(Shader mods) Bearish's Super Mega Mod Thread of Doom

Reaction score
    Mods=gods.
    I strongly believe that mods, and mod support within a game, are some of the most valuable things a game can have. They can turn a good game, or even a mediocre game, into a great game. And they can turn a great game into one of the greatest games of all time.
    As far as large game development studios go, my favorite right now is probably Bethesda Game Studios. (Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios are not the exact same thing; the former is the publisher half, the latter is the developer half.) I consider Todd Howard to be one of my role models. While the games they make are great in their own right, through their extensive mod support and massive modding community/communities they become astoundingly wonderful, and easily among my favorite games of all time. I have easily clocked over 500 hours into Skyrim, and that was just with my first two characters, though I've had a bit less free time lately. Speaking of which, I need to revisit Skyrim sometime soon.... (Back to Tamriel! Though that's actually about ESO.)

Even more so, with each new game they make they produce a more refined and compelling product. (Also often needing fewer mods to things like user interface, character appearances or basic game mechanics because the ones they have in the vanilla product are much better designed.) Their games, when mixed with the brilliance of the Elder Scrolls/Fallout modding community, are truly astounding. Their freedom, depth, compelling worlds, opportunities to change the world around you, immersive experiences, roleplaying potential and unparalleled replay value from their freeform nature and the endless passion of their modding communities, are many of the things I strive for most as a game developer. :)

I've been an avid modder myself, and I still make personal mods for games in the free time I have. This passion for modding I have extends to StarMade as well; I will do everything I can to encourage modding for StarMade, both in the form of modding support in the game and cultivating the modding community.

Speaking of which, fantastic work, grand Sir Fungus of the Bearish variety! :D I've always thought the suns/stars looked strange. (And could use some drastic alteration to their implementation as well.) That gorgeous fiery ball seems much more fitting, though I have to admit it may not entirely make sense visually considering just how bright those things really are, haha. :D But eh, Rule of Cool.

Reaction score
    I strongly believe that mods, and mod support within a game, are some of the most valuable things a game can have. They can turn a good game, or even a mediocre game, into a great game. And they can turn a great game into one of the greatest games of all time.
    As far as large game development studios go, my favorite right now is probably Bethesda Game Studios. (Bethesda Softworks and Bethesda Game Studios are not the exact same thing; the former is the publisher half, the latter is the developer half.) I consider Todd Howard to be one of my role models. While the games they make are great in their own right, through their extensive mod support and massive modding community/communities they become astoundingly wonderful, and easily among my favorite games of all time. I have easily clocked over 500 hours into Skyrim, and that was just with my first two characters, though I've had a bit less free time lately. Speaking of which, I need to revisit Skyrim sometime soon.... (Back to Tamriel! Though that's actually about ESO.)

Even more so, with each new game they make they produce a more refined and compelling product. (Also often needing fewer mods to things like user interface, character appearances or basic game mechanics because the ones they have in the vanilla product are much better designed.) Their games, when mixed with the brilliance of the Elder Scrolls/Fallout modding community, are truly astounding. Their freedom, depth, compelling worlds, opportunities to change the world around you, immersive experiences, roleplaying potential and unparalleled replay value from their freeform nature and the endless passion of their modding communities, are many of the things I strive for most as a game developer. :)

I've been an avid modder myself, and I still make personal mods for games in the free time I have. This passion for modding I have extends to StarMade as well; I will do everything I can to encourage modding for StarMade, both in the form of modding support in the game and cultivating the modding community.

Speaking of which, fantastic work, grand Sir Fungus of the Bearish variety! :D I've always thought the suns/stars looked strange. (And could use some drastic alteration to their implementation as well.) That gorgeous fiery ball seems much more fitting, though I have to admit it may not entirely make sense visually considering just how bright those things really are, haha. :D But eh, Rule of Cool.
    So true, modding games is the sole reason I switched from console to PC, I get at least 30+ hours MINIMUM more out of a game once I find how to get it its configs and once I find a decent site.

Skyrim and Fallout are prime examples of what a modders dream looks like: Easy access to config files, beautiful and easy to use yet complex SDK (Not sure if it was official but it looked like it) Built in Mod API and trainloads of modding opportunity and potential. My personal favourite? Changing the shotgun in FO3 to shoot multiple dogs.

Why get DLC when you can make your own? Also, if you're an avid modder I do hope you'll give us some more mods for SM. At least the ideas you weren't allowed to make canon, as you're a Schine dev. Chairs would be nice :)

Reaction score
    So true, modding games is the sole reason I switched from console to PC, I get at least 30+ hours MINIMUM more out of a game once I find how to get it its configs and once I find a decent site.

