Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I want that personally thank everyone for all of their support for SMEdit, and I apologize to anyone who had questions that I didn't personally replay to you, or try to help with your issues. Some of this has been issues that I have answered so many times that not taking the time to read past reported issues causes me to say the same thing over and over, and I was starting to get a bit burnt out for it.

We have been waiting on game file information from schema, and from what I understand he has now provided that so that we can start to look into what needs to be done to bring smedit up to speed . No this isn't going to be an afternoon quick fix that I can whip up in a day. Please be patient with us as we have to figure out what all of our files need to be changed to meet the new blueprint math for tag data and other stuff that gets put into a blueprint when the game makes them. So we have to come up with a plan of action that will get us up and going with what all we need to do.

At this time I can not give an ETA or even a projected idea as to how long this might take. I will do my best to keep you guys here at starmadedock.net up to date as to how it is going, and gleefully announce when we have it completed and ready for all your blueprint editing needs.

I will also be looking into our application running on mac and Linux pcs, and do my best to resolve those issues as well.

Thanks to schema for providing this information for us to use and again thanks to the community here for being so understanding for the situation at hand.

Bobbybighoof, project leader
    SMEdit, smedit.co

Reactions: e4278
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This is some great news indeed! Big thanks Bobby Bighoof for taking the time for the rest of us (and to Schema for supplying the needed code).

This is a great tool for editing your ships in and I miss it's full functionality very much. Being able to quickly recolour a ship was a godsend.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    copy and paste didnt work when this "SMEdit Classic" was first released and still doesn't work now... there goes SMEdit's usefulness. could have at least left us with the old version that actually worked.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Guess what - I have been doing lots with Smedit again and the first tutorial is up soon :D

Can Confirm all is working as far my devices require :D

thanks Bobby Bighoof !

Reaction score
    Guess what - I have been doing lots with Smedit again and the first tutorial is up soon :D

thanks Bobby Bighoof !
    Hey Tomino! Nice videos! ;) can you give me the download link of the working SMEdit? And when will your video will be ou? :)

Reaction score
    Just want to say, thanks for all your work. ;)
    I am getting the following error with my ship.
    • file := E:\My Documents\3D\ShipTest.obj
    • longestDimension := 30
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at jo.sm.data.UndoBuffer.checkpoint(UndoBuffer.java:57)
    at jo.sm.ui.act.plugin.BlocksPluginAction$1.run(BlocksPluginAction.java:83)
    at jo.sm.logic.RunnableLogic$1.run(RunnableLogic.java:37)

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2

thanks Bobby Bighoof !
    Thanks Tomino :) always glad to have your support.

Just want to say, thanks for all your work. ;)
    I am getting the following error with my ship.
    • file := E:\My Documents\3D\ShipTest.obj
    • longestDimension := 30
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at jo.sm.data.UndoBuffer.checkpoint(UndoBuffer.java:57)
    at jo.sm.ui.act.plugin.BlocksPluginAction$1.run(BlocksPluginAction.java:83)
    at jo.sm.logic.RunnableLogic$1.run(RunnableLogic.java:37)
    looks like something is not right with the .obj file. You can email ,e the file at [email protected] and I can test it for you and let you know what I come up with.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Does SMEdit still work or is it just me? I can't seem to load any .SMENT files or read blueprints.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Does SMEdit still work or is it just me? I can't seem to load any .SMENT files or read blueprints.
    I only ever used it for obj/schematic conversions and such - i have never used it to modify and existing ship blueprint

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Since the change in formats for BP's, SMedit cant load them. It can save to the old format, but hasnt been updated for the new one.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Still waiting for the day that SMEdit can alter current BPs, I've got a station facing the wrong way I've been meaning to fix for months now.

Reaction score
    I don't know what I have done wrong but I lost my working SMEdit and now I cant find any of the jar files needed to reinstall

But I love the work you done til now keep it up I juat wait for next edition to come out

so whats next on the list a galaxy editor lol

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I hope that when the program is updated I can use it to move a ship's core.

Reaction score
    Is SMedit dead? Not been anything posted in months by those working on it, either here or on the official site from what I can see.
    Last post there seems to of been around January this year.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Is SMedit dead? Not been anything posted in months by those working on it, either here or on the official site from what I can see.
    Last post there seems to of been around January this year.

It most certainly isn't. Bobby has been hard at work getting SMEDIT 2 to a level of usable standard.

These projects take so much time. It took three years for this game to get where it is now and its gonna take some time to get SMEDIT all fixed up and working for the latest builds.