So I just saw the Blackhawk evidence, truly shocking, unless you were a server admin. (+extra stuff)

After reading (or before because I know people will): Do you think I'm an @sshole?

• Total voters

Chckn Wildstyle

Design Head of Cabal Weapons/Technologies (CWT)
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    What completely confuses me, is why StarBits is so threatening to the Doughbros. Rules were broken, toxic/abusive players were kicked to the curb, and we've moved on. I encourage you to find it within yourself to do the same.
    I understand that the backend can be used, that is obvious, the assumption would be that the admins online wouldn't know how to use it and would result in a few days of downtime.

Also, am I considered a Doughbro now?

Reaction score
    Over the course of the last year, myself, Guthris, Osirus, Gorn, and several other former Shattered Skies admins have been lambasted for supposed abuse of power and favoritism. I bet everyone that jumped on the hate bandwagon is feeling a bit ashamed as of late. (I'll refrain from indirect character attacks for the rest of the post.)

The purpose of this is several messages to everyone who plays StarMade on multiplayer servers:
    1) Trusting anyone on the forums simply because they presented information first is a bad idea.
    2) Not reading all sides of an argument because of some sort of perceived personal gain is simply shooting yourself in the foot.
    3) Assuming because someone retorts with snide comments in response to an inflammatory post that they are wrong is a bad idea as some information is delivered through angry words.
    4) And finally: Server administrators and owners are people too and shouldn't be distrusted simply based on the fact that they are staff. People cry wolf, its life, use your brain.

I will also not address the attacks on myself and others made by a certain former member of the SS staff as there is no way to substantiate either side of the argument because it was mostly conducted verbally therefore it would only cause a flame war.

Odium and its offspring (which I will call OO here) have been in the cross-hairs of admins on servers for a long time now, mostly because when they joined another server and started causing a ruckus the admins of the new server would ask the other servers what to look out for. Most staff members were tipped off to the devious play styles of OO, however, there was always a hint of disbelief because OO was good at covering their tracks. That disbelief has been dispelled now using evidence and not just the intuition of server admins. It is nice to finally know that all of my, and others peoples' hunches have been correct. OO did have a few situations where players messed up and got caught, but they only learned from those mistakes and improved their plausible deniability strategy as they went. Note that we were not going out of our way to get them banned, or rather, most of use weren't. The fact that there were admins going out of their way to find things to ban them for is a discussion for another thread.

In summation, there was not an active witch hunt as some would like you to believe, or at least, not as bad.

On a personal note from me and Guthris, we both very much enjoyed the presence of OO on SS as it added spice to the normal incredibly boring and monotonous admin surveying. I hated to see them driven off, partially because of their own cheating, partially because of some witch hunting. I am a proponent of using exploits when they are not entirely game breaking, I don't have to specify as it is obvious what is game breaking. <(Guthris too)

The point is, admins knew what they were doing, we pretty much always have, I did not enjoy the rain of hatred on the forums :mad:, yet I still enjoyed their presence (them fighting was fun to watch). Though presence does not mean company, as some of their voices are so monotonous (I got to use that word twice now) one is hard pressed to not fall asleep when listening to them. You know who you are :)

The previous server owners do not have any part in this message, I did it of my own volition. The server owners for those who don't know were Dalmont, Raiben, Saber and Zyrenica. Whilst they did have to deal with this, they have chosen to remain silent on the matters as it is beneath them. (But I am just an internet troll who enjoys knowing things he probably shouldn't and being in control [JK about that last part, or am I? >:)] so I can post whatever I want.)

++++++++++++++++++++HERE'S WHERE THE EXTRA STUFF COMES IN+++++++++++++++++++++

I have some sensitive information about the Starbits conspiracy that will shed new levels of light on such a cloudy situation as is Starbits and NuclearDoughnut.
    Let's just say, both sides have some truths, and both sides have some lies.

