NuclearFun's Ships

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    I can say ive been taking a lot of design principles you have, nukes.
    Inspirational missle use and the like. Lol.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    i am taking a small break from building ships... i lost my drive a little bit.
    Maybe i start with a survival game.

Last two ships for now, on the left the latest battlecruiser (Fenrir), the right one is a super fast scanning vessel.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This is one of these threads where I can just go "like like like" while scrolling. I love how you have plenty of ships from the smallest to the largest thinkable size. And they all look gorgeous.

Also I agree with refirendum , the use of missiles in this fleet is inspiring.

Reaction score
    Missles are quite useful the Lazarus is working on a special system to prevent small ships from useing blind spots. Picture a grey ship suddenly turning white and you getting a death screen 3 seconds later.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Jesus christ, the Fenrir is "unfinished"? Even the interior is complete (only saw one empty deck which makes sense to have on any larger ship), fully working gravlifts, all systems operational, no errors... I'd say release it and earn the praise.

Reaction score
    Missles are quite useful the Lazarus is working on a special system to prevent small ships from useing blind spots. Picture a grey ship suddenly turning white and you getting a death screen 3 seconds later.
    *drools with want*

Reaction score
    You are talking about guided missile turrets?

Jesus christ, the Fenrir is "unfinished"? Even the interior is complete (only saw one empty deck which makes sense to have on any larger ship), fully working gravlifts, all systems operational, no errors... I'd say release it and earn the praise.
    Thanks! i will probably do that soon after a few tweaks.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hull mounted can only possibly be heatseeker spam. That does work, but not for fleets :p

I have found these "half buried" quadratic NuclearFun - style missile turrets to be superior to that. They can fire individually, do not fire at allies and look awesome, and because of their shape and the "pockets" in which they can be mounted they can be placed on any larger ship. Did you originally invent these for the manticore? They fit every single ship of yours very well (best example would be that top-mounted array on the Hyperion...).

Cut one open for science.

In fact I also like your microturrets. Same philosophy I guess; the cubic shape makes them a timeless design and they fit any ship really. I now use almost exclusively cubic/quadratic turrets because they work so well and don't look bad when tilted in strange directions.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hull mounted can only possibly be heatseeker spam. That does work, but not for fleets :p

I have found these "half buried" quadratic NuclearFun - style missile turrets to be superior to that. They can fire individually, do not fire at allies and look awesome, and because of their shape and the "pockets" in which they can be mounted they can be placed on any larger ship. Did you originally invent these for the manticore? They fit every single ship of yours very well (best example would be that top-mounted array on the Hyperion...).

Cut one open for science.

In fact I also like your microturrets. Same philosophy I guess; the cubic shape makes them a timeless design and they fit any ship really. I now use almost exclusively cubic/quadratic turrets because they work so well and don't look bad when tilted in strange directions.
    I honestly do not know if anyone else did something like that before, i actually started using vertically launch turrets somewhere >here< with the Phalanx.

The microturrets started for me way back with the atlas (approx a year ago) and were more of an aesthetic detail with the upside of providing small defense against small vessels (and now missiles),

Reaction score
    I really love your ship designs, Currently in the process of hollowing out your Deimos design. Apparently you did not care about the power reactors being bridged. So I am taking everything out of the center of your ship to fix it and hopefully make the ship more efficient.

Reaction score
    I really love your ship designs, Currently in the process of hollowing out your Deimos design. Apparently you did not care about the power reactors being bridged. So I am taking everything out of the center of your ship to fix it and hopefully make the ship more efficient.
    I am pretty sure that the Deimos has a very efficient reactor design, but you are welcome to try.

Reaction score
    I am reffering to the power reactors being bridged. It looks good at the center but eventually there are just big blocks of reactors adds alot of mass for a small inefficient amount of power. I really love the deimos, the turrets, the point defense system. The ship flys great and it doesn't lag my server. An excellant and definetly hands down my favorite ship. But i am gutting the inside right now except for the rooms and the escape pod bays and weapons systems. I will then find an efficient way to place the reactors in sticks from the top to the bottom of the hull. Next to them will be the shield rechargers until i get the desired amount. Next to those will be power capicitors until i get the desired amount, then add the shields and thrusters. I might have to move the back end out a tiny bit, maybe 3 blocks, just to make sure i have enough shields. My server is quite competitive.