Look captain, no hands! (Auto-Jumpdrive!)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    The warp gates advantage is its range, no charge up time (although i think it has a cooldown), and it can not be inhibited aside from it dropping its link for whatever reason.

I've tested the setup and even using the overclocked output of this method:
    use flip flop clock multipliers:

basically its a simplification of what Olxinos did
    you connect your clock output to a NOT gate
    then connect clock output to 2 activation
    then connect NOT to 2 activation
    then connect all 4 activation to 1 flip flop

presto x2 clock rate (repeat until you reach a satisfactory MHz level)

total blocks:
    initial clock : 4
    multiplier : 5
    multiplier 2 onward : 6
    total for 8Hz : 15
    total for 256 Hz : 45
    total for KHz : 57
    total for MHz : 117
    total for GHz : 177
    total for exceeding the clock rate of any CPU in existence : 201
    :D speed daemon are you? :D

this is clocking 8Hz
    the 8 flip flops on the side are just a 255 counter, its just there for visualizing how many increments have happened since my CPU doesn't keep up currently 01000110 or 70 in decimal (this was reached in less then 10 seconds)

*edit* not volksschiff, Olxinos
    I was not able to overcome a single jump inhibitor computer and module.

In conclusion, yes it does cause considerable advantage over warp gates and is overpowered for exploration or travel purposes, it is not overpowered if trying to overcome jump inhibitors as it conveys no advantage and in my experience is at a disadvantage against them.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    hmm noticed that you can let some drives auto charge and have a few manual ones for if you overshoot. Very handy on a stealth ship for those times when you just want to explore.

Reaction score
    That is for them to learn on their own. The ideal of competition is to find new ways to overcome and gain an advantage on the opposition. That is how the strong become strong and the weak are left to wallow complaining about imbalance and unfair gameplay. Why should we lower our own standards just because a few can't innovate? Now, the devs will patch this and make this whole innovation impossible, removing yet more nuance from the game.
    I guess you've new to the internet since you've never seen any complex, specific game tutorials before in online communities (or perhaps you disagree with the concept on a philosophical level and feel the need to lash out against them whenever you get the chance).

That was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I suppose we should ban education as well. No sense in giving handouts to the ignorant who expect everything handed to them on a plate, right? You want to use electricity? Fine, here's Ohm's law; now go and build yourself a power plant. You want a computer? I'll give you the specs for an ideal theoretical Turing machine, but you're on your own from there. If you're not smart enough or hard-working enough to figure it out on your own, then you don't deserve it.

Give me a beak. The entire history of human progress has been painstakingly built, to quote Newton, "by standing on the shoulders of giants". Do you think Einstein would have had time to develop general relativity if he had spent his life re-discovering classical motion? You can go and play Übermensch in the corner with Nietzsche. Meanwhile, the rest of us are going to play Starmade the way we want to and help each other out if we feel like it. Remember this: the people in history who shared their knowledge freely ushered in new eras of wonder. The people who started complaining about "being held back by the weak" started to rack up a body count fairly soon afterward.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I guess you've new to the internet since you've never seen any complex, specific game tutorials before in online communities (or perhaps you disagree with the concept on a philosophical level and feel the need to lash out against them whenever you get the chance).

That was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. I suppose we should ban education as well. No sense in giving handouts to the ignorant who expect everything handed to them on a plate, right? You want to use electricity? Fine, here's Ohm's law; now go and build yourself a power plant. You want a computer? I'll give you the specs for an ideal theoretical Turing machine, but you're on your own from there. If you're not smart enough or hard-working enough to figure it out on your own, then you don't deserve it.

Give me a beak. The entire history of human progress has been painstakingly built, to quote Newton, "by standing on the shoulders of giants". Do you think Einstein would have had time to develop general relativity if he had spent his life re-discovering classical motion? You can go and play Übermensch in the corner with Nietzsche. Meanwhile, the rest of us are going to play Starmade the way we want to and help each other out if we feel like it. Remember this: the people in history who shared their knowledge freely ushered in new eras of wonder. The people who started complaining about "being held back by the weak" started to rack up a body count fairly soon afterward.

Reaction score
    (Cat with AK-47 meme, caption: "SHOTS FIRED")
    Reading my post again, it sounds a lot more antagonistic and self-righteous than I had intended. :P I just really get frustrated when people start creating a huge deal out of something like this when all OP was doing was trying sharing something interesting that they figured out. :(

Incap, I understand your concerns about shirkers and free riders driving out innovation, but the reality is that they don't have this effect in any other game. Minecraft, for instance, is full of 8-year-olds copying stuff that they saw on YouTube, but people still make stuff and post it because A) They enjoy it, and B) They get recognition for it. It's not like I'm advocating for servers to automatically redistribute any harvested resources equally among all players or something; it's just that I don't get why this bothers you so much. Either way, this mechanic is extremely OP. Are you saying that the people who have figured this out should just keep it a secret and use it to their advantage? They would obliterate everyone else almost automatically and eventually, people would get tired of getting their asses kicked by people who seemed to be doing something impossible. They would pack up, leave, and go play Elite: Dangerous or Minecraft and the few players remaining would be left in the perpetual stalemate of what amounts to a state of mutually-assured destruction. Eternal interstellar cold war doesn't sound like an enjoyable StarMade experience to me. Balance is good for EVERYONE, and it doesn't make you a Communist to agree with that. ;)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    So far I don't see how this is op much less hard to figure out how to do. All you need is a logic clock linked to your jump drive computers. Although there is a bug with jump inhibitors not working on logic jump drives so just fix that and the problem should be solved. Also I still don't see how this hyperbole of you thinking someone could totally wipe out someone else with logic charged jump drives even happens. The only things jump drives are good for is getting to places or running away.