I will give out this information in a post edit if enough interest is shown for it :)

TELL ALL FROM AN INSIDER PERSPECTIVE

There needs to be a little information given about Doughnut to start:
    -He was a server owner and probably is right now so he understands the importance of rules.
    -He has been helpful to anyone who asks advice of running a server.
    -He has no reason to break rules on any server as there is somewhat of an interserver comradeship between server owners and admins (at least the ones that are actually decent) and by doing something to break rules, you also break trust.
    -He told me his tale in private with no one else around, and as such would have no reason to lie.

There needs to be information given about Erth:
    -I reached out to him to explain the situation from a spectator's perspective and got no response at all. (A bit fishy)

Then there needs to be information given about Atheu, Napther, piannoknight, and the others I cannot remember by name.
    -I have had my differences with Atheu and Napther, this has nothing to do with past grievances.
    -Everyone in the group that committed the acts causing the conspiracy did it of their own volition without Doughnut pressuring them to do so. He may have been okay with them doing it, but he did not contribute.

So let's take it from the top:
    NuclearDoughnut was playing on the Starbits server for the purpose of pvp. He was banned by Erth for what seems to be an unsubstantiated offense. We have all read the Starbits forums with the appeal, I need not go into it (just go to the Starbits conspiracy thread for the links if you haven't). The only thing that could be deduced from the overall caginess of Starbits staff during this process and the very apparent chumminess between a player and Erth is that a favor was levied in the form of ND being banned. ND was none to happy about this and told the group he was playing with about the situation. The group was Atheu, Napther, piannoknight, and two others primarily which are unnecessary to name. This group took it upon themselves to get revenge for ND by trying to crash the Starbits server. They were not told by ND to do this. I know this information because I was interested in what was going on and wanted to be a fly on the wall so I normally sat in the TS channel they used. So I heard first hand their plans. The end plan was to rolling hard crash the server by means of simultaneous lag bomb detonations in key sectors of the server. Those sectors being: Spawn, a planet, and the last recorded sector admins logged out in. This would make the server irreparable from the inside as it would constantly lag the entire server and crash the admins that tried to log in, they would also not be able to come in on another admin enabled account as spawn would also be bombed. The group had neither the coordination nor the nerve to execute the plan correctly which led to the systematic banning as they were found out. However, I will confess that I gave them the know how to create a rolling hardcrash, partially because I wanted to see them fail, partially because I am a troll. I did not however, ever log onto the server to help directly. The members of this group knew that the chance of them being banned was high, and knew that what they were doing was wrong. All lag bombs set off and corresponding banned players were correctly identified as grief attempts by Erth.

I did not intervene because even though they were on my TS whilst executing the plan, Atheu, and Napther were both staff members and I was hoping they would realize that you don't do this to others.

So in summation:

ND is innocent and was wrongly banned due to favoritism from an admin.
    ND did not have anything to do with the lag attack.

Erth technically has the authority to ban whoever he wants, however, in doing so, breaks his own rules.

The group that led the lag attack was rightly banned for their actions as they were intentionally trying to crash the server.

Erth should not be condemned for the group's bans.

To be perfectly clear, I am the sole executioner of said plans, yes it was discussed between Atheu, Doughnut, Napther, you, and some others, but when it came time to actually do the plan, it was me, and ONLY me that had a hand in it. Atheu, who you are so aptly trying to throw under the bus, as well as Napther had no part in its execution.

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    To be perfectly clear, I am the sole executioner of said plans, yes it was discussed between Atheu, Doughnut, Napther, you, and some others, but when it came time to actually do the plan, it was me, and ONLY me that had a hand in it. Atheu, who you are so aptly trying to throw under the bus, as well as Napther had no part in its execution.
    Other than the lag swarmer bomb detonated at spawn by an alt of Atheu and the failed other attempts by the other players ;), or were you hoping no one would remember those?

All this excluding ND.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Dear Lord someone likes to not read other posts.

The Story of Event Horizon's removal from Starbits.

