(Shader mods) Bearish's Super Mega Mod Thread of Doom

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    No problem Bear, I'll definitely have to check this out, may make a video for you if you want. =)

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    A video would probably help a lot, but that wasn't on my mind when I made the post at 5AM. :/
    (*cough cough* *nudge nudge* @Zanaten)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I've tried this on a couple different builds and I get this every time:

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    've tried this on a couple different builds and I get this every time:

Terribly sorry, slight oversight on my end! (This is why I shouldn't post resources at 5 AM.)
    But please note that the crash only should happen when normal mapping is turned off.
    The mod requires normal mapping to be turned on to work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Oh yeah mine's probably off. My bad there. I never had any reason to turn it on before.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    i love this mod, but now that you see stars from further away, they go from bloom stars into fiery balls stars upon crossing into the star system boundaries. i love my fiery balls and would love them fiery even from far away!

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i love this mod, but now that you see stars from further away, they go from bloom stars into fiery balls stars upon crossing into the star system boundaries. i love my fiery balls and would love them fiery even from far away!
    Sadly, I cannot change to what my shader is applied. As in, my shader will only be "used" on objects defined by the game itself, and as I cannot change that, there's nothing I can do.
    I will, however, try to update it to use the new colours in the near future.

Reaction score
    • Railman
    • Wired for Logic
    Many thanks for your reply, BearishMushroom. The new star hues appear to already be applied to FBOF, and look fantastic with the existing mod download!

The distant stars appear static to me: I will look into the texture files and see if there's a way to get the distant stars to look more like FBOFs. If I develop anything useful, I'll let you know, if you like what you see, you'd be welcome to incorporate it into the mod download if you wish.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    You rock! Anything planned for the future? Boomier Booms? Bangier Bangs? Thrustier thrusts? How about Sittier Sits? lol =P