Snataris Colonial Fleetyards - NEW: HoloSuite Ultimate Edition

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    SNATARIS COLONIAL FLEET

Greetings from the Snataris Colonial Fleet Shipyards and Enginering! You will find the most recent projects on the last pages of this thread. SCF has produced the following in the past:

- Finished ships
    - Turret modules
    - Templates (modular interior and logic)
    - Drone technology inspired by keptick
    - Design studies

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Oh my... That's one smexy ship! (with smexy drones :P)

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thanks :D Front and stern are unfinished yet, there is more to see in the future. However, as of now, all turrets have been added! One of the STS Cannon/Cannon/PT turrets was replaced and a whole four large missile turrets added. Turret coverage all around!

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    EDIT: partially outdated content

Here be the refined version of the vertical launch nuke turret! Meet the SCF MB-880 MkII! Now includes nuclear warning symbol. Does rather massive damage if it gets to hit the hull; also has enough shields (and will be placed in a more protected location in the future) to not fall to the first wave of bombers.

New naming schedule for SCF produced turrets: {C,B,M,P}{C,B,M,P}<{i,e,p,pc}>-<mass> <version>
    The first two letters are the master/slave system, then (optional) i for ion, e for explosive, p for punch-through and pc for piercing are added (more options when I create turrets with other effects). Then follows the mass of the turret to get a good estimate of it's power and space requirements.

Three of these (old value: four) will be installed on the ship; I have scrapped one large hardpoint in favor of more smaller hardpoints for point defense turrets.

The smaller brother (here seen already implemented) is the MB-180 version - ideal for sniping isanths or assisting in the destruction of hull, although they pack far less of a punch than the MB-880.

Also, more progress is being made on the hull coherence pass (front part of ship)
    Note: the exterior of the ship is not finalized in many places yet

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Those escape pods can also probably be used to distract heat seekers if you launch them in time. That's really awesome stuff!!

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There are only 3 actual escape pods for the crew (as they are protected, embedded in visual interior and easily reachable), but the 24 drones will get the distraction job done easily :D
    Wouldn't recommend escaping in one of the combat drones though - they aren't that fast as the AI can't make use of extreme acceleration anyways :p

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Now if I had gigantic tons of free time, I would write a java blueprint parser + included renderer to automatically create these images from any blueprint file. This is sadly not an option for the time being, so manual editing it is.

Maybe one day Ill come up with a java/openGL- based tool, although no promises :)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Now if I had gigantic tons of free time, I would write a java blueprint parser + included renderer to automatically create these images from any blueprint file. This is sadly not an option for the time being, so manual editing it is.

Maybe one day Ill come up with a java/openGL- based tool, although no promises :)
    @blackcancer already made such a rendering tool. I don't know the link by heart though. Just look in the "Third party software" subforum of the mod forum ;)

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You may like the fact a cruiser/battleship variant of the procyon is in the pipeline :D

Reactions: Creeper__God
    Reaction score
    The new Procyon is amazing, still resembling the old one but one can see the >assault< upgrade. ... and i will probably steal borrow your engine design ;)
    Can't wait for that cruiser :)

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The assault upgrade was also meant to bring the procyon closer to the larger planned ships in design. Fleet coherence is worth the effort :)

Also, this automated little fellow:

Reactions: Megacrafter127

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The assault upgrade was also meant to bring the procyon closer to the larger planned ships in design. Fleet coherence is worth the effort :)

Also, this automated little fellow:
    Does this use push effect? Amazing. I wish I invented that :p

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes, yes it does :D
    Mine while you watch netflix or something. This is the future.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Sounds about like EVE mining. A very bad idea in space not expressly controlled by friendly fleets, and even then.

I'd probably do it anyway. :P