This is the whole story ChknWildstyle. Atheu and Napther Trolled the hell out of you (Counter-trolling?). We don't let outsiders into our real operations. You were on the outside giving us the technical details on how to construct one. The Device hadn't even been made at the time they told you. We were extracting all the information we could out of your Trollish mind to make sure our design was full proof ;).

I'm not Entirely Innocent FYI.

Reactions: Sachys and Lecic

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Has anyone ever considered that maybe perhaps some of you are tripping over your own schemes? If there was more honesty about stuff and less subterfuge and latin, perhaps these issues can be dealt with in a straight forward fashion without the drama? All of these confessions are a lot of fun but a bit concerning. Not for the exploits but for the impression that no one can be honest, ever. I mean, I get the PVP mindset but it seems as if the drama is getting in the way of the fun.

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Dear Lord someone likes to not read other posts.

The Story of Event Horizon's removal from Starbits.

This is the whole story ChknWildstyle. Atheu and Napther Trolled the hell out of you (Counter-trolling?). We don't let outsiders into our real operations. You were on the outside giving us the technical details on how to construct one. The Device hadn't even been made at the time they told you. We were extracting all the information we could out of your Trollish mind to make sure our design was full proof ;).

I'm not Entirely Innocent FYI.
    It seems as if all I said in the edit was correct, even according to you in this post you just linked.

I do not consider indirect help and silence as guilty crimes, that's just a personal belief, so as far as I'm concerned I am still correct in my assessments.

I will admit though, the original post was a bit of bait to finally get Piannoknight and company to admit their wrongdoing. I certainly didn't expect it to work so well XD.
    [doublepost=1470847860,1470847255][/doublepost]
    Has anyone ever considered that maybe perhaps some of you are tripping over your own schemes? If there was more honesty about stuff and less subterfuge and latin, perhaps these issues can be dealt with in a straight forward fashion without the drama? All of these confessions are a lot of fun but a bit concerning. Not for the exploits but for the impression that no one can be honest, ever. I mean, I get the PVP mindset but it seems as if the drama is getting in the way of the fun.
    I prefer to be honest with things, I see no reason for inter game politics to be taken so seriously outside of the game. However, I do also enjoy the drama associated when people try to hide their wrong doings.

In my eyes and to the best of my knowledge, I have never done anything wrong (as in rules wrong) on any server I have played on or administrated. People may find fault in my play style because I will play up to the letter of the rules in order to get an advantage, I find loopholes and being clever, fun. When I am an administrator I follow the letter of the law, and as such, will prosecute or not prosecute someone based entirely on what they did, and not what I feel about them. This means that I have thrown friends under the bus, and ruthlessly pursued their case, same for enemies. It also means that I have let people who I find detestable off the hook even if I want to get rid of them, because they have done nothing wrong.

There is a lot of deceit and lying present on the forums, this post is my way of dispelling some of it.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is getting old. and I'm getting tired of dealing with it. If I see one more confession that confesses something that somebody else did then that person will will probably be banned for 2 weeks for malicious intent. And I mean it. Unless it's a confession about what you did by your self, and nobody else, no accomplices, no "somebody that wont be named" nothing, I don't want to see it. Take it someplace else, 'cause I'm tired of dealing with it.

No more confessions that involve anybody other than the original poster. If you want to confess your own sins go right ahead, but stop taking other people down with you. I'm not just talking to the OP, I'm talking to everybody who might be considering another confession thread... Be warned. Consider this you're last and only warning.

Peace ;)

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Trolling I, insinuating guilt of others.
    This is getting old. and I'm getting tired of dealing with it. If I see one more confession that confesses something that somebody else did then that person will will probably be banned for 2 weeks for malicious intent. And I mean it. Unless it's a confession about what you did by your self, and nobody else, no accomplices, no "somebody that wont be named" nothing, I don't want to see it. Take it someplace else, 'cause I'm tired of dealing with it.

No more confessions that involve anybody other than the original poster. If you want to confess your own sins go right ahead, but stop taking other people down with you. I'm not just talking to the OP, I'm talking to everybody who might be considering another confession thread... Be warned. Consider this you're last and only warning.

