StarMade 0.152 (fixes and custom sector size)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    yeah slow loading times and a bug where If I jump I get misaligned with the planet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I'm sure the team has heard our calls of distress at the long loading times and are working to fix it. It's been an issue for people since 0.15, so I'm positive it is something Schema is aware of.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    schema
    I've noticed that since the update cores docked to turrets docks no longer show signature even if radar jamming is not active... thanks... it now makes turrets "a part of the ship".

This brings up my question though... why are ship docks not functioning the same way? If a ship is landed and docked then its "signature" should also be hidden (engines and systems cold so heat missiles can't directly target them). Also so enemies can't tell where you internal ship docks are... 20 30 core signatures are a "dead giveaway" to the location of a hangar bay or docked power core bay.

Bringing the next issue, even when jammers ARE ACTIVE and docked ships and turret signatures are masked the motherships D1000+D1000 combos will attack docked cores attached to ship docks but not the turret docks... this is a major issue as they can pass through blocks directly into the hangar bays and destroy all docked ships.

My suggestion is to make the ship docks act just like the turret docks do so they can also be ignored on docking weather the motherships radar masking is enabled or not. I'm not sure if the turrets are temporarily made "a part" of the ship while docked or if its just automatically masked but turrets are ignored perfectly the docked ships on the other hand... I'm not impressed... adding logic to the docks I do appreciate though it's no use if all my ships get destroyed before I even open my bay doors.... sickening. AndyP

The only issue I have with the automatic radar masking is I can no longer directly target docked ships to adjust AI settings. I haven't gone as far as testing the faction blocks along with docking to ship docks but from what I cant tell adding a faction block to a docked ship will still cause the ship to show on radar while docked and can still be attacked by the "motherships" D1000+D1000 combos.

I'm looking forward to AI and fleet command updates soon in my opinion FTL can wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well the reason you're not seeing the turret target markers anymore is because whatever you have set in your navigation filter now also applies to what shows on the screen. So i guess you've got it set so turrets arn't showing up in the navigation panel.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow as long as I've been playing this game.... I never messed with that... all at default settings as I never knew It was even an option just looked at it soon as I saw your post...and yep it was unchecked... IDK how that happened... so then I just tested this and turrets are still ignored by the motherships D1000+D1000 combo why not the ship docks as well? What line of code causes the turrets to be ignored so I can add it to the ship dock XML file because this is fuggin annoying!!! I'm in notepad ++ trying to self patch this as we speak... GAWD!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ok I don't think the docks XML is the only file that needs to be modified anyone can point into the right direction? I don't need any code I can write it myself I just the right files that would possibly give me an effective result...

Reaction score
    Jesus Christ
    I agree this is a great new balance to the game but its really hard to take down a ship now. I was faced with twenty small pirate ships and with my cruiser I could only destroy seven after about fifteen minutes, and all the kills were done with my turrets; the smaller ships are too hard to follow with my cruiser. I do like that this new update allows for longer battles, but when its against pirate ships the entire thing becomes very tedious. If only there was a way to make a precise, fast firing weapon to destroy cores quicker.

Maybe Schema could add a new feature which automatically overheats the core if a said percentage of the ship is destroyed. It would really help with fighters.

EDIT: Starting a post on this

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Jesus Christ
    I agree this is a great new balance to the game but its really hard to take down a ship now. I was faced with twenty small pirate ships and with my cruiser I could only destroy seven after about fifteen minutes, and all the kills were done with my turrets; the smaller ships are too hard to follow with my cruiser. I do like that this new update allows for longer battles, but when its against pirate ships the entire thing becomes very tedious. If only there was a way to make a precise, fast firing weapon to destroy cores quicker.

Maybe Schema could add a new feature which automatically overheats the core if a said percentage of the ship is destroyed. It would really help with fighters.

actually having a certain % of hull destroyed to overheat a core sounds great! however it would be almost impossible to implement that right.

Reaction score
    actually having a certain % of hull destroyed to overheat a core sounds great! however it would be almost impossible to implement that right.
    Why would you say that? I mean, if 75% of your ship is destroyed, there isn't much you can do anyway.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Something like that is planned anyway. Where the total "health" of the ship is dictated by the mass/number of blocks it is made of.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Yeah, health based combat instead of core based combat is coming. It'll give a use to hull and such because they'll provide much more health than, say, a shield or power tank. It'll also allow for astrotechno beams to be useful, as they'll be able to repair a ship all at once instead of as it currently is as a pile of garbage.

Reaction score
    Yeah, health based combat instead of core based combat is coming. It'll give a use to hull and such because they'll provide much more health than, say, a shield or power tank. It'll also allow for astrotechno beams to be useful, as they'll be able to repair a ship all at once instead of as it currently is as a pile of garbage.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Reaction score
    Why would you say that? I mean, if 75% of your ship is destroyed, there isn't much you can do anyway.
    the reason why its difficult to implement is because due to the fact that its a voxel terrain game you cant just simply give a ship a percentage value.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor

That is actually a planned feature. Schema said that in a few posts earlier.

Reaction score
    Hello,
    we're still having trouble with some permissions, so I still can't post on our main page. This is just a temporary solution posting news here.

Another patch and a new feature:

server/client NullPointer fixed
    kill_character finally fixed (and working)
    physics recovery for strange physics states that cause massive lag
    grappling to ships now in key bindings
    fixed another NullPointer when removing controllers of ships that are not fully loaded (rare)

You can now set the size of sectors: You can either set it in the server.cfg, or even do it live in game (but use with care) with /sector_size <nr>. The size must be between 300 and 5000. Please keep in mind that making the sectors smaller while people and ships are at the edges may lead to some glitches and warping.

Thanks to all the people that send in reports. If you want to be more involved in testing with access to the new tracker, shoot AndyP a message.

thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema
    I would like to know why you decided to totally trash the whole game with your "new"weapons? All the time and work put in on building great ships has been a waste. What's the point of playing if what you build is worthless because you guys didn't think this through. We now have to have duplicate systems to have 1 mildly functioning weapon. I am so disappointed with this build! I was looking forward to new weapon but not this way. I wonder how many people are going to quit playing because of this. You guy's could have done SO MUCH better!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I would like to know why you decided to totally trash the whole game with your "new"weapons? All the time and work put in on building great ships has been a waste. What's the point of playing if what you build is worthless because you guys didn't think this through. We now have to have duplicate systems to have 1 mildly functioning weapon. I am so disappointed with this build! I was looking forward to new weapon but not this way. I wonder how many people are going to quit playing because of this. You guy's could have done SO MUCH better!!
    The new weapon system wants to bring balance to combat or do you like to destroy a ship within seconds? And if you have to duplicate you weapon systems to get a acceptable gun you don´t use it right. Some of my upgraded ships are now more effecive than before