New player models coming up.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Happy Halloween,

Here is the first (from many other) new feature I'm working on. New player models. I know some players come to like the old player, as do I, but an update has to be done.

The one who has done the new model and texture is Keaton. He will work on all 3D model related stuff.

The new model will feature

• full bone animation for every situation (they will be completed over time). The ones that will be there on release are flying animations, walking, jumping, weapon aiming, and some more
    • Fully customizable with pixel perfect UVW map
    • Not only can the body be fully customized but also the helmet which the player will be able to put off and on.
    • Items will be visible like weapons, mining beams etc (beams will replace the rapid adding and removing of blocks, and can be upgraded)
    • There will be a soft transition (players can switch to the old style if they want)

Here are some renders of the model. It's already working in the dev environment and will come to a release very soon.

There will be more gameplay features announced soon.

Stay tuned,

and thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

Reaction score
    Will we see our own weapons/tools in firstperson too? And maybe make own textures in mp so other people see them?

Reaction score
    Schema, you are like the old Notch from early Minecraft days before he started taking vacations every other week, I hope Starmade becomes at least as popular as Minecraft and makes you lots of money!

That being said, how likely are we to get a glowing green block (like ice/lava) in these upcoming features and updates? Please, I need it like I need air to breathe.

Pls Schema.

Pls.

Reaction score
    Looks much better than the old model !

I think it should also have a kind of backpack for oxygene or thrusters.

Continue this great work , dude !

Greetings from Germany.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    how likely are we to get a glowing green block (like ice/lava) in these upcoming features and updates? Please, I need it like I need air to breathe.

We already have both ice and lava in Starmade.

Reaction score
    I was hoping the new feature you were hinting a while ago would be shipyards. But this is just as awesome. and compliments to Keaton that looks pretty good.

Reaction score
    Anyone taking off the helmet would be stupid(due to lack of air)...well, unless you introduce oxygen

Reaction score
    ...is the start of something special.

Props to Keaton. The PM\'s fit the style of the game as well as appearing very smooth and proportional. As fond as I have become of \"Space Gumby\", I believe this change is for the better.

Also, the beams/drills sound enticing.

Reaction score
    That is amazing... Keaton is doing an amazing job and good choice picking him/her.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    will we be able to add new power, shield, antimatter or missile blocks in the block config? would be good if one could add more tiers of weapons and edit the damage, shielding or power generation etc...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    finally! muhahaaaa first thing il try to will be making epic helmet :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Very excited about this. The model looks absolutely wonderful. Good job guys! Those animations! Yum!

Reaction score
    i really like this new model with a better human aspect !

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    nothing to say AWESOME but can you please make a small program for make your skin? and vieuw it in 3d before upload it ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Beacause if it will, I\'m not sure it will fit with the pixelated nature of the game...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Beacause if it will, I\'m not sure it will fit with the pixelated nature of the game...