Reaction score
    So far I don't see how this is op much less hard to figure out how to do. All you need is a logic clock linked to your jump drive computers. Although there is a bug with jump inhibitors not working on logic jump drives so just fix that and the problem should be solved. Also I still don't see how this hyperbole of you thinking someone could totally wipe out someone else with logic charged jump drives even happens. The only things jump drives are good for is getting to places or running away.
    Yeah, it's not THAT hard to figure out, but I was addressing the points that Incap was making. My concern here (and what I'm speculating that schema's concern might be) is the threat of large-scale guerilla attacks. You are right, though, in that fixing the bug would fix that problem since we have jump inhibitors now. My guess is that since a large part about the game is that space is huge and somewhat time consuming/costly to traverse (the reason for the existence of ships and jump drives) that being able to nearly negate that would confer such a great advantage upon a player and would sway the balance of power so much that other players wouldn't be able to compete at all anyway.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Highly unlikely they wouldn't be able to compete with logic drives since once they start going off unless you have setup a means of a specific number only being charged and fired at a time you are very likely to overshoot using a large number of them. Worst case I see happening is a small fleet of drones jumping in from a nearby area but no one is going to waste a ship bigger than those on this style of logic jump drives + AI attack since they'd just be giving resources to their target at that point. Basically at worst you'd see a carrier sitting at least one or two full jumps away sending out drones, fighters, bombers, maybe a frigate or two but after that if they didn't kill you they are going to have to either run off or fetch their toys. If they don't pick them up they just lost thousands of credits worth of blocks. Any logic jump AI ships would be a total loss if they ship even got nugged a small amount off course.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Highly unlikely they wouldn't be able to compete with logic drives since once they start going off unless you have setup a means of a specific number only being charged and fired at a time you are very likely to overshoot using a large number of them. Worst case I see happening is a small fleet of drones jumping in from a nearby area but no one is going to waste a ship bigger than those on this style of logic jump drives + AI attack since they'd just be giving resources to their target at that point. Basically at worst you'd see a carrier sitting at least one or two full jumps away sending out drones, fighters, bombers, maybe a frigate or two but after that if they didn't kill you they are going to have to either run off or fetch their toys. If they don't pick them up they just lost thousands of credits worth of blocks. Any logic jump AI ships would be a total loss if they ship even got nugged a small amount off course.
    tried and tested by me sir

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    *Rushes in with popcorn*
    Am I late? Yes? Damn.

But in all seriousness, I do like the idea, but it'd be nice if it were possible for enemies to disable it, such as when you take damage, ect.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive

Are you really comparing me to a fascist because I want to keep innovations as an advantage on the competitive scene?

Stupidest, most anti-intellectual and pretentious crap I've read all day. It's a game. Not a civilization, you idiot.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Are you really comparing me to a fascist because I want to keep innovations as an advantage on the competitive scene?

Stupidest, most anti-intellectual and pretentious crap I've read all day. It's a game. Not a civilization, you idiot.
    You must really hate Bench then for this, huh?

You talk about competition; having to fight others using this same tech will definitely create more intense competition for you. Like you said, it's a game, so quit being so butthurt that you're no longer the sole person who knows how to do this. This elitist bullshit you're trying to promote is getting old.

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    *Rushes in with popcorn*
    Am I late? Yes? Damn.

But in all seriousness, I do like the idea, but it'd be nice if it were possible for enemies to disable it, such as when you take damage, ect.

Looks like it's not over yet buddy. Have a seat...

Reactions: shadowulf
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    *Rushes in with popcorn*
    Am I late? Yes? Damn.

Or with jump inhibitors

Let it be known that there is a more appropriate reaction image with umaru looking even more displeased but for some reason I can't find it

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Dear god what the hell is that it looks like the stuff I have nightmares about

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    the people who have figured this out should just keep it a secret and use it to their advantage?
    The majority of people who have figured it out on their own have pretty much decided that they should do just that.

Reactions: Incap
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    You must really hate Bench then for this, huh?

You talk about competition; having to fight others using this same tech will definitely create more intense competition for you. Like you said, it's a game, so quit being so butthurt that you're no longer the sole person who knows how to do this. This elitist bullshit you're trying to promote is getting old.
    "Everything should be the same! That's the best way to be competitive!"

Reactions: Rumcajz