New player models coming up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The new model looks nice.

And the ability to take off your helmet is very good for RP.

But maybe you should make it \'necessary\' or \'advantageous\' to take off the helmet.

For example: you heal faster with the helmet off.

Reaction score
    Dem models! xD

Looks great, we will no longer have a scary blocky blue alien dude!

Reaction score
    If we\'re geting a new player model can you make a way to make skin making simpler like a web app with a interactive player drawing format so then you can save it and upload it to your game as well the shins should have some modes so you can change the helmet so you can make it rather see try or not letting us make interesting armies and maby even custom the gun

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    RP is a nice thing for some servers, ability to take off the helmet is as well but I am against superficial \'RP\' advantages like increased healing because of taking the helmet off. If it\'s to be RP, keep it RP, which shouldn\'t require some powergaming bonuses.

I\'d rather wait for the oxygen to be actually a finite resource, requiring helmet to be on when there\'s none, but at the cost of draining personal supply of it.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    When I edited the settings file so that the new model would be shown, I saw that, when I zoomed out, the top of the arm appeared over the side of the body... If you don\'t know what I mean, just zoom out on it and look at the back of the shoulder\'s general area.

Reaction score
    you find settings.cfg in your starmade folder (has to be prebuild) and change C_USE_NEW_PLAYER_MODEL = false to C_USE_NEW_PLAYER_MODEL = true

Reaction score
    I have to say the smooth edges and texture of the model contrasts quite heavily with the blocky and flat nature of this game. I am yet to decide whether this is a good or a bad thing. Though it is nice to see some animations have already been added.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i posted a thread about fixing the cre systems a while back, anfd got some good ideas going: http://star-made.org/content/cockpit-fixing-mod

i think it would add to the rgp server\'s feel. not to mention being more true to thesci-fi nature of the game.

Reaction score
    Um hey I don\'t suppose you could say around the time this could be released could you?

Reaction score
    Hammertime.

...though please stay on topic. No more off-topic image macros please.

Reaction score
    YOU HAVE REVEALED THE SECRET. :O

But yes, a work-in-progress version of the model is already present in the game, and can be tested by finding your settings.cfg file and changing:

C_USE_NEW_PLAYER_MODEL = false

to

C_USE_NEW_PLAYER_MODEL = true

This should allow skinners to get a head start, making the transition easier for players and especially helping those who do machinima. For those who bothered to read this far in the comments, consider this your reward. ;) Feel free to spread this knowledge around. The texture currently present ingame, the multicolored noisy grid, was a texture I was using to get the vertices of the UV map perfectly aligned with the space the skin is supposed to occupy, the space the skin template will define when it is released.

Note that there are some slight errors in the UV map present in the current build, slight inconsistencies that have been since fixed. The head, in particular, was the culprit. So while skinners can get started right now, your head will need a little adjustment later if you use the current preview model.

Also, some of the animations are already ingame for the preview model; specifically, try going into third person and then selecting your pistol. You will draw the pistol and hold it, as well as aim up and down. :)

And wolfboyft, I\'m not sure what you\'re referring to. I took a look at the model and it appears to be behaving normally, no sorting issues which is what it sounded like you were implying. If you\'re referring to the way the shoulder can sort of stick through the torso in the back, that\'s a vertex position and weighting issue and will be fixed. :) The model available for early testing is a rough draft, so to speak, just testing to see that the model loads without unexpected issues.

There\'s nothing wrong with loading up the work-in-progress model and taking a look, so feel free. (That goes for anyone interested.) Just remember that it is an early test version and does not represent the quality of the final product. :)

Reaction score
    The exact time of release depends on the distribution of my workload and how much time I have to work. However, I would say \"soon\". A very nebulous answer, I know.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Here is my skinmap of the old player model

Have to work on a new one, now with the pixel perfect map it will be much easier to make skins.

http://i.imgur.com/M75Lm9X.png