(Shader mods) Bearish's Super Mega Mod Thread of Doom

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You could consider creating different stars glooms! So we can have different star systems with white dwarves stars, or red giants!!
    I've had this suggested a couple of times, but there is a huge problem.
    The shader only has information relevant to the current frame it's rendering, it cannot store anything in memory inbetween frames, and all the info is passed in by StarMade itself. As I cannot change the source code of StarMade, I just have to do what I can with the information it provides for me.

If I were to generate a number to determine the colour of the star, this number would be randomly generated each frame, meaning that the star would switch colours very rapidly.

I'm terribly sorry, but this is a case I myself cannot solve.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Prodceually generate based on which star system the player is in. Can you get access to coordinates from inside the shader?

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Prodceually generate based on which star system the player is in. Can you get access to coordinates from inside the shader?
    None of the variables in the shader give me this. There is the possibility that StarMade is passing in values that the default shader doesn't use, but I'd still have to know "where" they're being sent. (The game looks for a variable name in the shader, I wouldn't know what said name is.)

Reaction score
    Thats too bad, so lets hope you find a way to solve this question, or wait until Starmade crew add This mod to vanilla and make this happens.

And again gratz for the work!

Reaction score
    Schemaaaaa! We need you to change how the sun works!
    We seriously need more schemas he can't possible handle everything by himself.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Schemaaaaa! We need you to change how the sun works!
    We seriously need more schemas he can't possible handle everything by himself.
    Actually, I think he already did... Suns are no longer ugly purple blobs. They're now... just... very white. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    we do have a new schema... I present sir Bearish Fungus or what ever his name is

BearishMushroom

Modshroom
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So, the 0.172 update broke the mod, (I blame @kupu 's shader work. >:u) and when trying to fix it I stumbled across this new effect.
    Personally, I think this looks better, but I don't know what you guys think.
    Should I leave it like this, or try to reconstruct the original?

(Oh, I also updated the OP :p)

EDIT: Actually got the resource fixed, it's up for download now. ^.^

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lecic and Zeno9141

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    So, the 0.172 update broke the mod, (I blame @kupu 's shader work. >:u) and when trying to fix it I stumbled across this new effect.
    Personally, I think this looks better, but I don't know what you guys think.
    Should I leave it like this, or try to reconstruct the original?

(Oh, I also updated the OP :p)

oooooo, pretty ^^