New player models coming up.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Beacause if it will, I\'m not sure it will fit with the pixelated nature of the game...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The model is really quite more advanced and appealing than the old one, but will there be a chance of dropping the Minecraft style? I know it\'s a voxel game but to be honest, making guys less of squareheads and more like proper spacefarers, with slightly more serious theme would be better and more fitting for what people usually go for - elaborate starship constructions, epic space battles and exploring the unknown, imho.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I guess spaceyards would be a nice thing. Certainly would take out the \'rebuild the ship mid-flight\' element and allow stuff like escape pods, emergency landing etc.

Maybe in the future, we\'ll get something like that.

Reaction score
    Power tanks glow green.

Though I guess he wants something radioactive.

Reaction score
    This is freaking amazing. Can\'t wait to make a custom skin for the model for my player. Will their be a blueprint for the base textures so we know which part is which? Or maybe an 3D editor?

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    But can our new avatars sprint? That\'s what I really want, so we could navigate the surface of planets faster and make small arms combat interesting.

Reaction score
    These images are awesome and, in my mind, make the game a LOT better.

Reaction score
    Remove helmet? Does that min... o2 system to come? =D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I spy with my little eye some not very pretty deformation issues. The hips are especially bad.
    Just pointing that out.
    :/

Reaction score
    Well there are green lights? Unless he wants some glowing radioactive sludge :>

Reaction score
    Anything better than the current model... And the deformations aren\'t that much of a problem with a model that isn\'t supposed to be realistic in any way.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    i agree with you. A round head would be better since Starmade isn\'t really blocky as minecraft. When the helmet is worn it should look like an upside down U

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Your \"Soon\" is not soon enough for me, please tell me, what you have on the sleeve?

Reaction score
    These new player models look great and I\'m glad there is now a more lifelike proportion in regards to the body with respect to the limbs :D

Reaction score
    Just make them yourself, one of our server admin made some, green and purple. Ignite-gaming.com

Reaction score
    Currently, no first person view of weapons/tools. But of course you can make your own textures, at least for the body model and the helmet. :) People will still be able to make custom skins, and now be able to make custom helmets as well.