Shield Helicarrier Project. (wip)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Looks like it needs some wedges, xD. But that may just be the scale messing with me. Nice. So... when you get this done, will it crash a modest computer running an LAN server for 2 players?
    Lol, I want one.
    Yes it will need wedges but with a lady of this size wedges were the last thing to worry about :-D .....maybe after she is completed she can be tidied up but I would need a workforce of hull platers to do it... I am working on this on my own.

It will probably only crash a modest computer if you get attacked by pirates as they have still not sorted out the limits on large AI turrets turning, The ai still tries to turn beyond physical restrictions causing massive lag.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yes it will need wedges but with a lady of this size wedges were the last thing to worry about :-D .....maybe after she is completed she can be tidied up but I would need a workforce of hull platers to do it... I am working on this on my own.
    i would love to help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    wasted a day making an express elevator that goes up the inside of the radar tower, 6 floors in total.... wasn't happy with the multifloor elevators I had seen because they were too slow, managed to make a system that is much faster and very easy to expand. Will make a video of it one day :-D Anyway, the tower has a radar ball attached and aerials and lights so it don't get flown into & a walkway around the bottom of the radar dome, elevator comes up inside dome. :-D

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Here is a video showing one of my "Express lift" (elevator) designs that I am putting on the helicarrier, it has automatic doors that only open when the lift stops at that floor and are closed all other times.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Here is my Finished Multipod storage & ship to dock/dock to ship unit that is all remotely operated from a control room, no one needed in any cores to move stuff around. Logic was fun creating and trying to get it optimised and foolproof was a challenge, Thanks to all who suggested ideas etc Enjoy!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That is absolutely amazing, and definitely deserves it's own post.

However, and don't be offended by this, the build doesn't really look very good. Which is kind of a shame, because the mechanism behind it is so unbelievably cool.

Reaction score
    The reason this doesn't look good yet is because it isn't finished... It is like many other things a Work In Progress. My brother was a little premature putting it out there but why not he is rightfully proud of the logic system and deservedly so. He spent 3 days building it and I spent 30 minutes breaking it so he could fix it all over again! Hopefully by the time I am done dressing it, it will be proud of its insides and outsides!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is absolutely amazing, and definitely deserves it's own post.

However, and don't be offended by this, the build doesn't really look very good. Which is kind of a shame, because the mechanism behind it is so unbelievably cool.
    All the wiring and stuff was left uncovered and no building work around it all so it could be viewed for the video.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463506613,1463506519][/DOUBLEPOST]Today I spent a few hours on the Helicarrier planning the Jets and rear end and filling in some of the area around the rear rotors just basic ATM all the detail will come after I am happy with the body shape at the rear.

Reaction score
    All the wiring and stuff was left uncovered and no building work around it all so it could be viewed for the video.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1463506613,1463506519][/DOUBLEPOST]Today I spent a few hours on the Helicarrier planning the Jets and rear end and filling in some of the area around the rear rotors just basic ATM all the detail will come after I am happy with the body shape at the rear.

....... Amazeballs

I can't wait to see how it turns out when you start doing the details around the props :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    had a major disaster, not saved blueprint of my helicarrier since April 24th and yesterday server crashed and we cant recover it.

All the work I have done since the 24thApril was wasted as I have now lost it. OH man I am really peed off now..... I am ready to give up, my own fault for not saving but GAHHHHHHH!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Does that include the cargo pod logic-pocalypse?
    Lol nope I still got that, I blueprinted it. Sadly though all the work on the Control tower and rear end has gone now, really annoyed. Need a break from this again its getting to me.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    had a major disaster, not saved blueprint of my helicarrier since April 24th and yesterday server crashed and we cant recover it.

All the work I have done since the 24thApril was wasted as I have now lost it. OH man I am really peed off now..... I am ready to give up, my own fault for not saving but GAHHHHHHH!
    Send me the universe, it's possible to rescue entities, although I'll only get the carrier because I'm too lazy to get and redock docked stuff ^_^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Send me the universe, it's possible to rescue entities, although I'll only get the carrier because I'm too lazy to get and redock docked stuff ^_^
    Thanks for the offer Rimmer, I already managed to get the Blockwork back by renaming the .SMD2 files but all my docked entities were not on it and it has a lot of guns, all the logic was unconnected etc so I did a copy paste of the Control tower area and pasted it onto my earlier version that had all the guns and logic working, seems like best I can do and slap myself about abit for not BP saving :-D I want to redo her rear end where I started the engines as I wasn't 100% happy with it so it will all be okay in the end .