Skyrim and Fallout are prime examples of what a modders dream looks like: Easy access to config files, beautiful and easy to use yet complex SDK (Not sure if it was official but it looked like it) Built in Mod API and trainloads of modding opportunity and potential.
    Well the main editor was made by the developers for their own use. (Fun fact: When Bethesda started developing Morrowind, Todd Howard decided they needed a toolset and started coding it himself.) Since then they just give the community their amazing tool, which is one large part of why mods for their games can be so high quality, and making mods is so easy. (Relative to complexity, of course.)

On the other hand, tools like Nifskope are the incredible and extensive work of members of the community. And Nifskope is one of the easiest and most powerful community-made tools I've ever used. An incredibly impressive effort from the community. :)

My personal favourite? Changing the shotgun in FO3 to shoot multiple dogs
    I was reaching for my drink. Thankfully, I had not yet picked up my drink. (It wouldn't have ended well.) That caught me off guard and made me laugh. :D

Why get DLC when you can make your own? Also, if you're an avid modder I do hope you'll give us some more mods for SM. At least the ideas you weren't allowed to make canon, as you're a Schine dev. Chairs would be nice :)
    If I could put chairs in StarMade, I would have done it a long time ago and it would be part of the base game. I'd happily add them, but Schema hasn't added support for things like chairs. (Or other static models, for that matter.) There are performance concerns, though creating LOD models to help increase that performance isn't a problem/difficult for me. Just a matter of figuring out how to implement such models ingame. (And then getting Schema to actually get around to doing it. Though he has plenty on his to-do list already, haha.) But yes, I was already thinking I might take time to make some unofficial mods in the future. ;)

Crap, entered a thread and derailed it just by being there/here. Quick, everyone, back to talking about Shroomy sun-balls!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well the main editor was made by the developers for their own use. (Fun fact: When Bethesda started developing Morrowind, Todd Howard decided they needed a toolset and started coding it himself.) Since then they just give the community their amazing tool

That thing always lagged on me and crashed every twenty minutes. It was rather disappointing having such a thing be nearly unusable. I have some seriously good ideas for Skyrim mods but simply can't implement them. The only mod I managed to really truly complete was a Halo Rocket Launcher as seen in the off topic thread screenshots from other games. I had a Dwarven City I was building at some point. It was really cool. It had storage bays for Centurions that could hold like thirty. Perfect boss battle.

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Okay guys, this has to be decided upon.

I'm not sure if this should be called "Firey balls of Fire" or "Shroomy sun Balls"...
    Help me dedice!

So, as there doesn't seem to be a way to add a poll to an existing thread, I'll go ahead and use strawpoll instead.
    http://strawpoll.me/2048388

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    But.. But... I CAME UP WiTH A GOOD NAME :'(
    Totally was not intending to usurp the mod name, was just calling it that as a joke. :( (Kinda like I always call Bearish something different, more or less.) I was actually fond of your name for it. But eh, whatever the community (and Bearish) wants I guess. Sorry, Kro. :oops:

Wonder if the fiery balls of fire name could be used for a weapon effect mod, making cannons shoot big fire balls or something... well, once weapon effects/particle systems are implemented. Speaking of which, still waiting for Schema to get around to that....

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    Is not actually a problem :p i was joking entirely
    And that doesn't sound like a bad idea to me :p

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Totally was not intending to usurp the mod name, was just calling it that as a joke. :( (Kinda like I always call Bearish something different, more or less.) I was actually fond of your name for it. But eh, whatever the community (and Bearish) wants I guess. Sorry, Kro. :oops:

Wonder if the fiery balls of fire name could be used for a weapon effect mod, making cannons shoot big fire balls or something... well, once weapon effects/particle systems are implemented. Speaking of which, still waiting for Schema to get around to that....
    Omni! are you trying to derail this thread again?! ... oh crap I think you just did by me typing this... o_O

Uh... back on topic... I have not given this mod a try yet as my current PC only runs the game with minimal settings but I am definitely going to install it once I get the new PC running.

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Uh... back on topic... I have not given this mod a try yet as my current PC only runs the game with minimal settings but I am definitely going to install it once I get the new PC running.
    From my testing (probably does not apply to all setups) the mod seems to run just a tad faster than the original shader.

Reaction score
    That was a pretty Nice work you guys done here! Congrats to all envolved! Hope I see more Nice Stuff like This here!

You could consider creating different stars glooms! So we can have different star systems with white dwarves stars, or red giants!!

And again, gratz for the Nice work!