So I just saw the Blackhawk evidence, truly shocking, unless you were a server admin. (+extra stuff)

After reading (or before because I know people will): Do you think I'm an @sshole?

• Total voters

Chckn Wildstyle

Design Head of Cabal Weapons/Technologies (CWT)
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Over the course of the last year, myself, Guthris, Osirus, Gorn, and several other former Shattered Skies admins have been lambasted for supposed abuse of power and favoritism. I bet everyone that jumped on the hate bandwagon is feeling a bit ashamed as of late. (I'll refrain from indirect character attacks for the rest of the post.)

The purpose of this is several messages to everyone who plays StarMade on multiplayer servers:
    1) Trusting anyone on the forums simply because they presented information first is a bad idea.
    2) Not reading all sides of an argument because of some sort of perceived personal gain is simply shooting yourself in the foot.
    3) Assuming because someone retorts with snide comments in response to an inflammatory post that they are wrong is a bad idea as some information is delivered through angry words.
    4) And finally: Server administrators and owners are people too and shouldn't be distrusted simply based on the fact that they are staff. People cry wolf, its life, use your brain.

I will also not address the attacks on myself and others made by a certain former member of the SS staff as there is no way to substantiate either side of the argument because it was mostly conducted verbally therefore it would only cause a flame war.

Odium and its offspring (which I will call OO here) have been in the cross-hairs of admins on servers for a long time now, mostly because when they joined another server and started causing a ruckus the admins of the new server would ask the other servers what to look out for. Most staff members were tipped off to the devious play styles of OO, however, there was always a hint of disbelief because OO was good at covering their tracks. That disbelief has been dispelled now using evidence and not just the intuition of server admins. It is nice to finally know that all of my, and others peoples' hunches have been correct. OO did have a few situations where players messed up and got caught, but they only learned from those mistakes and improved their plausible deniability strategy as they went. Note that we were not going out of our way to get them banned, or rather, most of use weren't. The fact that there were admins going out of their way to find things to ban them for is a discussion for another thread.

In summation, there was not an active witch hunt as some would like you to believe, or at least, not as bad.

On a personal note from me and Guthris, we both very much enjoyed the presence of OO on SS as it added spice to the normal incredibly boring and monotonous admin surveying. I hated to see them driven off, partially because of their own cheating, partially because of some witch hunting. I am a proponent of using exploits when they are not entirely game breaking, I don't have to specify as it is obvious what is game breaking. <(Guthris too)

The point is, admins knew what they were doing, we pretty much always have, I did not enjoy the rain of hatred on the forums :mad:, yet I still enjoyed their presence (them fighting was fun to watch). Though presence does not mean company, as some of their voices are so monotonous (I got to use that word twice now) one is hard pressed to not fall asleep when listening to them. You know who you are :)

The previous server owners do not have any part in this message, I did it of my own volition. The server owners for those who don't know were Dalmont, Raiben, Saber and Zyrenica. Whilst they did have to deal with this, they have chosen to remain silent on the matters as it is beneath them. (But I am just an internet troll who enjoys knowing things he probably shouldn't and being in control [JK about that last part, or am I? >:)] so I can post whatever I want.)

++++++++++++++++++++HERE'S WHERE THE EXTRA STUFF COMES IN+++++++++++++++++++++

I have some sensitive information about the Starbits conspiracy that will shed new levels of light on such a cloudy situation as is Starbits and NuclearDoughnut.
    Let's just say, both sides have some truths, and both sides have some lies.

I will give out this information in a post edit if enough interest is shown for it :)

TELL ALL FROM AN INSIDER PERSPECTIVE

There needs to be a little information given about Doughnut to start:
    -He was a server owner and probably is right now so he understands the importance of rules.
    -He has been helpful to anyone who asks advice of running a server.
    -He has no reason to break rules on any server as there is somewhat of an interserver comradeship between server owners and admins (at least the ones that are actually decent) and by doing something to break rules, you also break trust.
    -He told me his tale in private with no one else around, and as such would have no reason to lie.

