown. It should be decently easy to shoot down easily-replaceable rapid missiles, but heavy hulk missiles and lockons, which there aren't always many chances to fire, should take fairly good weaponry to take down.

Reaction score
    Funny how there has been absolutely zero input from the devs in answer to this absolute failure of a feature. The current implementation of the anti-missile turrets is literally the worst idea they've ever had and completely ruins combat.

Come on guys, I know you're better than this. Just admit the mistake and tell us how you plan to fix it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Funny how there has been absolutely zero input from the devs in answer to this absolute failure of a feature. The current implementation of the anti-missile turrets is literally the worst idea they've ever had and completely ruins combat.

Come on guys, I know you're better than this. Just admit the mistake and tell us how you plan to fix it.
    The update has been out for not even 2 weeks. Calm down. They're going to balance it in some way, probably with missile health based on damage.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

Well, truth is, it isn't that easy to hit missiles, but yes, I do agree. (Likewise with warpgates being one-per-station.)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The one per station warpgate is a bug, and I'm almost certain (too lazy to check) that they are working in it.