NuclearFun's Ships

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So far I have identified four different factories that make your ships :D

- The "manticore family" (the monitor also belongs there) with the angled cutoff both at bow and stern (so that the top is considerably longer than the bottom), usually with vertical missile turrets
    - The "phalanx family" where the corvus also belongs to, these have the inverted wedge front
    - The "kronos family" with rectangular design and more height in the front section than the back section, hangar usually safely stored at the rear of the front section below the start of the back section, usually non-destroyer capitals
    - The "deimos family" with vertical ships and usually slightly larger amounts of red compared to blue crystals

I like how you have some repeating shapes across your shipyard, as if there were multiple product lines.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    So far I have identified four different factories that make your ships :D

- The "manticore family" (the monitor also belongs there) with the angled cutoff both at bow and stern (so that the top is considerably longer than the bottom), usually with vertical missile turrets
    - The "phalanx family" where the corvus also belongs to, these have the inverted wedge front
    - The "kronos family" with rectangular design and more height in the front section than the back section, hangar usually safely stored at the rear of the front section below the start of the back section, usually non-destroyer capitals
    - The "deimos family" with vertical ships and usually slightly larger amounts of red compared to blue crystals

I like how you have some repeating shapes across your shipyard, as if there were multiple product lines.
    I had to think about that... you are pretty correct about all that :D
    ...and admittedly, from the basic system layout most of them are even more similar than on the outside.

Some things i always try to do: being able to steer from the core (=no interior directly in front of the core), low profile from the front (=elongated ships), turrets (big and a lot of them)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    No i don't, mostly because i can not play very regularly, also despite the warlike nature of my ships i am not a big fan of pvp.

But what i do have is a nice little survival game running...
    This is what i came up for my survival game, it is a small but effective vertical salvager with small missile turrets to fend of pirates

This also gave me a new idea for a ship, it is very much inspired by the Marauders from Eve Online, tractor beams, salvagers, sniper cannon turrets and long range guided missiles for station sieges...
    Having flown a Golem murauder from EVE for the better part of a year, that is very cool. And it's ironic that you don't enjoy PvP because the last thing I think when looking at all your ships is "Huh, that massive 10 million block dreadnaught would be great for PvP." The last time I went up against your ships, it was a normal pirate spawned dreadnaught, and that thing just melted my face every time I saw it. I can only imagine what a player controlled variant would be like.

Reaction score
    So, lately i had not really enough inspiration for new ships, small ships are fun but i wanted to start with a big ship as i enjoy those projects so much.
    After 4-5 botched starts i finally scribbled up an idea that looked somewhat satisfying, this is what i got so far:

Planned initially as a battleship it is now on the path to titan with big carrier components (i miscalculated a little bit how big that thing really is)

As there are so many discussions on starting on hull/interior or systems: this time i started with turret configurations ;)

Reactions: Rumcajz and Top 4ce

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A nuclearfun carrier titan. Yes please, so much yes!

Reaction score
    Finished the main battle turret, also i am thinking about delaying the build to wait for the coming rail system, this could work really well with the extensive hangars that are planned (and partially built)

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Hey nuclear fun I'm a huge fan of your ships they are all beautiful. but some of the coolest ones you uploaded early last year are completely outdated now. I'm talking about the cerberus, the banshee the edieolon (which i have been pain stakingly updating with rechargers and new turrets, which were taken from the prometheus,to use on a server) and others all need shield rechargers, jump drives, and better weapon systems l. Their outdated guns look coll but without effects they are useless And it a shame to see all that hard work go to waste

Reaction score
    Hey nuclear fun I'm a huge fan of your ships they are all beautiful. but some of the coolest ones you uploaded early last year are completely outdated now. I'm talking about the cerberus, the banshee the edieolon (which i have been pain stakingly updating with rechargers and new turrets, which were taken from the prometheus,to use on a server) and others all need shield rechargers, jump drives, and better weapon systems l. Their outdated guns look coll but without effects they are useless And it a shame to see all that hard work go to waste
    Hi! Thanks!
    The thing with updating old ships is not only that there are so many new blocks, systems and balance changes but that i have learned some new stuff and new ideas that i want to implement. So most of the time it is way more satisfying to build new ships than to try to make the new stuff work with old hulls.
    The Cerberus for instance is not a ship i am going to revisit (i am not really satisfied with the design anymore and the balance changes are not helping), maybe the banshee or the prometheus (or even some much older ships) will get an update.
    I have plans though to rebuild the Eidolon completely.

Reaction score
    cool cant wait for the eidolon rebuild such a unique design. Why would you have to update the Prometheus? It is modern enough as it is isn't it? What is there to add? Oh and when you make ships like the hyperion and stuff that are actually meant to be used in battle, can you make versions that dont have as many decoration blocks and stuff because my server has a block limit of 2M right now and i would love to have a ship like the Prometheus but the only way i see to get it is by taking away shield capacitors since i don't want to risk completely fucking up how the interior looks. So like a version without as much RP aspects inside all the logic stuff is alright but having all those cabins and rooms and lounges and mess halls is kind necessary on a pvp server. That why i like the manticore as well because it has a very nice but minimal interior. i can get lost in the Prometheus, I couldn't find the core for like 10 minutes when i first spawned it in to loom at it. Anyways keep rocking like you have been.

Reaction score
    Hi!

Nothing new to show on my current titan build (mostly system and interior stuff).
    A few pages before i posted about a concept of a "marauder" and i finally had the time and motivation to restart the build on it:

Still WIP though

Strongly influenced/inspired by the Vargur from Eve Online in design as well as in functionality (salvager/destroyer crossover).

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hi!

Nothing new to show on my current titan build (mostly system and interior stuff).
    A few pages before i posted about a concept of a "marauder" and i finally had the time and motivation to restart the build on it:

Still WIP though

Strongly influenced/inspired by the Vargur from Eve Online in design as well as in functionality (salvager/destroyer crossover).

"small"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Like always amasing job. :) I like it. So much details and still smooth and clean view. Nice job.

Reaction score
    can you make a smaller more manoeuvrable ships? some ships turn so slowly that you can barely handle it, a smaller more manoeuvrable ship would be cool.