Offline Ship Editor

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Remember that I already gave a solution to that ?

The math for corners is correct between 3 adjacent blocks, but not the turns/priority in which they are calculated. As they are now, they only take in account full blocks.

The corners have to be calculated separatedly after the wedges are calculated, so a corner would actually be between 3 adjacent blocks INcluding the wedges themselves, not just full blocks. So instead of being between 4 blocks (result of math order lack, the corner in a full blocks corner and wedges around it), the corners would actually be placed at the edge of wedges too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I\'m not sure why you can\'t use \"Hull\" option for station entities.

BUG: When using \"Hull\" on ships, at the bottom it says \"Create an empty hull of a regular shape\", but for example when using the Sphere option, it\'s filled, and consumes a lot more memory for that. There could be an additional option to spawn already hollow shape, as the Note says, so we are able to make bigger shapes in less RAM than \"Filled\" shapes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The problem is that wedges have orientation. If you just calculate based on if there is a wedge there or not, it will not work right when it is the wrong sort of wedge. So you would have to take into account he myriad different posibilities for wedges in the right orientations for a corner in all the specific orientations to line up with. That\'s a lot more complicated than what you are expressing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I mised the sphere was filled. Fixed now. Any other hulls coming in filled?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes, cylinder, cone, disc, needle tested and are filled, apparently all shapes except sphere now.

Vas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ah, but MCEdit is a total 3D editor. Couldn\'t you study how their editor works and maybe try and make yours more like theirs? I mean both games are pretty close to the same block building technology. :P I think their editor is even open source. You\'d just change the world loader to a schematic loader instead, loading only certain files rather than regions of files.

Vas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a good way to prove how horrible and ugly this forum software really is. :P I could install a better forum and have it running for this site in 10 minutes, I dunno why Schema doesn\'t do it.

Reaction score
    Hi,

I was messing with the full BSG obj, and imported it.

Remeber the line we had an issue with on the binvox import of the 1024 near the back of the ship?

That point back is missing. This thing kills the tool so it is hard to get to that view.

I will do some more testing and see what happens.

Reaction score
    hi

I was messing with Casus bsg schematic, and I got it imported and in the game eng.

two funny things, one the Isanth-VI is inside the ship... i am guessing that is where it put the cocpit....

other is it is missing part of the front of the ship. every thing else is there.

I will do some more testing on that.

And Casus is correct, it is huge, at 1400+M and the girth i cannot get it on my screen. LOL. The detail is amazing that this guy (i will look up his name) has put into this in MC.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That .schematic import function doesnt remove isanth body, ye.

Secondly, that frontal part missing might be another chunk/superchunk calculation issue or something.

And fact that i cant play smoothly with my bsg and hyperion makes me sad. :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    -fit somehow makes binvox file unreadable by smedit

-c which is some (way) faster method of carving or whatever has same effect

Reaction score
    On my system I can do alot. So I was hoping to one or both of the full size projects up and going.

After another look there are two chunks missing.

http://mm-clan.com/pics/starmade-screenshot-0009.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is that the -z direction? I\'d better to back to my Gettysburg Address tests. Grumble.

Reaction score
    that model of the galactica is amazing, and Ive been wanting to bring it into the game ever since i used the turrets from it for the turrets on my first spacestation remodeling job...

consequentially is there a way to save a space station as a blueprint? or edit a space station with SMEdit?

I ask because it would be nice to have a way to recover it if it encouters some kind of chunk errors that cause whole sections to go missing...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m sorry if this has been brought up but:

Could we please have an option to un-invert the horizontal axis, to bring it in line with 3D editing software? Or, is there a way to do it currently that I just don\'t know about?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    File -> Open lists your space stations. File -> Save As Blueprint will save the current model, no matter what it is, as a blueprint. Does one of those steps fail?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve added \'flip X Axis\" and \"flip Y axis\" to the list of feature requests.