Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    SMEdit

SMEdit version 1.03.91 out for download.

The new SMEdit starter jar is out, and I want to thank everyone for their support over the past few weeks as I have familiarized myself with some of the framework of this application, and for their continued support as the StarMade mods flag ship app continues to grow.

(folder locations)
    We have moved the main load location of SMEdit to load and deposit all its files / recourses from inside a main SMEdit folder now located inside of "StarMade/their-party". So if you need to find it for screenshots or what not that is where it located at now and will remain unless Schema tells us we should load that from somewhere else. ALL of the main SMEdit folders and files are located inside of third-party folder.

(Support updates)
    The new version controlled Smedit.jar can now be downloaded from the new support forums where we are building a stable and secure support community where people can share SMEdit made blueprint projects 3D meshes and soon to be released independent plug in support, as well as the usual feature request and bug reports.

(github source link)
    Here is the uptodate source and link to the project's github location
    GitHub - StarMade/SMEdit: New re-coded SMEdit.

HERE is the download link to the SMEdit
    Here is the file location here on starmadedock.net
    SMEdit

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well Done Mate. Let me know and I'll throw down the Promotion Switch :D
    This is a hot fix, and you can put it out there that there is one, but to be honest I would rather rebuild this project another way. I have started up a google code for it and will look into moving the code in the direction of rebuilding this another way.

http://code.google.com/p/smedit2/

on that svn I will provide all the source provided by the original developer, any plug in development others would like to help provide, and start to build a new version. For now the hot fix is all the community honestly needed. I will finish off the ability for the SMEdit Classic to work with new entities and blueprints then start on the new code for basically a version 2

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Someone is remaking it one thread down. Ask em if you can join em

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Someone is remaking it one thread down. Ask em if you can join em
    No thanks I haven't seen any thing from them other than a jump on "hey I will do it" and a post after I already declared in this thread that I do have plans to work on a version 2 of this development.

I will be posting a layout of plans for this development later today including screen shots diagrams and topics on a ton of new features planned and in the works already. As well as what and where the existing code should go from where it already is as far as clean up and break up of the code and folder structure use to better work for the user. So if they want to join me, they are welcome to.

Reactions: levest28

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Oooh so its a contest. Who can make a better SMEdit?

"Grabs Popcorn"

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Oooh so its a contest. Who can make a better SMEdit?

"Grabs Popcorn"
    "Contest" implies someone is competing. I don't compete. I just do what needs to be done.

I stayed on the side lines on the topic until it seemed more than dire. No one grabbed the flag and simply even provided a hot fix for the users to still be able to use the old SMEdit client on the new game code. So now I am in this.

I did put out a hot fix for it, and that led me to not only look at the code to modify it but also to see exactly what it was. I had not even done that before I did the hot fix. So now I see what the code is, and I see just exactly the direction this should go from here. I am more than able to do it so I will. For me there is no in between. I started it that in itself implied that I was willing to do more than just some quick hot fix for it.

Keep in mind no one replied to this post and indicated that they were interested in working with what I was doing.

In reality the simple hot fix I have done and provided here was less than an hours worth of work. So the real question is since the new game update over a month ago, why had no one even done what I have done here to help keep this project going? The original developer has made it perfectly clear that anyone could patch it. So honestly what has been the problem?

Well I'm here now looking into it and that is all I can say. I know we need the program. It was and is a great boon to the StarMade users, and it should be developed and continued.

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Update to the Original post to reflect the changes to the "SEMedit_Classic" that I put out. The client is back compatible with JRE 7 for those who were not interested in or could not upgrade their JRE for what ever reason.

Enjoy :)
    Bobbybighoof

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    yo! ,hey man thanks! I am very much interested in a new smedit that works with the new code, :) I appreciate your work sir! /salute

Reactions: Bobby Bighoof
    Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Fix so that all plugins work as they were on the new game source for old blueprints.

New entity and blueprint math is about 50% done.

Will add auto run for more memory for those interested. This means I will put out a version for those who want to run the application on more memory. Ether a default set for maybe 3 gigs and 4 gigs or an option window so you can set the amount yourself.

memory work has already been added but basicallyy pre sets the application to 1 gig memory. (the old making of bat and sh files to change the memory will no longer work on the application.) This needs Mac and Linux user testing. So if you are Mac or Linux user please post back and let me know that the application runs ok and the icon at the top of the application shows up. Did the best I could from my head on that so let me know.

Old users of the now "SMEdit_Classic" should download a fresh copy of the download to insure you get all the new changes.

Last edited:

Targaryen

Deathbringer
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    very good that finally someone is on it, I can not wait until you do this

Reaction score
    hey btw awesome work however today something seems to have happened i cant save any blueprints it just hangs and fails to load edit peramiters also ive just ugraded my system to windows 8.1 shud this affect? also is there anyway yet on improving the memory settings from 1gb to higher on windows yet ? thanks alot for your time spent implementing the hot fix for everyone since im quite new only learnt about smedit couple of days ago and was gutted no longer worked!

Reaction score
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    hey btw awesome work however today something seems to have happened i cant save any blueprints it just hangs and fails to load edit peramiters also ive just ugraded my system to windows 8.1 shud this affect? also is there anyway yet on improving the memory settings from 1gb to higher on windows yet ? thanks alot for your time spent implementing the hot fix for everyone since im quite new only learnt about smedit couple of days ago and was gutted no longer worked!

More than likely you did something that included the newly added blocks "Tetra" and "Penta" blocks. That is the only thing that would prevent the app from saving the file.

I still need more testing with windows 8 to insure the app can work with that os at this time. I will look into it and get back to you if it was a os issue. Try working with the blueprint again without doing anything with the new blocks.