Snataris Colonial Fleetyards - NEW: HoloSuite Ultimate Edition

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    very clean, very smooth, and oh god... that door... they are beautifull. I think that i find here my inspiration. Nice work.

Reaction score
    EDIT: New door color scheme!
    GREY + Decorative Server = Interior doors. Open automatically when approached.
    BLUE + Decorative Panel = Transporter doors. Open only when transporter ready.
    RED + Decorative Screen (Red) = Security doors. Used as airlock or access control.

New interior door design!

It has already been applied to every elevator floor level.

Awesome!
    we definitely need a "shhhh" sound block for those sliding doors!

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh yes please!

My inspiration for the doors and parts of the interior design on that ship is the Endar Spire (from Star Wars KotOR). It really felt like a durable warship with minimal texturing, quite perfect to recreate in starmade.

Now with rails it is actually possible to have two wedges occupy the same block - makes alot of door and machinery detailing on a small scale possible all of sudden.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is only the deadbolt mechanism of what will be a heavy armored vault door in the future!
    (The middle part is not going to stay empty)

I was listening to some music while watching this Gif, can help but see lots of little dancing feet now XD

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This is only the deadbolt mechanism of what will be a heavy armored vault door in the future!
    (The middle part is not going to stay empty)

Fallout 4 hype is too real!

Reaction score
    EDIT: New door color scheme!
    GREY + Decorative Server = Interior doors. Open automatically when approached.
    BLUE + Decorative Panel = Transporter doors. Open only when transporter ready.
    RED + Decorative Screen (Red) = Security doors. Used as airlock or access control.

New interior door design!

It has already been applied to every elevator floor level.

I thought I was really original with that hallway/door design! I ended up doing almost the exact same style as you, same colours and everything! Now I'll have to change it all up haha, anyway... That logic for the elevator looks quite compact, what sort of fail safes or redundancies have you wired in, if at all?

My own elevator is a big mess of logic wires haha!

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Redundancies? Well you cannot possibly screw it up with user input (fully failsafe), but if anything gets destroyed, you have a problem :)

NEW MANIFESTO: SCF Shipyards cannot into large ships. Because I want to finish something sometime, I have decided to work on the successor of the procyon frigate! Here is an incomplete hull concept:

When complete, it will offer what procyon users have come to hopefully like about the predecessor - a strong focus on alpha and assault weaponry, while at the same time employing considerably better defenses than the slim predecessor could offer. Thick advanced armor plating and a substantially higher shield count will result in slightly larger dimensions. An obnoxious amount of point defense turrets will take care of missiles during the first half of battle, while the available RP interior will be extended over multiple decks.

Last edited:

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Progress has been made!

1. Continued with the raw hull concept.

2. Began work on 6 interior decks, connected them with SCF elevator technology. All crew, computer and core areas are armored with at least 3 1000EHP blocks in any direction, including the observation post / command bridge. The interior is behind the elevator shown in this image and about 50% done. What you see here is the reactor chamber before it was completed.

3. Installed a crapton of rails doors - 20 cores and counting just for doors number rapidly growing.

4. Pictures from the new command bridge:

5. Installed a reactor room - based on gimbals, beacons and damage beams

(GIF is accelerated)

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Your reactor looks like if someone just sneezed the whole place would get vaporized.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Your reactor looks like if someone just sneezed the whole place would get vaporized.
    Rapidly accessible escape pods for the crew (and extremely rapidly accessible escape pods for the officers) are a requirement on any ship fielding an experimental entropy cascade reactor core. Smoking prohibited.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The crew when reactor is sneezed on.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    So very nice, you can almost feel the weight of the doors. Did you ever finish that multi-segment circular door btw?

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The circular vault door so far is still half-finished as I started to work on an actual ship again soon after, and it can't fit there. It is not abandoned at all though, because a vault door is a must have during intergalactic thermonuclear war :)

EDIT: Have a peek at the interior planning (lots missing yet)

And the hangar! (probably not finished, and most of all the shuttles are still missing)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I'm REALLY curious about how the wiring works. I always thought my setup was compact already, but this looks almost too good. Does it disable the call buttons when the elevator is in use?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!

(GIF is accelerated)
    It would be funny if an enemy torch beamed into here and ended up getting fried by the reactor. :D You should have a button that activates a thermal meltdown, blowing up the core first, sending red missiles down the hallways, and then blowing up the ship in chunks!

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm REALLY curious about how the wiring works. I always thought my setup was compact already, but this looks almost too good. Does it disable the call buttons when the elevator is in use?
    It'll be featured in the ship when it gets (eventually! ;)) released. When another call button is pressed, it currently overrides where the elevator is going. It would not be that hard to make it block the buttons when already in use, though.

It would be funny if an enemy torch beamed into here and ended up getting fried by the reactor. :D You should have a button that activates a thermal meltdown, blowing up the core first, sending red missiles down the hallways, and then blowing up the ship in chunks!
    A core meltdown is extremely awesome - I might limit it to just the missiles though. After all, warheads on the ship would defeat the purpose of the thick armor. The missiles would make it possible to kill any and all living targets though while preserving the ship.

Reactions: kiddan