Medals!

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh, can we please have a medal for general awesomeness? No one knows how you actually get it, whether it's a specific count of doing something, or creating something cool.

Essentially, admins decide when a person is awesome enough to get the awesomeness medal. Awesome would be some kind of combination of creating a cool fan art of some kind, being really involved, potentially having contributed to the development of the game in some way (made a suggestion that got added, found a bug, created textures or code for the game etc).

One day... it just appears...

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Oh, can we please have a medal for general awesomeness? No one knows how you actually get it, whether it's a specific count of doing something, or creating something cool.

Essentially, admins decide when a person is awesome enough to get the awesomeness medal. Awesome would be some kind of combination of creating a cool fan art of some kind, being really involved, potentially having contributed to the development of the game in some way (made a suggestion that got added, found a bug, created textures or code for the game etc).

One day... it just appears...
    Could've let me put it in without anyone knowing :P

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Ya, giving medals to factions or servers seems dumb. Servers don't need it and factions don't deserve it.
    I dont feel faction owners need it, but for server owners it would show that you know what you are talking about when giving out advice, and it would be nice for some recognition for the work we do. running a server takes alot

Reactions: Claru

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Could've let me put it in without anyone knowing :p
    Umm... well... damn. Missed opportunity right there :P

I dont feel faction owners need it, but for server owners it would show that you know what you are talking about when giving out advice, and it would be nice for some recognition for the work we do. running a server takes alot
    So what you'd suggest is badges that show knowledge in a particular area? I'd agree with that completely.
    Parhaps badges for:
    - Tech support (often this is marked by an actual rank though). This wouldn't mean that only those people can do tech support, just that they're more likely to be right.
    - Server expert
    It could be a stretch, but you could also have badges for people who are good at non-Starmade specific things, for instance progamming. I'd be really careful about doing things like that though.

Reaction score
    I agree. There should be something to identify people that know what they're talking about. Owning a server doesn't qualify since it doesn't mean that you know anything about the issue at all. I would suggest something like a "first aid" medal for experienced users that often answer questions.

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I agree. There should be something to identify people that know what they're talking about. Owning a server doesn't qualify since it doesn't mean that you know anything about the issue at all. I would suggest something like a "first aid" medal for experienced users that often answer questions.
    I hope my post didn't imply that a server owner = a server expert, that's far from the case :P
    It should be that you have to prove your knowledge through helping people out on threads of people requesting help.

Reaction score
    What about a badge for being a renown server owner?

Reaction score
    Very cool ! This new Website, the new ranks ! Fantastic

Reaction score
    Server owners should be known without medals. They can put it into their signatures if need be.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Medals should be awarded for service of some kind, not just owning a server.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Maybe there just aren't enough of us out there, but writers? Anything for us here perhaps? -coughcough-
    :0

Reaction score
    Maybe there just aren't enough of us out there, but writers? Anything for us here perhaps? -coughcough-
    :0
    Wat? I write all day in school and I get no medal :c

Reaction score
    Po Tate, Lone Ranger across the stars, traveling to distant worlds with his trusty peeler, in search of the mystical "French Fry"...

COMING SOON TO A STARMADE FORUM NEAR YOU!

Reactions: WolfChild
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Ah, so good that this suggestion is being taken seriously. XD
    Let's all look forward to reading of this space potato, yes?

Reaction score
    ...I could actually write a story like that, if that tickles everyone's' fancy lol