NuclearFun's Ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It definitely doesn't look as aggressive as your other ships.
    Is the unpaneled area on the top going to be for hauling turret, drone racks, or reactors?

Reaction score
    Hi, thanks for those kind words :)

Also: please feel free to give me any constructive criticism!

It definitely doesn't look as aggressive as your other ships.
    Is the unpaneled area on the top going to be for hauling turret, drone racks, or reactors?
    Actually this will be on the bottom:

I am going for an ugly brick ship this time, a true utility cruiser/hauler/transport/carrier...

Reactions: Rumcajz

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hi, thanks for those kind words :)

Also: please feel free to give me any constructive criticism!

Actually this will be on the bottom:

I am going for an ugly brick ship this time, a true utility cruiser/hauler/transport/carrier...
    Long time follower, first time poster. Love all your work.

On this ship, have a non-symmetric "dry-dock" coming off the bottom, top or side. It's a dock with atmosphere to repair/rescue/undock small ships.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I would love the Banshee updated, but if you update the Cerberus Heavy Cruiser, make it 3 ships, the longer part would havea planetary destruction cannon, the middle one would "rain lasers" and the middle one be ready to evacuate using subwarp (full speed boost). The middle one docked to the small one and the small one docked to the big one. Also, have cameras on the sides, for easier docking or if the other cameras are broken.

Reaction score
    I would love the Banshee updated, but if you update the Cerberus Heavy Cruiser, make it 3 ships, the longer part would havea planetary destruction cannon, the middle one would "rain lasers" and the middle one be ready to evacuate using subwarp (full speed boost). The middle one docked to the small one and the small one docked to the big one. Also, have cameras on the sides, for easier docking or if the other cameras are broken.
    The Banshee update is an option i sometimes consider doing but the Cerberus will certainly not get an update, the thrusters would need a complete redo as it was built before a big balance change.

Long time follower, first time poster. Love all your work.

On this ship, have a non-symmetric "dry-dock" coming off the bottom, top or side. It's a dock with atmosphere to repair/rescue/undock small ships.
    Nice idea, i will see what i can do :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I'm just drooling because of those two vertical ships in the background. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Reaction score

it is not finished and i somewhat do not think i will finish it, but it will serve very well as a test bed and carrier for all my future projects

Reactions: Wugg and Rumcajz

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'm sensing that the Charon (Not Kepticks the EVE one) is influencing your build

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I love your visibly-separate-armor-plates-with-starwarsy-detail-crizzle-below style (in fact, I have assimilated that part of your design philosophy to one hundred percent, except the color scheme is reversed - my hull is black and the plates are grey and brown).

Given how far your cruiser has come, do finish it though! :D

As far as turret barrel diameters are concerned - you go crazy on these. That is what, a turret with a 20m calibre antimatter accelerator? :D Holy shit. Do fear. Just from looking at it from the front (specifically your Deimos vertical destroyer).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I love your visibly-separate-armor-plates-with-starwarsy-detail-crizzle-below style (in fact, I have assimilated that part of your design philosophy to one hundred percent, except the color scheme is reversed - my hull is black and the plates are grey and brown).

Given how far your cruiser has come, do finish it though! :D

As far as turret barrel diameters are concerned - you go crazy on these. That is what, a turret with a 20m calibre antimatter accelerator? :D Holy shit. Do fear. Just from looking at it from the front (specifically your Deimos vertical destroyer).
    Your color scheme works extremely well! I really did like your frigate, you know that in return i am going to assimilate me some stuff of yours
    ;)

In regard to the cruiser: the outside is mostly finished (a little bit of greebling would do) and it already serves well as engineering cruiser, maybe i just put a dropbox link here so that if anyone is interested (or needs more turrets) can take a look at it.

With caliber: who says my cannon are shooting slugs? Those are highly advanced <insert technobable here> energy projectile canons! :D
    Also: THIS

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ye, it took me a long while to figure out halfway what makes your ships look so large. Seriously, your neptune frigate looks 200m long, and don't get me started on the kronos/hyperion... these are large, but look like three times larger with the alteration between cleen and gritty surfaces and protruding objects.

Reaction score
    i have a question, this might be a little specific, but does anyone have a swarm missile ship with ion turrets? Or maybe just 2 missile arrays, an ion hard hit/swarm array and an explosive swarm array?

Reaction score
    Ye, it took me a long while to figure out halfway what makes your ships look so large. Seriously, your neptune frigate looks 200m long, and don't get me started on the kronos/hyperion... these are large, but look like three times larger with the alteration between cleen and gritty surfaces and protruding objects.
    On the one hand this is stuff i got from watching a lot of science fiction (and that article about space ship design i recently linked here), the armor plates serve as a guide and rest for the eye while the greebles make it look alive, detailed and actually bigger than it is (also this saves a lot of work that would probably be counterproductive anyway)

I am way more of an engineer than a creative person so my take on a space ship is just some idea of what makes somewhat sense in my fantasy space universe with a little bit of design ;)

in other news:
    The Neptune and the Manticore got an update.
    Started a new ship:

that thing spawned somewhat from the big caliber posting above... also i wanted to do something like my old Atlas

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    On the one hand this is stuff i got from watching a lot of science fiction (and that article about space ship design i recently linked here), the armor plates serve as a guide and rest for the eye while the greebles make it look alive, detailed and actually bigger than it is (also this saves a lot of work that would probably be counterproductive anyway)

I am way more of an engineer than a creative person so my take on a space ship is just some idea of what makes somewhat sense in my fantasy space universe with a little bit of design ;)

in other news:
    The Neptune and the Manticore got an update.
    Started a new ship:

that thing spawned somewhat from the big caliber posting above... also i wanted to do something like my old Atlas
    Those greebles makes me jealous...
    Again....

Reaction score
    small update:

i am playing around and having a lot of fun with different weapon systems, really love the new balancing and vanilla range settings.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Hi: my newest WIP is nearly finished:

A designated Battlecruiser to fit in with my other ships (the Prometheus will get an update soon)

Also, a small reminder of the past:

(i am thinking of updating those)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I notice that while all your ships are very well constructed, they all tend to look very similar, in overall shape and the style detailing.

Perhaps you can try diversifying your style. Your interceptor (with the big purple vents) was a refreshing break, and I think you could grow as a builder by doing more ships that stray from your typical undercut box for the overall shape.

Reaction score
    I notice that while all your ships are very well constructed, they all tend to look very similar, in overall shape and the style detailing.

Perhaps you can try diversifying your style. Your interceptor (with the big purple vents) was a refreshing break, and I think you could grow as a builder by doing more ships that stray from your typical undercut box for the overall shape.
    You are probably 100% true....
    Honestly, i am not very creative with those things, i have always been more of an engineer (form follows function and all), but i have built some ships that stray away from the box style (which makes just a lot of sense to me with war cruisers).