StarMade 0.171 Salvage to Storage and more

Reaction score
    There is only one thing that can tip the scale between this being a terrible feature and an excellent one.

Do the missiles have health, and is their survivability modified by their type (eg. heat seeker swarms, heavy damage lock ons), and size of the array? For example, does a hulk missile from a 100,000 block launcher have the same health as 1 of 20 swarm missiles from a 5 block launcher?

Haven't checked it out myself yet, would like some more information on the system here.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    Yeah, another cool update! The rocket launcher is total fun.

Hope to see some stuff on universe soon, hype in advance.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Awesome update. I can finally have miners that I don't have to worry about filling up my inventory with, and missiles not being able to kill through walls is fantastic as well.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    StarMade now reaches level of awesomeness that makes me fear Schema will sell Schine to Micro$oft for 4 billion dollars one day.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    oh wow didnt realize that mistake. i fixed it in the news. it should say "cannot be shot by anything but lasers"

sorry for the confusion
    ok that clears things up. though you might want to do something about the cannons being able to shoot down missile then cuz I was able to do that

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Place an activation block next to a storage block, and it will send a "false" signal if the storage goes from not-full to full
    • Place an activation block next to a storage block, and it will send a "true" signal if the storage goes from full to non-full
    • Place an OR-block next to a storage block, and it will send a "false" signal if the storage goes from not-empty to empty
    • Place an OR-block next to a storage block, and it will send a "true" signal if the storage goes from empty to not-empty

It would more sense if we think about it like "each storage slot as one logic-input to the Logic-Element adjacent".

Thus "OR == 1" while not empty.
    Thus "AND == 1" while full.
    Thus "Button(=activation block) == 1" if last add/remove (slot occupiance) was an add, not a remove.[DOUBLEPOST=1411235433,1411235392][/DOUBLEPOST]
    StarMade now reaches level of awesomeness that makes me fear Schema will sell Schine to Micro$oft for 4 billion dollars one day.
    4 billion is actually only 1/5 of their yearly income

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Awesome... :)

Hmm storage loading bar, with the suggested logic so far. It is dev build and subject to change.
    Assuming false is off signal and true is on signal.

link actuator next to storage1 to NOT, that to OR1, and then OR1 to Red light
    link OR next to storage1 to NOT to clock to OR1. (You might not need the not)
    repeat for next storage and place the red light next to the other red light

You should now have an indicator that blinks red when not empty, off when empty and full and goes solid red. If display the red lights in the order of the storage overflow you will end up with a red storage loading bar.....

Was trying to reduce number of missile to reduce lag.... if high damage missiles are as easy to destroy as small damage missiles then the salvo density is going to go up to overwhelm point defence including a lot of tiny decoy missiles.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well, sounds like there's a lot of new stuff to try out tomorrow, I can hardly wait, great work. :cool:

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    That was a big step forward. Now I just need a few things in the next update if you are working on the AI anyway:
    1. AI (turrets and ships) will only fire if the have a firing solution. Indirect fire is ok but please no rocks flying through the life section of my own ship.
    2. Multiple fire modes for the AI. For example firing at weapons, vital systems like thrusters and energy or firing at all blocks to do maximum damage to an object.
    3. AI option to fire at dead structures like overheating ships, asteroids, planets, abandoned stations, etc.
    4. The possibility to link turret structures to the main ship systems (e.g. turret-salvage to main-storage).

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can floating loot go into plex storage, or does it still go into personal inventory?

Tip for those who need to transfer stuff to/from personal inventory: when you are accessing the core of the ship (flight mode), you can go into your inventory ("I"), and pick any ship-board storage block to move things around, as if you were directly accessing the plex storage block. Look at the upper-right corner of the inventory screen, where it says something like "Personal inventory". When you click on that, you can pick among the plex storages on board. Sadly, they are not individually labeled, so you won't know one from the other, except maybe by content count.

Reaction score
    Just my 2 cents:

The missile interdiction weapon should be antimatter cannons, because the laser beams for all intents and purposes don't miss (they travel instantaneously). If cannons are used instead, missiles will stand a small chance at least.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Hell yes!!! I already made point defense turret to defend against missiles :D

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Just my 2 cents:

The missile interdiction weapon should be antimatter cannons, because the laser beams for all intents and purposes don't miss (they travel instantaneously). If cannons are used instead, missiles will stand a small chance at least.
    You haven't accounted for AI inaccuracy. Also, this is to give more use to beams, as their range is less than cannons.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    How do you guys feel about the new handheld weapons?

I think the sniper weapon is very nice in terms of balance. All it needs is a zoom scope, which I can only assume will come later on. Because it is a laser, I do not think that damage should scale down with distance like some games do. The flat damage it has now makes more sense.

The rocket launcher on the other hand I think could do a little more damage, but it's speed is pretty balanced. I think it's only real use would be for breaching hulls and doors for boarding, so the damage done should be enough to blow a small hole large enough for a player to fit through on regular hulls.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    How do you guys feel about the new handheld weapons?

I think the sniper weapon is very nice in terms of balance. All it needs is a zoom scope, which I can only assume will come later on. Because it is a laser, I do not think that damage should scale down with distance like some games do. The flat damage it has now makes more sense.

The rocket launcher on the other hand I think could do a little more damage, but it's speed is pretty balanced. I think it's only real use would be for breaching hulls and doors for boarding, so the damage done should be enough to blow a small hole large enough for a player to fit through on regular hulls.
    I like them, but what I'd REALLY like is to be able to build weapons out of tiny (5-10cm?) blocks.

On the current weapons, though, I like them. The rocket launcher is surprisingly good at taking out very lightly shielded ground vehicles.