There needs to be information given about Erth:
    -I reached out to him to explain the situation from a spectator's perspective and got no response at all. (A bit fishy)

Then there needs to be information given about Atheu, Napther, piannoknight, and the others I cannot remember by name.
    -I have had my differences with Atheu and Napther, this has nothing to do with past grievances.
    -Everyone in the group that committed the acts causing the conspiracy did it of their own volition without Doughnut pressuring them to do so. He may have been okay with them doing it, but he did not contribute.

So let's take it from the top:
    NuclearDoughnut was playing on the Starbits server for the purpose of pvp. He was banned by Erth for what seems to be an unsubstantiated offense. We have all read the Starbits forums with the appeal, I need not go into it (just go to the Starbits conspiracy thread for the links if you haven't). The only thing that could be deduced from the overall caginess of Starbits staff during this process and the very apparent chumminess between a player and Erth is that a favor was levied in the form of ND being banned. ND was none to happy about this and told the group he was playing with about the situation. The group was Atheu, Napther, piannoknight, and two others primarily which are unnecessary to name. This group took it upon themselves to get revenge for ND by trying to crash the Starbits server. They were not told by ND to do this. I know this information because I was interested in what was going on and wanted to be a fly on the wall so I normally sat in the TS channel they used. So I heard first hand their plans. The end plan was to rolling hard crash the server by means of simultaneous lag bomb detonations in key sectors of the server. Those sectors being: Spawn, a planet, and the last recorded sector admins logged out in. This would make the server irreparable from the inside as it would constantly lag the entire server and crash the admins that tried to log in, they would also not be able to come in on another admin enabled account as spawn would also be bombed. The group had neither the coordination nor the nerve to execute the plan correctly which led to the systematic banning as they were found out. However, I will confess that I gave them the know how to create a rolling hardcrash, partially because I wanted to see them fail, partially because I am a troll. I did not however, ever log onto the server to help directly. The members of this group knew that the chance of them being banned was high, and knew that what they were doing was wrong. All lag bombs set off and corresponding banned players were correctly identified as grief attempts by Erth.

I did not intervene because even though they were on my TS whilst executing the plan, Atheu, and Napther were both staff members and I was hoping they would realize that you don't do this to others.

So in summation:

ND is innocent and was wrongly banned due to favoritism from an admin.
    ND did not have anything to do with the lag attack.

Erth technically has the authority to ban whoever he wants, however, in doing so, breaks his own rules.

The group that led the lag attack was rightly banned for their actions as they were intentionally trying to crash the server.

Erth should not be condemned for the group's bans.

Last edited:

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    What so has Starmade become the Tabloids? Go home ChcknWildstyle you're more drunk than me.

I have made few public comments upon EH's Removal from Starbits. And I will continue to do so. In the EH Leadership we have moved on. Perhaps ChcknWildstyle you should be less of "Yesterday's News" and contribute to the community :).

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    What so has Starmade become the Tabloids? Go home ChcknWildstyle you're more drunk than me.

I have made few public comments upon EH's Removal from Starbits. And I will continue to do so. In the EH Leadership we have moved on. Perhaps ChcknWildstyle you should be less of "Yesterday's News" and contribute to the community :).
    In case you didn't notice, I made a fleet that got accepted in the contest, so I think I have contributed a bit to the community :).

Plus, you aren't even going to be in negative light if I say anything :P.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Interesting to see an admins perspective on this. Was it easy to find them cheating, or are you just like the rest of us and assume it?

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I did notice. My build style doesn't fit schema's designs.

At this point if anything it would give certain people in EH closure if you have evidence of anything.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Odium being full of exploiters doesn't change the fact that you were a garbage admin.

Reactions: jorgekorke

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Interesting to see an admins perspective on this. Was it easy to find them cheating, or are you just like the rest of us and assume it?
    Certain individuals that were less skilled in the art of deception were fairly easy to spot and gain concrete proof of, i.e. Komotadik. The others simply had incredibly suspicious supplies of resources within hours of joining the server, as in almost 2 weeks straight worth of mining in a single trip within the day of them starting. We never had proof of it so we couldn't do anything about it under our rules (innocent until proven guilty). But we all knew what they were doing. If only the logs were helpful :/
    [doublepost=1470703935,1470703859][/doublepost]
    I did notice. My build style doesn't fit schema's designs.

