Sol Remembrance Heavy RP server [OLD, PLEASE REMOVE]

Reaction score
    Hey general, I'm back, could you please whitelist me as Legion? I'll go write a backstory.

Jh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Um. I think the way it works is you write the backstory and THEN you are whitelisted.

Reaction score
    Okay, so My characters back story.. just to save space later, Could you please white-list me as "Captain_Neeson"... Im still more than happy to help you on the build and admin team :)

Character Name: Captain Toby Neeson

Character Age: 48

Character Appearance: Tall (6FT 5") , black with the odd silver hair, blue eyes. A scar faded scar running from his right eye half way down his cheek.

Character Back story: Born on the lush world of Tyrus VIII into a loving family of his mother -Janea- and his father- John. He had a normal upbringing, achieved outstanding results at school and so was accepted into theTyrus VIII University of science and engineering. He remained there for a year or so, content in studying astrogation and slip-space physics... but then, they came. An armada of vessels, previously unknown to humanity... called themselves The Zarrok. They came... and so began the war. Toby was eventually called up ,at the age of 22, to service and elected to join the Space combat core. He began with a simple fighter and fight after gruesome fight with the Zarrok, he rose through the ranks until he reached the rank of commander. By now the Zarrok were loosing the war... 13 years had passed since they made the first , explosive, contact. Although they were slowly but surely falling back, Toby suspected something. Eventually the Zarrok were pushed back out of the system, The citizens of Tyrus thought they were gone for good.
    A few months later, everything changed. The Zarrok returned but this time with a full scale planetary destruction fleet. More vessels than had ever previously been recorded amassed at once. They came with intent and they destroyed with malice. Toby was of planet, taking his frigate on a patrol of near by systems when Tyrus VIII fell. He received a transmission ordering any and all Human vessels close to the planet to flee at once and to erase all data of near by human colonies, perhaps this would delay the aliens befor they reach the next planet. Toby didn't like this, He ordered his navigator to ley in a course back to the planet, he was going to help out in what ever way he could.
    A few minutes later, he arrived, what met him was a sight that he dreaded more than death... The Zarrok fleet was in orbit around the planet, firing upon its surface attempting to kill every last inhabitant. Toby felt as though he could hear the dying screams of his parents and friends who didn't make it out. If he couldent stop the Zarrok, then he would die trying. He ordered that his ship "The Hollens" to begin attacking any alien ship that it had in range, he would man a fighter armed with the last 3 nukes they had on-board and fly directly into their largest ship, hoping this woulf deter the fleet long enough for any remaining evac ships to leave the planet.
    He left the bridge, having wished his crew luck and if they should day, they should die proud defenders of good, and made straight for the hanger. he climbed aboard the stealth interceptor armed with the weaponry requested and launched into the strobe lit space beyond the hanger. Weaving and swerving, he sighted up the largest alien ship in sight and set a course, BANG!
    He was hit, a lazer beam right across his weapons bay, luckily the nukes went ignited but they began to drift free of his craft. BANG!
    another shot, to his engine control this time, he was drifting in completely the wrong direction, The Hollens behind him, missiles and cannon fire light up her hull like a Christmas tree. He was drifting in space, he move, he couldn't fire.. he was stranded. his only hope would be to warp out of the sector in whatever direction he was pointing and prey to god that he would be found by a passer by or better still, by The Hollens if they decided to peruse him. It was his only option...
    He engaged the jump drive, activated his distress beacon (so his crew may have some idea as to his plan) and in less than a minute, he was gone.. his last vision of his home being glassed by the aliens stuck in his memory for ever more, never did he forget.... So now he is alone, Possibly the soul survivor of Tyrus VIII ,Captain Toby Neeson of the Tyrus space command, he hopes that his crew may one day find him but until then he must repair his vessel and begin making plans about how he was going to hit the Zarrok back, and He would hit them Hard...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    A moderately average time ago there was a planet, this planet gas giant was nestled away on the edge of the inner galactic disc orbiting two stars. Taranis and Nero-n. Orbiting the gas giant there was a lush moon covered in green foliage and pristine sparkling blue oceans clean and fresh. At first only the most simple of animals could live there due to the high gravity ( about two gees ) but eventually evolution had it's way and after millions of years culminated in a tall race of powerfully built bipeds strong and highly intelligent. This race flourished for a time achieving great feats of technology, art and architecture tall white graceful spires nestling amongst the trees. Eventually the discovery of a way to harness dark matter catapulted them into the space age and they built great fleets of large economically designed ships and graceful curving stations. Their ships focused more upon defence than offence and their fortress stations bristled with weaponry. In the year 17BC everything changed. An extensive and dangerous alien ruin was uncovered under the oceans of their home world calling their entire system of belief into doubt. Their unified empire quickly fragmented over conflicting beliefs, the conservative elders, wise and scientifically minded called for no change to their belief calling the ruins inconsequential and the more aggressive reformists who called for and end to religion as they know it.

