Medals!

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Today we have added Medals!

Medals are awarded to users who have significantly contributed to the community or game.

How are medals awarded?
    Medals are given out when a user has come to our attention, and has been recommended for one by the community and staff team. Users can also gain medals by winning a competition for a medal or a rank with a medal.

Medals are not awarded automatically, they are for community recognition. Trophies will be awarded automatically, for things such as time and post count.

Planned Medals
    • IRC Operator
    • Purchased the game (The only automatic medal)
    • Forum Moderator
    • Forum Administrator
    • Wiki Admin
    • Run a forum in a foreign language
    • Run a wiki in a foreign language
    • Run a (popular) StarMade Fansite
    • Alpha Purchaser
    Medals we currently have
    • Schine
    • Tester
    • Master Ship Builder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Wiki Editor
    • Modder
    • Arrrty
    • StarMade Purchaser
    • Video Genius

If you have any suggestions for medals please post them down below!

(The Medal page can be accessed from the help page http://starmadedock.net/help/medals)

Medals displayed on profile page:

Medal Page

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Hopefully this will motivate people to contribute interesting and productive content. help the community grow.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sweet ^-^

I'd suggest adding a Renowned/Master Skin Maker and Texture Maker, as they are something that contributes to the community but is completely separate from ships.

Also, one that is more for long term, one for people who purchase the game before Beta stage. Adds extra incentive to purchase now, and is good for when the game is released.

That's my ideas. :)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sweet ^-^

I'd suggest adding a Renowned/Master Skin Maker and Texture Maker, as they are something that contributes to the community but is completely separate from ships.

Also, one that is more for long term, one for people who purchase the game before Beta stage. Adds extra incentive to purchase now, and is good for when the game is released.

That's my ideas. :)
    Good suggestions, I'll add that to the list.

Reaction score
    oh your taking suggestions?

what about someone who finds bugs and exploits and submits them? both on the forums and in game it would encourage what is obviously a beneficial behavior for the community.

also maybe one for faction leaders, not all faction leaders but ones that are established and have at least a few members and are somewhat active. factions are like mini communities good ones draw in friends from other games and help the community grow. also if a new community member sees someone's post and they decide they agree with that persons perspective, they might like to know that person is a leader in a reputable faction and it might encourage them to join.

it might also encourage people who are in factions on smaller servers to be more active in the forums.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I love the idea of using medals, as it adds a more reliable way to tell how involved in the community a user is besides post count, which is a pretty horrible way.

If you've got a user with 200 posts and 4 medals, you know they're pretty awesome. A user with 1000 posts and 1 medal is probably just posting random things that not many people care about.

Reaction score
    i agree with the talking frog medals are a good way to HELP show a persons worth to the community

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    Some medals for other miscellaneous community content would be nice, like art, videos and music.

Reactions: Admiral Debris
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Great addition to the forums! Mabey some medals to show factions, as ridik said? And mabey medals for the owners of the servers in the top positions?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Great addition to the forums! Mabey some medals to show factions, as ridik said? And mabey medals for the owners of the servers in the top positions?
    Medals for Factions starts to give official recognition to unofficial things. It's a bit of a minefield.

I'd suggest keeping faction colours in your signature. Much easier imo.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    some thing to mark how long you have been in the community? and something to recognise the time, money and effort we admins put into running the servers that this game stands on would be nice :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I would like a small medal for faction leaders. Just something to show that this is THE Leader of so and so faction

Reactions: Admiral Debris
    Reaction score
    Only for the big big factions I would say, and depending on how schema makes the game when you need to pay, if people who played in beta/alpha get a badge, but pretty much only if schema makes it so people playing now can continue playing. If that happens, I would suggest some configurable setting for bonuses to buyers on servers when they join, or with the starmade wrapper the !claim command could give extra stuff, configurable though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would like a small medal for faction leaders. Just something to show that this is THE Leader of so and so faction
    I 'm of the opinion you must do this as a banner in your signature.
    Factions come and go. It's private related content, not official Starmade content.

For the medals, I'm impatient to see them all. ;)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    this is why ilove this new site,soo much more content,and it actualy encourages people to build and to contribute to community,the medal awards are just one of the amazing new things here,and i see myself getting quite a few of them hahahah i hope,i hope to see more of them

Reactions: Miow22
    Reaction score
    How do people that have already bought the game get their medals for both buying it and buying it in Alpha?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    How do people that have already bought the game get their medals for both buying it and buying it in Alpha?
    I think it will be assigned automatically to you when we have the medal graphics completed.