Peace ;)
    Its just civil discourse; I think I caused some good to happen with the guilty parties admitting guilt.

You have to draw attention or no one will view the thread, its like the media, if I simply made a post with only facts and no juice, this would have never gotten anywhere because of the way the StarMade forum shows threads. It needs posts to survive.

I would ask those in control of SMD to make a thread rating system, so that good threads get featured more often.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Good threads? I surely hope you dosen't consider this as a ''Good Thread''.

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Good threads? I surely hope you dosen't consider this as a ''Good Thread''.
    I consider this a thread subject to the way SMD works, I understand this thread is tabloidy, that is my point: Unless you do what this thread does nothing will ever come of it.

If there was a rating system, this thread would have been much more concise.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I would ask those in control of SMD to make a thread rating system, so that good threads get featured more often.
    Reddit is garbage. No thanks. Feel free to go to reddit.com/r/starmade if you want that trash.

Reaction score
    So much drama in this community.

I was associated with Event Horizon, but i personally never broke any rules myself.

I came home from work one night, heard my facton mates being pissed over some dude who i never heard of, talking shit.

I log in, he is just talking random shit for no reason, complaining about "your ships are too big pls leave server"

He was being outright rude, we attacked him. (fully within our rights, as one of the server rules allowed for pirates. "We shal neither help not hinder pirates")

He got scared, held up on his invulnerable homebase, launched tons of drones.

Me in my hand made ship, didnt want to lose it. I dipped out. Then i crashed. logged back in, just an astronaut in space with no ship. i had the blueprint. Called it a night.

Logged back in the next day, My invulnerable homebase was being shot up and damaged by someone. With no ship to fight back with, i say fuck it. Log off.

Next day, im banned.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I consider this a thread subject to the way SMD works, I understand this thread is tabloidy, that is my point: Unless you do what this thread does nothing will ever come of it.

If there was a rating system, this thread would have been much more concise.
    I don't know what this thread does other than making everyone cringe and get flashbacks to those wierd drama shows from TV which we used to like.

God Starmade forums have gotten cringy since I left.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So much drama in this community.

I was associated with Event Horizon, but i personally never broke any rules myself.

I came home from work one night, heard my facton mates being pissed over some dude who i never heard of, talking shit.

I log in, he is just talking random shit for no reason, complaining about "your ships are too big pls leave server"

He was being outright rude, we attacked him. (fully within our rights, as one of the server rules allowed for pirates. "We shal neither help not hinder pirates")

He got scared, held up on his invulnerable homebase, launched tons of drones.

Me in my hand made ship, didnt want to lose it. I dipped out. Then i crashed. logged back in, just an astronaut in space with no ship. i had the blueprint. Called it a night.

Logged back in the next day, My invulnerable homebase was being shot up and damaged by someone. With no ship to fight back with, i say fuck it. Log off.

Next day, im banned.
    Out of curiosity, do you really exist or are you an alt of an alt of an alt of someone else? You could be anyone saying anything. Apparently giving someone your account credentials to use is the norm so... I'm not trying to be rude, it's just your post count is so low (which is not comment on you, your posts or anything) and alt its seems to be a thing. Is part of the problem that no one can really trust anyone else?

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Event Horizon hates forums for the most part. I've been here 3+ years and I only have 120 messages. Most of them involving the server project I'm with. We only speak when we have to.

Reaction score
    I can attest, that is the real Shawn_Wood... a real person.
    Out of curiosity, do you really exist or are you an alt of an alt of an alt of someone else? You could be anyone saying anything. Apparently giving someone your account credentials to use is the norm so... I'm not trying to be rude, it's just your post count is so low (which is not comment on you, your posts or anything) and alt its seems to be a thing. Is part of the problem that no one can really trust anyone else?

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I would suggest we stop the conspiracy and mention of personal bans on this thread from this point onward. I just got issued two points for bringing this stuff up, don't have that happen to you.