This sparked an interstellar war pitting brother against brother and friend against friend. The war raged on for seven years cause untold casualties, billions died as the reformists pressed on annexing world after world, quickly approaching the home world. Running out of options the council of elders took an emergency vote and it was decided that day they would open pandora a box, release an experimental A.I upon the reformists hopefully decimating their ranks production was soon in full swing and these units were named legion taught to give no quarter or hope to receive it. For days then they waited, for months, yet the reformists never came. Eventually they sent out search probes to their lost colony's and found only dust and echoes. The planets were gone, in their place great clouds of rubble and the ruins of a mighty fleet devastated hulks melted and mangled. While they may have wondered what had happened to the countless billions they did not have to wait long to find out for certain. They built up their defences and used self replicating construction drones to produce a fleet which like has never been seen before or since, marvels of technology the flagship nine kilometres long and bristling with the most advanced weapons the elders could muster and crewed by fearless legion units blooded and ready for battle. And then they came a great fleet at least equal to the one that stood ready to defend this last refuge. A great battle ensued, liquid streams of plasma lancing across the void and the flashed of missile impacts. Many gave their lives in battle yet it was not enough. Eventually the dust settled and radio contact slowly opened up. The elders held the day, the invaders rubble and dust... As was much of the home fleet, and a good section of the planet below. Unbowed by this the elders rebuilt using the burned out husks of once mighty ships to construct a ring around the planet. This they linked to elevators to the planet below and armed it with a vast assortment of weaponry, they were ready, how wrong the were.

Subtle ripples in space time for told the arrival of a second fleet greater than the first out for blood and angry, yet the valour of the elders held true and they prevailed in a strategically daring counter offensive they destroyed the enemy to the last man. But the elders knew there would be more. And more after that. And even more after those. All the elders could see ahead was centuries of conflict. So they concocted a plan. It was daring yes, but if it prevailed they would be safe at last.

Centuries past and the enemy showed no signs of relenting. The orbital defences were improving they barely took any casualties from the initial assaults now and every victory added more to the ring which was now several hundred kilometres across. Eventually they completed their project. The veritable Eden of their home planet scarred by many centuries of warfare but still verdant and hospitable. Great contraptions and spire spun into life and with a great pop! The planet was gone as was the gas giant and the binary star system, stored away in a sub dimension safe and sound. However the elders never planned this exile to be permanent. They sent out hundreds of legion A.I units into the galaxy to find a way of permanently combating their eternal enemy so that they could once again prosper freely.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435958694,1435958452][/DOUBLEPOST]Legion unit:
    8ft tall imposing stark white robotic skeleton elaborately crested with sleek organic details. Heavily armoured and ready for combat.

Legions commander. A similar being but black with red details and a piercing white glowing optical interface. Several hundred scratches mark it's left shoulder plate which is ornate yet practical perhaps detailing ships killed in combat. This one possesses un ordinary intelligence and seeks the dark truth about his enemy.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435958749][/DOUBLEPOST]"We are legion... I am Legion."
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435959286][/DOUBLEPOST]This unit has been abroad in the galaxy for 173.8237 of your earths years and is due to return once it's mission is complete.

Reaction score
    JH this is for the build team, sorry if it comes across a bit brief.
    Me too!!, I will be playing on the server anyway once the necessary building is completed to, so now is as good a time as any to make my character :)

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Hi General
    I hope you remember me, I was on the build/admin team with you on the savage horizons server. So i see you have a new server in the works and i would very much like to submit my candidacy. As a co-builder of yours before, I hope you remember that i am hard working and enjoy what i build. I would very much like to work with you again on this new project and hopefully see it through to a public launch :)
    very much look forward to hearing you reply
    kind regards
    Jaddo
    Welcome back Jaddo! It will be great to have you and Red on the team for the server! Just send me a pm with your whitelist name and anything you would like to say!

Reaction score
    Welcome back Jaddo! It will be great to have you and Red on the team for the server! Just send me a pm with your whitelist name and anything you would like to say!
    Its great to be back!
    Could you white list me as "Captain_Neeson", that's going to be my character once the building and admin is done.. I really look forward to playing :D
    Hope to talk to you either here, on enjin or in game soon

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    IGN: Viktor_Midumulf

Character Name: Viktor Midumulf

Character Age: Original age unknown. Earliest memory is two years back.

Character Appearance: Green eyes, red dreadlocks. Thin, angular face, but a relaxed and relatively unmuscular body. 5'11", and has a plug in the back of his neck. Appears to be 24 years old.