At this point if anything it would give certain people in EH closure if you have evidence of anything.
    I don't know what EH is :P. I'll probably edit the post to have the details explained in the next day or so. I don't want that to detract from the main message of the post.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Certain individuals that were less skilled in the art of deception were fairly easy to spot and gain concrete proof of, i.e. Komotadik. The others simply had incredibly suspicious supplies of resources within hours of joining the server, as in almost 2 weeks straight worth of mining in a single trip within the day of them starting. We never had proof of it so we couldn't do anything about it under our rules (innocent until proven guilty). But we all knew what they were doing. If only the logs were helpful :/
    Oh is that why he was banned from the start?

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    EH- Event Horizon- My Long standing faction since Before the Odium Pact was Founded. Were members of the pact for a time and then left. The group that was blanket removed from Starbits...

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Odium being full of exploiters doesn't change the fact that you were a garbage admin.
    Give me instances of being a bad admin and what I did wrong and I will apologize for it. I don't entirely remember anything that I did wrong, I was simply being completely by the book to the very letter, that may come across as harsh, but that's me.
    [doublepost=1470704109,1470704076][/doublepost]
    Oh is that why he was banned from the start?
    Yep
    [doublepost=1470704351][/doublepost]
    EH- Event Horizon- My Long standing faction since Before the Odium Pact was Founded. Were members of the pact for a time and then left. The group that was blanket removed from Starbits...
    Ahh okay, I'm gonna be unbiased in my reporting, so everyone that was in the wrong is gonna be told. You aren't one of them though so don't worry.

From one admin to another, I have nothing but respect for you, which is part of the reason why I want some shady things to be clarified.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Give me instances of being a bad admin and what I did wrong and I will apologize for it. I don't entirely remember anything that I did wrong, I was simply being completely by the book to the very letter, that may come across as harsh, but that's me.
    Wow, let's see. How about you and your fellow admins using the magnet dock exploit to steal starter ships from freshspawns while playing on alts? How about screeching about how you were going to disqualify people from B&S for daring to move a few meters to the side to get out of bounding box collision lag? How about doing things like spawning pirate stations next to random people's stations? And, of course, your badmin activities in the Vaygr/Imperium war. I'm sure one of them can elaborate further if they please.

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Wow, let's see. How about you and your fellow admins using the magnet dock exploit to steal starter ships from freshspawns while playing on alts? How about screeching about how you were going to disqualify people from B&S for daring to move a few meters to the side to get out of bounding box collision lag? How about doing things like spawning pirate stations next to random people's stations? And, of course, your badmin activities in the Vaygr/Imperium war. I'm sure one of them can elaborate further if they please.
    1) The magnet docking exploit that I used on my survival only account was just that, an exploit. I have already said in my original post that I do not find wrong doing in using non game breaking exploits. Also, when I was told to stop by Zyrenica, the server owner, I did. Just because I was clever with the use of the starter ship on an account without admin privileges doesn't make me a bad admin. Also, are you really complaining about an exploit? Really?

2) I have said this again and again: I laid out clear rules saying: DO NOTHING WHEN I TELEPORT YOU. I was going to use admin commands to rectify all collisions without the need of player assistance. When one player decides he is above the rules and there is no action taken, then others will follow, you know this, or at least you should. I had to raise my voice when players decided to start talking in several conversations simultaneously after I had just said not to speak. The simple fix, follow the rules of the moderating admin who is also in charge of basically the entire event's running.

