StarMade 0.152 (fixes and custom sector size)

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hello,
    we're still having trouble with some permissions, so I still can't post on our main page. This is just a temporary solution posting news here.

Another patch and a new feature:

server/client NullPointer fixed
    kill_character finally fixed (and working)
    physics recovery for strange physics states that cause massive lag
    grappling to ships now in key bindings
    fixed another NullPointer when removing controllers of ships that are not fully loaded (rare)

You can now set the size of sectors: You can either set it in the server.cfg, or even do it live in game (but use with care) with /sector_size <nr>. The size must be between 300 and 5000. Please keep in mind that making the sectors smaller while people and ships are at the edges may lead to some glitches and warping.

Thanks to all the people that send in reports. If you want to be more involved in testing with access to the new tracker, shoot AndyP a message.

thanks for playing StarMade,
    - schema

Last edited by a moderator:

Master1398

Keep calm and quit raging
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can now set the size of sectors: You can either set it in the server.cfg, or even do it live in game (but use with care) with /sector_size <nr>. The size must be between 300 and 5000. Please keep in mind that making the sectors smaller while people and ships are at the edges may lead to some glitches and warping.
    AndyP a message.

- schema
    That´s a nice 'little' addition here

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Is there any negative effects for increasing the size of sectors?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    When he says sectors does he mean the box dimension of space where any node in that box shows up on your nav?

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Personally I'm not a big fan of the divided news posts anyway. You just need to make these news posts show up on the main page... but I guess the actual news posts do give you a little more freedom than a forum post.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just a heads up, in the server.cfg after SECTOR_SIZE = 1000, the description says: //Enables enemy spawing. :confused:

Also, i know its allready been pointed out, but is the slow loading a bug or is that just how it is now?

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Major issue with today's update download speed... I currently cap @ 30kbps download and it says error after 1hr of downloading I can't get the latest update. I am right now trying to download directly without the launcher and still have the same issue.
    My ISP connection is 6.5Mbps upload and 53.6MB down.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello,
    we're still having trouble with some permissions, so I still can't post on our main page. This is just a temporary solution posting news here.

Another patch and a new feature:

server/client NullPointer fixed
    kill_character finally fixed (and working)
    physics recovery for strange physics states that cause massive lag
    grappling to ships now in key bindings
    fixed another NullPointer when removing controllers of ships that are not fully loaded (rare)

Thanks to all the people that send in reports. If you want to be more involved in testing with access to the new tracker, shoot AndyP a message.

- schema

Yay a fix for all that lag!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So, wait, is 5000 the actual capped limit, or just a recommended size?

Reaction score
    Major issue with today's update download speed... I currently cap @ 30kbps download and it says error after 1hr of downloading I can't get the latest update. I am right now trying to download directly without the launcher and still have the same issue.
    Just go to this link, use 7zip or winzip to unpack it and paste it into your C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\StarMade
    "username" is dependent on the name you put in when you set your computer up. Alternatively type %appdata% in your computer address bar and find the Starmade folder NOT ".StarMade" Sorry it didn't work for you, I hope this helps.
    http://files.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_20140607_143305.zip

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    So, wait, is 5000 the actual capped limit, or just a recommended size?
    It's a recommended max size... however, I highly recommend higher. Around 10,000 felt comfortable to me, Crusader was messing with even higher amounts in the order of hundreds of thousands and it was apparently decent, but without FTL that's a bit over the line.

I'll warn ya though, with more realistic space comes more realistic solar heat. Don't fly very near to the sun.

Reaction score
    odd it only took me 100 seconds to download. could be your internet :). or your hard drive is getting full :P.

Reaction score
    Schema, I don't know if you know this but when you are docking a turret to a ship the turret need an unreasonably large space, which makes it very difficult to dock a turret to a ship. For example, my cousin and I played star made when it first came out and we had no problem docking turrets but we just decided to try star made again and bring in our old blueprints, but like I said it takes a unreasonable amount of space to dock. I was just wondering if there was any way to fix this.

Thank you for your time,
    Parvum

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Schema, I don't know if you know this but when you are docking a turret to a ship the turret need an unreasonably large space, which makes it very difficult to dock a turret to a ship. For example, my cousin and I played star made when it first came out and we had no problem docking turrets but we just decided to try star made again and bring in our old blueprints, but like I said it takes a unreasonable amount of space to dock. I was just wondering if there was any way to fix this.

Thank you for your time,
    Parvum
    That's because the turrets you docked in the old version of the game were too large but a bug allowed you to dock them anyway. That bug was fixed many, many patches ago. Turrets need a docking space the size of the turret now and not an "Unreasonably large space"

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score

Thank you for your time,
    Parvum
    run the command /ignore_docking_area true . that will mean that you could dock a sector size ship / turret to a single docking block

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Everything loads extremely slow now. Is this an issue with the game or are my settings off?