Character Backstory: This guy appeared out of nowhere in a station, slightly delirious, and quite twitchy. Claimed that he'd had a bad trip through an unstable wormhole when asked. Few minutes of stretching and asking odd questions about local laws later, he tackled a guard, stole a pistol, and made a run for the nearest scrapyard, then barricaded himself in. A few hours later, one of the ugliest cobbled together ships anyone had ever seen took off from the scrapyard. Since then, the ship has been seen blasting the cargo pods off of freighters and stealing the loot. A couple of times he's been shot down, and he's even been shot through the head and incinerated, but he always appears again in one piece a day or so later. It's suspected that he may be abusing cloning technologies.

Two years ago, as far as he can remember, he woke up in a spacecraft barely held together by duct tape and staples, with a sticky note on the dashboard. The stickynote read, "Fifty million credits to pay off medical bill. Collectors are coming in two months. Get it at all costs." Despite not knowing exactly what happened, he felt an intense sensation of pressure and terror looking at that note - intense enough to drive an otherwise reasonable man to theft. He mined for a couple days to afford the biggest gun he could strap to his ship, and set off to pay his survival fee. Eventually, he succeeded, but not before he'd been corrupted by his desperation.

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    IGN: Viktor_Midumulf

Character Name: Viktor Midumulf

Character Age: Original age unknown. Earliest memory is two years back.

Character Appearance: Green eyes, red dreadlocks. Thin, angular face, but a relaxed and relatively unmuscular body. 5'11", and has a plug in the back of his neck. Appears to be 24 years old.

Character Backstory: This guy appeared out of nowhere in a station, slightly delirious, and quite twitchy. Claimed that he'd had a bad trip through an unstable wormhole when asked. Few minutes of stretching and asking odd questions about local laws later, he tackled a guard, stole a pistol, and made a run for the nearest scrapyard, then barricaded himself in. A few hours later, one of the ugliest cobbled together ships anyone had ever seen took off from the scrapyard. Since then, the ship has been seen blasting the cargo pods off of freighters and stealing the loot. A couple of times he's been shot down, and he's even been shot through the head and incinerated, but he always appears again in one piece a day or so later. It's suspected that he may be abusing cloning technologies.

Two years ago, as far as he can remember, he woke up in a spacecraft barely held together by duct tape and staples, with a sticky note on the dashboard. The stickynote read, "Fifty million credits to pay off medical bill. Collectors are coming in two months. Get it at all costs." Despite not knowing exactly what happened, he felt an intense sensation of pressure and terror looking at that note - intense enough to drive an otherwise reasonable man to theft. He mined for a couple days to afford the biggest gun he could strap to his ship, and set off to pay his survival fee. Eventually, he succeeded, but not before he'd been corrupted by his desperation.
    Accepted! Whitelisting you now. ;)

Reaction score
    Hey general, sorry I haven't been on the server yet, I suffered a catastrophic graphics card malfunction and it might be while until I can get it fixed :(

Jh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    JH this is for the build team, sorry if it comes across a bit brief
    OH. Really sorry.
    Got the wrong idea...
    Btw love your backstory .

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So far, have met some interesting people on the server.
    They haven't uploaded to the new version yet, but sure it will be soon.

At the moment, looking for new, build-loving players to come in and build characterful ships and stations. There are some pretty nicely armed pirates, so equip yourself before you go hunting.

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    They haven't uploaded to the new version yet, but sure it will be soon.
    I am waiting a few days before we update, I want to make sure we get any bugfixes that may come out.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well, I will just wait with baited breath. :)

I'm assuming there's no way to play before the update. I had wondered whether it was a problem synching versions, but the game errored for me before I installed the latest version, so I'm assuming there is no way in either way?

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Server is updated! Tell me if you find any server-side bugs, and I will try to fix them.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yay... :)

Main bug so far (in previous versions) was getting booted shortly after a hyperspace jump, then when logging back in, appearing where I'd jumped to, but my ship being 200km away where I'd jumped from.. Once that happened when I didn't have a core... That was very boring! :)

Centauri

Ancient Lurker & Modder
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yay... :)

Main bug so far (in previous versions) was getting booted shortly after a hyperspace jump, then when logging back in, appearing where I'd jumped to, but my ship being 200km away where I'd jumped from.. Once that happened when I didn't have a core... That was very boring! :)
    I've never seen that bug before, and have tried it out in-game repeatedly, with yet to crash. I think it might be something with your computer or client, as I have not had it happen so far.

Jh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also. Like my recent absence there will be times when i am gone. I require another person to play as a banker, both to run it when im gone/not on and to build it ships to get the income to give loans and sell things. Interested anyone?