NuclearFun's Ships

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am reffering to the power reactors being bridged. It looks good at the center but eventually there are just big blocks of reactors adds alot of mass for a small inefficient amount of power. I really love the deimos, the turrets, the point defense system. The ship flys great and it doesn't lag my server. An excellant and definetly hands down my favorite ship. But i am gutting the inside right now except for the rooms and the escape pod bays and weapons systems. I will then find an efficient way to place the reactors in sticks from the top to the bottom of the hull. Next to them will be the shield rechargers until i get the desired amount. Next to those will be power capicitors until i get the desired amount, then add the shields and thrusters. I might have to move the back end out a tiny bit, maybe 3 blocks, just to make sure i have enough shields. My server is quite competitive.
    I am assuming that he built efficient reactors until he hit the soft cap then added them in by bulk since line reactors are no longer efficient after around 1.2 mill regen.

Reaction score
    I am reffering to the power reactors being bridged. It looks good at the center but eventually there are just big blocks of reactors adds alot of mass for a small inefficient amount of power. I really love the deimos, the turrets, the point defense system. The ship flys great and it doesn't lag my server. An excellant and definetly hands down my favorite ship. But i am gutting the inside right now except for the rooms and the escape pod bays and weapons systems. I will then find an efficient way to place the reactors in sticks from the top to the bottom of the hull. Next to them will be the shield rechargers until i get the desired amount. Next to those will be power capicitors until i get the desired amount, then add the shields and thrusters. I might have to move the back end out a tiny bit, maybe 3 blocks, just to make sure i have enough shields. My server is quite competitive.
    With its 1.7M recharge it is well over the dimension bonus border, so large blocks should not negatively affect effectiveness any more, though i would be interested what you manage to archive :)
    You should sacrifice some rooms for more system blocks, i usually prefer shield capacitors over shield recharge, also maybe you noticed that the big turrets are self powered so you do not need to be mindful about them when designing the new reactors.

Reactions: wakko151
    Reaction score
    Yes I have. My server has slightly different block stats but for the most part everything should line up competitively no matter what. What were you saying about a 1.7m and dimension border? not sure what that is.

Reaction score
    Man I look at these and I just think... I suck. I'll never make something as aesthetically well done as these. I'll just end up making shitty, ugly bricks or something...

Reaction score
    Yes I have. My server has slightly different block stats but for the most part everything should line up competitively no matter what. What were you saying about a 1.7m and dimension border? not sure what that is.
    AFAIK: You get a bonus from the dimensions of your reactors while also getting a flat constant recharge from every block, the worst thing you could do is to have a lot of single power recharge blocks (=no dimension bonus at all). The bonus recharge though is softcapped at around 1.2M recharge (when you build your reactor as efficiently as possible), after you reach this every block placed will just give you the flat power recharge and thus you can add power blocks as needed.

Man I look at these and I just think... I suck. I'll never make something as aesthetically well done as these. I'll just end up making shitty, ugly bricks or something...
    I know this feeling, just don't give up, this is the first ship i ever took a picture of:

That should have been a Starfury from Babylon 5.... it flew like a brick, stood no chance against pirates and looked nothing like the real thing...

Reactions: Top 4ce and Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Do you play on any pvp servers Nuke?
    No i don't, mostly because i can not play very regularly, also despite the warlike nature of my ships i am not a big fan of pvp.

But what i do have is a nice little survival game running...
    This is what i came up for my survival game, it is a small but effective vertical salvager with small missile turrets to fend of pirates

This also gave me a new idea for a ship, it is very much inspired by the Marauders from Eve Online, tractor beams, salvagers, sniper cannon turrets and long range guided missiles for station sieges...

Reactions: Rumcajz and Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I love how you manage to make your ships so bulky without them looking like bricks :D.

Reaction score
    Yarr Keptick...
    o/
    I am currently making a Battle cruiser and I am trying to design it "LIKE" the Deimos.. or Tristan... from EvE online. I was wondering after i set it up someone could "PIMP MY RIDE!!"... I understand you guys don't have alot of time... but even suggestion would really be appreciated. I am extremely bad at Aesthetics, but i make up for it in pure time played and ship systems design.

Reaction score
    Front View

Side View

Back View

I am trying to make it look kinda like a Vexor with a fat ass and rounded front.
    I worked on it for about 4 hours so far and have not added weapons yet. After i add the weapons I am going to start working on fleshing out the shape more.

Reaction score
    Front View

Side View

Back View

I am trying to make it look kinda like a Vexor with a fat ass and rounded front.
    I worked on it for about 4 hours so far and have not added weapons yet. After i add the weapons I am going to start working on fleshing out the shape more.
    The Vexor has a very nice silhouette though i would not try too much to make it look like a Vexor as the organic shape isn't an easy task, i would recommend that you just build however you like it.

I am back from my little holidays and family visits, had to do a little ship after that ;)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    dude, don't be disheartened, my first ship was literally a big long rectangle made out of grey standard armor, which stood no chance against any pirates, what so ever... and after a lot of work, looking at other people's building styles, trying out different techniques, this is what I am building now: http://starmadedock.net/threads/apophis-shipyards-mkii.3165/ page 2 is my new titan

Reaction score
    Hey quick question, Where is the Salvage computer located in the Bowhead? I have looked everywhere and it really sucks mining but not being able to link all the storage units up. i LOVE your work, PLEASE keep it up!!!

Reaction score
    Hey quick question, Where is the Salvage computer located in the Bowhead? I have looked everywhere and it really sucks mining but not being able to link all the storage units up. i LOVE your work, PLEASE keep it up!!!
    In my older ships the computer modules were located opposite of the core (because of the old textures) and that also applies to the bowhead (very outdated ship, definitely needs a rework). You have to look closely though as the backside of all those computers look the same but as far as i remember it should be in the very center of the computer modules.

Reaction score
    I really love everything you do! you are one of the most talented builders i have seen and your designs are a dream to pilot and use. Please make more small/Mid sized ships though please! Even like the corvette in your hangar in Prometheus is really great!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420581412,1420581368][/DOUBLEPOST]
    In my older ships the computer modules were located opposite of the core (because of the old textures) and that also applies to the bowhead (very outdated ship, definitely needs a rework). You have to look closely though as the backside of all those computers look the same but as far as i remember it should be in the very center of the computer modules.
    Yeah it is, took me FOREVER to find it but it is right in plain site.

Reaction score
    I really love everything you do! you are one of the most talented builders i have seen and your designs are a dream to pilot and use. Please make more small/Mid sized ships though please! Even like the corvette in your hangar in Prometheus is really great!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420581412,1420581368][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah it is, took me FOREVER to find it but it is right in plain site.
    Thanks, that actually reminded me to post an update of that little corvette, i meant to do this for a long time now :)
    Corvus Corvette A3R5

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    D'awww
    Look at the adorable little baby ship
    *pat pat pat*

Reaction score
    It wont let me download, says i don't have access :( And THANK YOU! Great little ship!
    After uploading it takes some time (usually a few hours) for one of the mods to approve the uploaded entity (to check if it is not something sinister like a virus or a giant space penis). It was late yesterday and so i just linked it here before the approval process was finished, but now it should work.