Medals!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think we need a medal for flaming. Just so people knows who does it.

Anti flaming that is

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I Genuinely miss My old Sega Genesis cartridge medal from from the old site. The "New Member" status I can live with (Even though I bought the game a year ago and have been playing ever since), But As a guy who grew up with a Sega Genesis, the Icing on the cake was that Genny cart medal.

Just above Me and to the left, within arm's reach, is My Model 1 (HDG, TMSS) Sega Genesis console, attached to a Model 2 Sega CD, (The Sega 32X is left detached until I plan on playing it) With it's headphone-out patched to the cd's mixing-in jack, Line-out to My Stereo, video connected to an old Commodore Amiga M#1080 RGB monitor via a homemade RGB-out cable, with a copy of Raiden sitting in the cartridge slot.......

TL;DR: Can I have My Genesis cartridge back? Pretty-Pleeeeeeeeease?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Haha... Sadly, I don't think I'll ever get the Ship Builder badges, seeing as I mostly keep all of my ships to myself...

Ya, giving medals to factions or servers seems dumb. Servers don't need it and factions don't deserve it.
    Servers don't need it, that I agree on, but IMO if factions get an official registry system outside of the game itself, it should be possible to create a custom faction badge, which would be usable by all current members of said faction once an administrator approves it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    What about something for contest winners? I'm thinking about the current station contest specificly, but it could be used for any future content creation contests aswell.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    ...it should be possible to create a custom faction badge, which would be usable by all current members of said faction...
    Players are currently using Signatures for this, which works much better than a badge system as you can embed media or URLs into them.

@Majorfatboy Me too. The medals themselves are ready to go. But we are waiting on things Registry side before they can be linked.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Players are currently using Signatures for this, which works much better than a badge system as you can embed media or URLs into them.

@Majorfatboy Me too. The medals themselves are ready to go. But we are waiting on things Registry side before they can be linked.
    how many medals are there now,and how many in the future?

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    how many medals are there now,and how many in the future?
    There's still the well know builder and popular community member medals that have yet to be added. Those two are basically a lesser version of the Master builder and renowned community member medals. But I'd still like to see them added, if possible.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    There's still the well know builder and popular community member medals that have yet to be added. Those two are basically a lesser version of the Master builder and renowned community member medals. But I'd still like to see them added, if possible.
    We may just take out respected and renowned medals, leaving it to one medal per category until the forums population increases.

As for the game owning badge, low priority at the moment, wiki and chat have to come first as well as some other important stuff.

More medals will come and we'll start really using the system when all these other systems are out of the way.

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    So do the Proof-of-Purchase medals work? Or did I miss something in the last four pages?

God damnit, I thought this was a new thread. For all the features that are locked on this forum from regular users, how is there not a necro-post filter?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I'm wondering what other medals are planned? What concepts do you have?
    Some type of art badge that covers any kind of StarMade art, such as skins, paintings/drawings, HUD themes, videos (youtube) etc. Other than that, there are none that I can think of, new ones will be continuously added based on suggestions.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I also want a builders medal
    But it seems my builds arent good enough yet :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    It would seem that there is at least one new badge: the ownership badge. It is a green triangle in the top left corner. This appears to have been implemented in the server maintenance. Does anyone know what else has been changed/added?

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It would seem that there is at least one new badge: the ownership badge. It is a green triangle in the top left corner. This appears to have been implemented in the server maintenance. Does anyone know what else has been changed/added?
    its rather seems to be something for the new chat system
    when its green it means that the member is online

Reactions: Equilibrium21

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Not really a badge anyway, more of an indicator :)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I also want a builders medal
    But it seems my builds arent good enough yet :(
    Somehow only the master badges are given :(
    (I bet because it's easier and they are too lazy to give everyone cool a badge :p )

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Somehow only the master badges are given :(
    (I bet because it's easier and they are too lazy to give everyone cool a badge :p )
    hmm yeah probably.
    but you certainly have earned the renown ship builder badge thingie :P