3) I am sorry for doing this, I was testing out a pirate event which was obviously not balanced and was not as simple to understand as I thought. I went by kilometer ranges and not sector ranges when placing the stations, little did I know, stations that are spawned in have a tendency to float towards the center of the sector (bugfix please). There was also a 48 hour leadup that I had on a timer before I started spawning in said stations, which unfortunately, the faction was unaware of. I made changes to the event so that this would never happen again, and guess what, it didn't. On top of that, why are you even bringing this up? I already had a very long conversation with the faction and its leaders in which I apologized for my badly executed event and reimbursed them all the resources that were lost. This matter has been solved for months and was never brought up, except by you and your affiliates, again.

4) If you are referring to the time where my ship was almost invincible because they were only using missiles to attack me during a server bug that stopped missiles from working then, well, I just told you what happened. None of those players who went against me ever got a "you cannot damage a player in godmode message"; to clarify, that was their claim, me using godmode. Firstly, I proved to them afterwards that I didn't use it, secondly, I would not do it because that would be breaking admin rules, thirdly, I would not do it because it would be breaking the very rules I made for the event. If that is not what you are talking about, please refresh me.

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    How about being "rumple" on SS and griefing players, spawn camping them, being a bigot in chat, threatening them (as rumple and as an admin - both in game and outside of it) and generally being a waste of oxygen, as well as admitting you are in fatc a toxic personality that enjoys and gets off on this kind of behavior.

too much speed in your system that night maybe?! I think so.

Quit trying to cover up your actions - and those of guthris, and your other cohorts.
    [doublepost=1470711639,1470711409][/doublepost]in addition, I can quote you as stating "i dont like drama" yet, here you are creating it. again. think on that.

Reactions: Lecic

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    How about being "rumple" on SS and griefing players, spawn camping them, being a bigot in chat, threatening them (as rumple and as an admin - both in game and outside of it) and generally being a waste of oxygen, as well as admitting you are in fatc a toxic personality that enjoys and gets off on this kind of behavior.

too much speed in your system that night maybe?! I think so.

Quit trying to cover up your actions - and those of guthris, and your other cohorts.
    Please be more specific instead of making general statements I have to grasp at.

I never said I was toxic, I said I was a troll. Those are not always the same thing, and if you think otherwise, you should probably find another outlet for your time than the internet.
    [doublepost=1470711893,1470711756][/doublepost]
    [doublepost=1470711639,1470711409][/doublepost]in addition, I can quote you as stating "i dont like drama" yet, here you are creating it. again. think on that.
    Please give proof because I don't remember saying that. Maybe the server owners did, but I never said I didn't like it. Its one of the few reasons I enjoy the forums. Then again, if I did say that, I'm a better troll than I thought ;).

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Please be more specific instead of making general statements I have to grasp at.

I never said I was toxic, I said I was a troll. Those are not always the same thing, and if you think otherwise, you should probably find another outlet for your time than the internet.

Actully, you did say you were a toxic personality (remember - the night you, guthris and... well, several other names ill have to look into my screns folder to check on from the admin team - and one from a major faction I believe) attempted to raid my HB on SS.

Remember that?

You know - that night.

I dont have to be specific here, you have a bad rep as a badmin because you are one - anybody who hasnt put up with your childish aproach to things knows that. My dead dad knows that.

DOGS IN THE STREET KNOW YOU ARE A BADMIN.

Deal with it.

Chckn Wildstyle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Actully, you did say you were a toxic personality (remember - the night you, guthris and... well, several other names ill have to look into my screns folder to check on from the admin team - and one from a major faction I believe) attempted to raid my HB on SS.

Remember that?

You know - that night.

I dont have to be specific here, you have a bad rep as a badmin because you are one - anybody who hasnt put up with your childish aproach to things knows that. My dead dad knows that.

DOGS IN THE STREET KNOW YOU ARE A BADMIN.

Deal with it.
    Character assassinations are harder to pull off when you assassinate your own good character in the process ;). Try a little harder to remain cordial next time.

I'm getting the vibe that I offended you some time ago, I can't remember very much about your existence so please refresh me if my assumption is right.

Saying you don't have to be specific because 'muh narrative' is also not a good way to present yourself either.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Wow off to a good start, i really love these things (really, sometimes really, kind of)